Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Trying to find the positive in delivery dates being delayed by a couple of weeks. At least we know now and can make plans for the possibility that the delivery day will fall on a day when we’re away for the Christmas break.

Has anyone watching this thread had someone else pick up their car for them? What form does the “letter of authority” need to take?

Reactions: neilg
Trying to find the positive in delivery dates being delayed by a couple of weeks. At least we know now and can make plans for the possibility that the delivery day will fall on a day when we’re away for the Christmas break.

Has anyone watching this thread had someone else pick up their car for them? What form does the “letter of authority” need to take?
The informed me that it's no longer an email template. Instead they provide a form link, where you fill out all the information about your reservation and your nominated pick up person. Submit once it's done, and you're good to go apparently.

Reactions: mpowney
I still have 3rd-16th December in my app. Morning Crystal and Morning Cherry both are still floating around in the ocean. I'm fully expecting to see my dates slip to the back end of December like others, yet it isn't.

I think there is no chance of it coming early December.
Like you, I believe my M3 is on either the Morning Crystal or Morning Cherry. My strategy is to check the RAV site daily to see if the car has officially "entered" Australia. Still hopeful of a pre Christmas surprise 🤞

Better than an SMS - this morning I got a phone call from a nice lady at Tesla. I'll be picking up the car on Friday. 🙂
Did you happen to see whether your delivery window updated this morning before you got the call, to push it out to 12 Dec onwards?

(just holding out hope that this morning’s additional delays for Melbourne orders are some kind of automated update, and I and others may still get a delivery date assigned sooner rather than later)

No Comment
1670114488616.png

Like you, I believe my M3 is on either the Morning Crystal or Morning Cherry. My strategy is to check the RAV site daily to see if the car has officially "entered" Australia. Still hopeful of a pre Christmas surprise 🤞

My car didn't show up on RAV until 2 weeks after landing in Fremantle.

The allianze 4.99% car loan seems click baity. You fill out the form and they offer 5.99%. I don’t know what criteria you need to meet 4.99.

Does anyone else know any cheaper finance options?
I went with Queensland country bank green car loan 4.5% comparison rate, variable - no ongoing fees. Seems like they increased it to 4.77% now. They were a bit slow with the whole process but overall good so far. (And deposited the funds a week before delivery).

Unfortunatly not.. I just don’t trust they won’t send you a pickup sms tomorrow, or next week, or never… :rolleyes: Thats been the worst part, the inability to plan around this!

My car didn't show up on RAV until 2 weeks after landing in Fremantle.

I went with Queensland country bank green car loan 4.5% comparison rate, variable - no ongoing fees. Seems like they increased it to 4.77% now. They were a bit slow with the whole process but overall good so far. (And deposited the funds a week before delivery).

You aren’t scared the variable rate in increase dramatically? I’m not how that works for cars