Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If VINs don't start happening over the next few days for M3 it would seem there won't be any M3 on the Viking Passama which would be a terrible sign
that would only mean staggered deliveries and no more 'start of the quarter' BS. They have put MY's on couple of ships already, so they want to reduce the bottleneck at the port and at delivery centers, so keeping a gap between MY and M3 ships.

and again showing they have put MY before M3
The ships aren't the issue for now. The evidence appears to be that they haven't produced any for our market yet. Not like they are just waiting on the dock with no ship to take them to us.

Can't wait until this Model Y comparison chat is a thing of the past.

If past schedule is what we should go by then they should start producing for our market imminently. The Model 3 EDD for new orders hasn't budged from Feb - May 2023 even though I am sure they have had a load of orders, which indicates they continue to be pretty confident of significant production in the near term.

so that means less than 4000 M3s in this quarter compared to over 5000 MYs. That is less than 4 days worth of production of M3s at Shanghai (~7700/week production capability for M3).

below extract from VFACTS data

M3MYTotal
H1 2022465704657
July~4*04
Aug2380~1000*3397
Sep~1600*43595969
Q3 2022~3980*53599370
*ignoring the S and X model sales as they would be very low compared to 3 and Y
Have i got this right? No M3-RWD versions were delivered in September and no deliveries scheduled for October. November who knows.

The ships aren't the issue for now. The evidence appears to be that they haven't produced any for our market yet. Not like they are just waiting on the dock with no ship to take them to us.

Can't wait until this Model Y comparison chat is a thing of the past.

If past schedule is what we should go by then they should start producing for our market imminently. The Model 3 EDD for new orders hasn't budged from Feb - May 2023 even though I am sure they have had a load of orders, which indicates they continue to be pretty confident of significant production in the near term.
exactly the point. ships are not the issue. They have produced cars for our market. They built MYs for AU on 21/9 for Turandot which arrived in Shanghai 27/9. just like MY's They had chance to produce M3 for Morning Cherry (29/9) and Morning Crystal (6/10 - too late for M3s now). but they chose not to produce M3s for these ships (or did not book spots on those ships). its not like they are producing MYs on one day and M3s on other day. they could mix and deliver MYs and M3s on the same ship. different rules for MYs and M3s.

If you want to talk maths at this stage, tesla will be loosing approximately $10000 per car (M3 rwd) sold in january/feb and begining of march before the price rise.
When i bought my car in feb (20th) the price was 59900 and the AUD was 0.72 cents now the price of the car is 65500 and the AUD IS 0.65, so they gunna try to delay as much as they can. People will cancel their orders or some will change the order to MY instead. This way they reduce the loss from those orders.
Thats my take on this bull-sh*t. Happening with our orders. 5 days into the new quarter and still seeing new MY vin and nothing Rwd from jan/feb.

This is my SA

1664953758443.png

If you want to talk maths at this stage, tesla will be loosing approximately $10000 per car (M3 rwd) sold in january/feb and begining of march before the price rise.
When i bought my car in feb (20th) the price was 59900 and the AUD was 0.72 cents now the price of the car is 65500 and the AUD IS 0.65, so they gunna try to delay as much as they can. People will cancel their orders or some will change the order to MY instead. This way they reduce the loss from those orders.
Thats my take on this bull-sh*t. Happening with our orders. 5 days into the new quarter and still seeing new MY vin and nothing Rwd from jan/feb.
This is a good point, and just makes me double down on waiting.

I shall stare down Tesla with monk like patience for my great value 59,900 slice of vanilla!

My SA who I sent a message to replied this after I said I was thinking of cancelling and buying a Y....

Hey I don't think so. I know the Y's that are being allocated because they have built them. Our 3's are currently being built so should have an ETA for you soon. It is annoying that the Y's are coming before a lot of older 3 orders, but unfortunately it's out of my control.

This is not how listed companies work. They want to show progression in terms of profit margin and profitability so will want to deliver the lower margin product earlier. Burying their head in the sand doesn't help them on a look forward basis.

MY is produced on a separate line so doesn't impact M3 line use in the new quarter.