Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there anyway to find out what Tesla will offer you for existing car (trade in price).

I ordered RWD in late June and is still Feb-May. The trade in price of my existing car (not a Tesla) is still pending but it would be good to understand roughly what they would offer or if I try and sell privately in advance. We could potentially sell now and get by with one car for now hence it would be good to know. Guessing I just have to wait?

There is no obligation for you to go through with it, so why not just enter your details and see what they say? For me, i got offered 39,000 from Tesla and 44,300 from Carsales instant offer. However there was an mechanical issue with my car and the offer went down another $1800.

Interesting.

Your post at the end of October that was intended to put a stop to all the discussion used said the following:

You are now changing the language from "I will be..." to "reserving the right".

This distinct change in your words smacks to me of a one-sided view of the situation. As a moderator, I would expect you to take a role that is understanding of different perspectives.

This also raises concerns to me, and re-iterates a concern from someone who last week brought up the VedaPrime topic - that there's no clear definition of what is allowed here, and what isn't.

Now you're suggesting that an important factor of whether the topic is allowed is whether the "flow of the thread" is impacted. Can you elaborate on what the flow is, because without clarification, a definition of the "flow" is quite subjective.

I'm coming to the conclusion that perhaps, instead, its on your own whims as to what is allowed in this thread, and when.

This type of behaviour from a moderator - of clearly stating a rule, and then mid-way through the period of time the rule is in effect, changing the terms of the rule - does not make for a great place to express a point of view. It detracts from the value TMC provides to the Australian Tesla community.

In what will likely be a futile effort, I'm going to clearly explain my perspective here:
  • VedaPrime provides factual information to his community - this is undisputed
  • In my view, VedaPrime should be free to include themselves in this community and offer insight when his knowledge is relevant
  • VedaPrime is also free to run his own paid-for service; there's nothing wrong with this either
  • I personally don't think its too much for VedaPrime to include a link to his service in his signature, even though this isn't allowed by the forum rules
However, where I think the line should be drawn, referencing TMC's forum rules:

Under the TMC forum rules heading "Signature Guidelines"

The VedaPrime website is commercial, and it is (in my view) a competing website. the site's address is listed in VedaPrime's signature. Interestingly, the signature says it's a "tracking guide" but the site itself refers to it as a "tracking service". Presumably this variation is to avoid it being flagged to TMC of its actual status as a business.

Under the TMC forum rules heading "No Advertising – Spam":

While previously meloccom you have said the word your in "Do not heedlessly place your advertisements through the Discussion Forums" means this only applies to VedaPrime themselves placing advertisement (which, btw, I agree they have not done), it is tenuous to suggest that the "your" pronoun used once at the beginning of this paragraph means everyone else can heedlessly advertise the VedaPrime service at will.

Under the TMC forum rules heading "Competing Sites, Businesses, Individuals and Organizations"

I believe it is against TMC member's best interest, and TMC's own interest, to allow VedaPrime's site (including the Patreon, and Discord service) to build upon the popularity of TMC by promoting themselves here.

The way VedaPrime is promoted here often cuts short the conversation of this thread about topics of interest - to use your words melaccom's - it disrupts the flow. Those who promote the service typically do so off the back of a conversation or a question about the Model 3 delivery process. Instead of providing an answer that helps the TMC community build its knowledge, the member often repeats the typical phrasing "Have you tried VedaPrime's service? That's where to go to find this out" - its literally the definition of promoting a business.

VedaPrime exists as a chat room environment, with different Discord channels for different topics. It should be unquestioned - VedaPrime is a competing site to TMC.

You might look at the 4th sentence of the rule around competing sites and see that the word "themselves" is used - you may argue again that VedaPrime itself is not actively promoting the commercial service - that its only others who are promoting it. But like the same argument against the No advertising rules, it is tenuous to think that one single word can be the difference between heedless promotion being allowed, or not allowed.

Above are my arguments in support of removing and banning all references to VedaPrime's service here on this thread, and doing so permanently.

If this post is unduly removed, if an unreasonable response is received, or if I am verballed again by other members (i.e. putting forward arguments against things I, and others, have not actually said against VedaPrime's service), I will escalate through whatever means is available on the TMC system.

