Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Attachments

• PXL_20220917_234354971~2.jpg
    PXL_20220917_234354971~2.jpg
    787.7 KB · Views: 59
Definitely keep an eye out for changes on your app.

I had a Y ordered, with initial EDD of Feb - May '23, and this morning have noticed a change in my app, with a delivery window of 5 - 17 November. I was NOT expecting this at all, have been hoping for an update to M3 delivery.
That is too far away for a cancellation (would be rare for MY anyway). Sounds like a new build. Would be good to know build date when you get one.

Just when you thought Tesla cares about Australian customers… we get this.
Not only are wait times for China domestic orders down to as little as 7 days…… that’s SEVEN DAYS …… (I and many others are on a 7 month wait) but they seem to be offering special discounts too. Wake me up when this over.
Tesla China Offers De Facto Price Cut As Wait Times Plunge as-wait-times-plunge/

Reactions: Snoopy1
Not only are wait times for China domestic orders down to as little as 7 days…… that’s SEVEN DAYS …… (I and many others are on a 7 month wait) but they seem to be offering special discounts too. Wake me up when this over.
Tesla China Offers De Facto Price Cut As Wait Times Plunge as-wait-times-plunge/
Whaaaat?? Digesting information...

That stinks.

Does anyone know if Tesla has an agreement in place with China (preferential treatment etc) given that they are based in Shanghai?

Reactions: MagicalseT
China is a completely different market but by all accounts, of leading indicators the demand is dropping just as production is ramping to a new level and competition from others is hotting up.

Wouldn't be at all surprised if our wait times start to drop in the next couple of months if not even quicker.

I can see consumer demand all over the world a completely different beast in 2023 as we all get a dose of the real economy, many orders in the system will be cancelled as households begin to take stock of budgets.
The only problem for AU is the US dollar might continue to strengthen as more and more countries bid for the 'world' currency so keeping imported prices elevated.