Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As compared to Australia….? Plus where does that fact come from?
The Shanghai factory manufactures for export only for the first two months of each quarter and then does China only for the last month in each quarter. Thats why China has a 1-10 week wait for some models currently.
Also I just checked the https://www.tesla.com/teslaaccount/oxp-bff-api/user-orders link and my status is now booked. How long does it usually take from booked to delivery?

I had a Y ordered, with initial EDD of Feb - May '23, and this morning have noticed a change in my app, with a delivery window of 5 - 17 November. I was NOT expecting this at all, have been hoping for an update to M3 delivery.
Good news for your Y! But not so much for all those waiting for 3s for 7 months or more. Ties into the "maximum cash" theory.

Good news for your Y! But not so much for all those waiting for 3s for 7 months or more. Ties into the "maximum cash" theory.
Definitely not an orderly process of clearing orders stretching back to February.
an ED of 5-17 November makes me fear very late September earlyOctober run has or is being arranged and is going to be concentrating on Ys again and maybe a few scraps for the RWD orders!
No change on my EDD 😢
RWD OD 12/3 still August to November

Reactions: Mal Cartwright
Definitely not an orderly process of clearing orders stretching back to February.
an ED of 5-17 November makes me fear very late September early October run has or is being arranged and is going to be concentrating on Ys again and maybe a few scraps for the RWD orders!
No change on my EDD 😢
RWD OD 12/3 still August to November
Except 2380 vs 1017 in Model 3 favour does not sound like concentrating on Ys...

'in August, this has been 2,380 Model 3s and 1,017 Model Ys.'

Except 2380 vs 1017 in Model 3 favour does not sound like concentrating on Ys...

'in August, this has been 2,380 Model 3s and 1,017 Model Ys.'

At what point do they count it in their sale figures? When it's ordered, allocated, paid in full, other?

Last edited:
Yeah, I hear you. But we all know there's no rhyme or reason to the way Tesla does things. My 3 was ordered just a few weeks after yours (I ordered around 20th March, changed the interior first week of April), but you at least have an EDD of Aug - November, whilst mine still shows the generic 6 - 9 months. So will probably see it sometime in 2023.

Reactions: Mal Cartwright
The Shanghai factory manufactures for export only for the first two months of each quarter and then does China only for the last month in each quarter. Thats why China has a 1-10 week wait for some models currently.
Also I just checked the https://www.tesla.com/teslaaccount/oxp-bff-api/user-orders link and my status is now booked. How long does it usually take from booked to delivery?
This just means that the order is on the system, it’s not an indicator of an imminent delivery. Mine says the same and has ever since I became aware of the API months ago. Sorry!

Yeah, I hear you. But we all know there's no rhyme or reason to the way Tesla does things. My 3 was ordered just a few weeks after yours (I ordered around 20th March, changed the interior first week of April), but you at least have an EDD of Aug - November, whilst mine still shows the generic 6 - 9 months. So will probably see it sometime in 2023.
I agree, one thing certain is we are all in the same Tesla boat and at the whims of Tesla Which could change at any time.
Don't think anyone begrudges anyone of us receiving a VIN, good luck I say.
Logic says everyone will eventually receive one it is just the great uncertainty around what Tesla Is planning. And hey you may still see a 2022 delivery for your 3 who knows, I wouldn't bet against it.

but they don't produce both at similar output. Shanghai supposedly producing ~14,000/week of MY and ~7,700/week of M3 after previous line upgrade. MY is almost double of M3. I guess that is based on demand?
Yes to a certain extent but the manufacturing process of the Model Y is quicker due to them using a different and quicker casting process compare to a Model 3