Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We will do the slim plates once we get the car and know the rego. I wonder if they come with EV sticker??
@JustinFernleaf you can get the blue EV triangles from MTA Queensland, so you could easily attach them to any PPQ plates you get later.
@Ormaus are you able to tell me if all the cars already blue triangles on their plates when you were picking it up from Tesla?

Reactions: JustinFernleaf
You can get your PPQ plates before the car arrives, and they will be fitted by them before delivery, and they fit the EV triangles as well

Attachments

• 8507D586-C1A8-4B19-B74C-88D2CDB42BC7.jpeg
    8507D586-C1A8-4B19-B74C-88D2CDB42BC7.jpeg
    521.5 KB · Views: 72
  • 5A61D0E6-C271-4D1B-8F19-AABC7C65B016.jpeg
    5A61D0E6-C271-4D1B-8F19-AABC7C65B016.jpeg
    588 KB · Views: 53
@JustinFernleaf you can get the blue EV triangles from MTA Queensland, so you could easily attach them to any PPQ plates you get later.
@Ormaus are you able to tell me if all the cars already blue triangles on their plates when you were picking it up from Tesla?
When I picked up my car the other day the blue triangles were stuck on my plates. I have ordered a replacement front plate as I cracked it when drilling it and I asked the Tesla people if they could give more more triangles and they happily obliged.

Took delivery today in Melbourne. Delivery experience was fantastic. For those waiting the warehouse was full - maybe 100 cars? I have read these pages every day since my order on the 15th March. (M3 LR) On request they did move my delivery forward one day and the centre is open both public holidays so I guess they are working hard to get cars out the door. See you round fellow Eltham owners and good luck to those still waiting. The car might be great but the waiting was sh*t and I feel for you all. Especially those who ordered M3’s well before me.

So…I got the call this afternoon, the car was registered yesterday and will be on a truck down Wagga way hopefully on Friday or Monday or Tuesday etc. No absolutes, but it should hopefully be here sometime next week or so. Then this evening, I’ve ordered replacement plates (on hold at MyPlates for over a year) and organised comp. insurance.

I apologise, I am not not trying to gloat or boast. I was just one of the very lucky ones to be included in the last round.
Really happy for you PcS000. If I'm not wrong that time frame is near just like mine. About 6 weeks from when it's made to getting a rural delivery. Just need those wagga superchargers 👍

Reactions: PcS000
Yea, I had an issue with that last year. MTA did not have an option for picking them up. the only option was to post them. I ordered a set, it never arrived, so a month later I contacted them, they said it was shipped. AusPost said there was no tracking number provided so ordered another . a month later same deal, not arrived and no tracking number, so I asked them if they can ship it with tracking. I had to pay extra for that and they shipped it again. 2 weeks later it showed delivered, but there was nothing at my post box, so I reviewed the camera footage of my house cameras. On camera I could see the postie bike drive by my post box both ways and never slowed down or delivered anything. So I opened a complaint with AusPost. They spoke with the postie and came back with that it was delivered, the postie confirmed that to them. I sent them the camera footage, then next day they came back with, that apparently was delivered to wrong address and they will need to see if they can re-claim from that address and re-deliver. So I ended up getting them 3 months after I first ordered and paying for 3 sets to get one.
When I picked up my car the other day the blue triangles were stuck on my plates. I have ordered a replacement front plate as I cracked it when drilling it and I asked the Tesla people if they could give more more triangles and they happily obliged.
When those triangles became mandatory I visited Tesla Gold Coast twice and asked if I could purchase any from them and they said no, as they dont have any spares and asked me to order some from MTA, and that where the postie saga began...
I hope that they keep some stock by now, as I would hate to go through that again when my new car arrives.

Reactions: JustinFernleaf
Ok.. this is weird.. I just got a Final Invoice SMS..

I need to sit down and see if this is spam/malicious phishing or the real deal.

Don't toy with me TESLA!!

Anyone else getting word?
For which car, @Mattflow?

It's definitely possible, I got a Y assigned even with an initial EDD of Feb - May '23.... BUT wouldn't you receive a notification stating that a vehicle had been allocated, first??