A quick search shows this is not the only thread VedaPrime is mentioned in. I will also be sure to highlight the references in other threads as well.

If you provide a reasonable response, taking into account the key elements of my perspective above, then great. I may even consider becoming a paid-for TMC member.
Way back in 2019 I posted a thread in the Moderators only section of the forum regarding VedaprimeS services.
I didn’t get any feedback from senior Moderators that my approach was against the forum rules.
I defer to the site owners for any interpretation of forum rules and whilst I take your concerns on board I see my role here to keep this section of the forum friendly to visitors and maximise the potential participation of Australian and New Zealand public on TMC.
Along with the written rules is my interaction with senior moderators and my understanding gained from those interactions. All of this indicates that they are happy for members to talk of and recommend services of which they are happy.
There are threads talking of, Insurance, car detailing, Tyres, body repair, accessories and more on the Australian and New Zealand forums and these are of benefit to members and visitors so I am happy to allow these to continue, but it’s not appropriate and against Forum rules for the owners of these businesses to promote the business or it’s services themselves.
This applies to the services offered by @Vedaprime too, but I don’t see why other members can‘t talk about the services he offers be the discussion positive or negative.
My biggest problem is with this thread, The Model 3 Waiting Room, it is so popular that it’s not unusual for more than 5 pages of post to be added between my twice daily moderator sessions and the propensity of stressed waiting future owners to start flame wars whilst I’m not on line. If I recall correctly, what I was trying to do last month was put out an unproductive flame war between members of the value or not of Vedaprim’s paid services. My message did the job and that is my primary purpose as moderator. Beyond this I don’t see a reason to single out Vedaprime when that are Facebook groups and TOCA forums that can be considered competitive to TMC, all of which have been discussed in these forums from time to time.
If you, or any other member, think you want to help TMC financially click on the Support TMC link at the bottom of the page.

So for all the Perth people who had a Tesla M3 on Miraculous Ace, I have recently spoken to a SA regarding the expected delivery of these vehicles as I work FIFO and was trying to avoid delivery day landing on a day I was away.

The SA stated that the delivery centre is completely booked out with other vehicles and all deliveries from this ship wont be looked at for the schedule until at least next week 😮‍💨

So for all the Perth people who had a Tesla M3 on Miraculous Ace, I have recently spoken to a SA regarding the expected delivery of these vehicles as I work FIFO and was trying to avoid delivery day landing on a day I was away.

The SA stated that the delivery centre is completely booked out with other vehicles and all deliveries from this ship wont be looked at for the schedule until at least next week 😮‍💨

I'm in the same boat, thanks for the info. Not really a surprise tbh.

Reactions: danwale and Kinna
You'll probably get it closer to May at this point.

I ordered in June and it was the same delivery estimate Feb-May, so I'm expecting mine will arrive Feb/Mar based on people who have ordered in Feb and look to be getting their car by Dec/Jan at the latest probably.
If we don't get vins by the end of the month I'm pretty sure 100% no one who hasn't already gotten an EDD will get it this year. Or Jan for that matter.

Don Juan has been pushed back for a docking in Melb now scheduled for Friday (25th).

I really don't understand why ships keep getting delayed at ports... are ships unexpectedly turning up and surprising them? Are the ships carrying significantly more cargo than expected? I don't think so.. Or is it that dock workers are not showing up to work? Seems very poorly managed to me!

Reactions: chanielden
You'll probably get it closer to May at this point.

I ordered in June and it was the same delivery estimate Feb-May, so I'm expecting mine will arrive Feb/Mar based on people who have ordered in Feb and look to be getting their car by Dec/Jan at the latest probably.
Cheers, Im going to put the order in now anyway incase the price goes up? anything past May is good..

Reactions: Pierce11
Good evening all,

Soon to be owner here, I have a Model 3 LR in order from June, initially told Feb-May delivery then a few weeks ago it was brought forward to 28/11-12/12. Then a week later it came back again to 20/11-4/12.

All paid up, all forms completed weeks ago. Still no message to schedule delivery. Checked VIN number on RAV search and it was registered on 16/11.

The wait is excruciating...

I am in Gippsland, Victoria - pick up in Melbourne.