Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Brisbane folks ...

M3 LR W/B 19" Wheels
OOD: 20/07/2022 (LR Blue/Black Standard Wheels)
Updated: 06/08/2022 (LR White/Black 19" Wheels)

28/11/2022: A Tesla Model 3 has been assigned to your order
EDD: 19/12/2022 - 31/12/2022

Status as at 07/12/2022 - 11:00am

EDD: 19/12/2022 - 31/12/2022 (not changed since 28/11/2022)
VIN: Not available
Build Date: Unknown
Final Invoice: Not available
Insurance: Awaiting VIN (full comprehensive required for finance)
Partial Finance (non Tesla): Awaiting Insurance, VIN and Final Invoice
Trade-In: Accepted
Balance Funds: Ready (not paid)
Rego Details: Supplied (incl. swap euro plate from old to new)
-- All Tesla on-line pre-delivery steps completed --

I've done many quotes and narrowed it down, however I'll only commit to insurance when I have a delivery date.

At the moment my front runners are Rollin and Allianz.
Allianz was the best for me too. $97 per month for any driver, no excess for glass, unlimited hire car for all insured events, choice of repairer and agreed value.

Youi was by far the worst at $348 per month ($4,176 per annum!) and they charge a $50 excess for glass, hire car only for theft, listed drivers only, no choice of repairer and market value.

CGU don't insure Teslas.

Definitely worth spending half an hour doing a bunch of online quotes to see who can offer you the best deal.

Reactions: Dilepa
Woo I have movement! Order went from Feb-May to TBD. Hope it doesn't go to May-Aug :mad:
Looks like mine got the same treatment. Went overnight from Feb-May 2023 to TBD. Also LR and Aug 2022 order. I hope that they move mine back into that Feb-May window as I will not be able to pick it up until second half of Jan earliest and probably easiest for me would be in the window they originally gave me. I could handle a few months after that window, but no more than 2 weeks before.

Looks like mine got the same treatment. Went overnight from Feb-May 2023 to TBD. Also LR and Aug 2022 order. I hope that they move mine back into that Feb-May window as I will not be able to pick it up until second half of Jan earliest and probably easiest for me would be in the window they originally gave me. I could handle a few months after that window, but no more than 2 weeks before.
I'm happy for anytime. just need organisation of wheels etc ... needs 2 weeks

I hope that they move mine back into that Feb-May window as I will not be able to pick it up until second half of Jan earliest and probably easiest for me would be in the window they originally gave me. I could handle a few months after that window, but no more than 2 weeks before.
Several people who had dates moved from Feb-May back into December were able to call and have their car pushed back - it seems that if the date they move you to is earlier than the original window you had, you can do that.

Several people who had dates moved from Feb-May back into December were able to call and have their car pushed back - it seems that if the date they move you to is earlier than the original window you had, you can do that.
Yea, thats also what my SA said, if they assign me one before my EDD, I can ask to be pushed into EDD, however I dont have a hidden or otherwise VIN yet and TBD really does not mean there is a car ready, so I will hold my horses until there is more movement and they assign me a VIN or date range that is not suitable for me before I ask them to change anything. They might assign me a date range that would work fine for me :)

Last edited:
I was really hoping for Liberty Ace ETA 14 Dec, WA has just been assigned Primrose Ace ETA 28 Dec my EDD is 30-31 Dec which is looking very doubtful.
1670378877615.png

The same happened to me. Chatswood to Alexandria without prompting.

RWD, White/White, standard wheels.
OD: 22 Jul 2022
EDD: December 15 - 29
Build Date: 27 Nov 2022
VIN: assigned, in the rego paperwork
Final Invoice: has been issued

From my perspective, the unprompted change to Alexandria could be a good thing. That could mean Tesla wants to expedite the delivery process, by not giving customers the chance to choose pickup location. I imagine they would want to clock in as many "units delivered" as possible before the quarter ends in 31 Dec.... for earnings calls etc.
I spoke to my sa regarding that he said chatswood is at full capacity that why they had to move pickup location to alexandria to able to meet the target of delivering by end of december.

There she is! 😍

thumbnail_IMG_3981.jpg

There was a hiccup that delayed my delivery for about 30mins (make sure your the payment is ticked in your account before you take delivery, even if the balance has been saying 0 for a week...)

Paint is good, panel gaps excellent. Should come out beautifully after professional care and being wrapped in Stealth PPF. Does have USS, a real horn, and probably old cameras.

It's been quite the journey, but all worth it!