Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Question All

For those who are stumping up their hard earned $$$. Did people wait to get a specfic delivery/pickup date before paying? or did you pay and twiddle your thumbs thinking they have the money now what?
I put my rego through but I am not giving them a cent until they confirm delivery date, and then I will pay so they get the money exactly 48 hours prior! :)

Reactions: Missimpatient
This is exactly what I have done. I won't be paying until I get a firm pick up date and will most probably pay in 3 installments as my limit per day is 20k.
I went into a branch and got them to do a telegraphic transfer for the full amount, when I checked 90 minutes later the app was updated to show zero owing, they waived the $30 fee too as it's Christmas 🎄 .

Reactions: Joutsen and choppa
Just reading the invoice again, wondering isnt the rego free for two years for ACT? why still charging $210
The registration fee is zero (normally $598.80).

However you still have to pay:
  • Establishing new registration fee: $102.20
  • Road rescue fee: $29.10
  • Road safety contribution: $2.50
  • Lifetime care and support levy: $60.40
  • Motor accident levy: $16.00
These total to $210.20

When you renew you won't have to pay the 'establishing new registration fee' so it'll be $108 on top of the CTPI.

Reactions: Ray16022022
Please which novated lease company are you using. Mine has refused to redo my quote to factor in the FBT law. They kept saying they were still waiting for further direction. BTW, how much did the change make to your lease payment?
Maxxia is the lease company and the poat tax amount changed to pre tax. For me it was 600 ish became pre tax so savings will depend on your tax rate

I went into a branch and got them to do a telegraphic transfer for the full amount, when I checked 90 minutes later the app was updated to show zero owing, they waived the $30 fee too as it's Christmas 🎄 .
“tell me you’re broke without telling me you’re broke” - how I’m feeling atm.

CBA loan funded yesterday, showed up on banking app and in tesla account this morning.. transferred remaining balance this morning and got the fully paid tick now.

Fortnightly payments start next week 😬

“Dude, where’s my car”

The registration fee is zero (normally $598.80).

However you still have to pay:
  • Establishing new registration fee: $102.20
  • Road rescue fee: $29.10
  • Road safety contribution: $2.50
  • Lifetime care and support levy: $60.40
  • Motor accident levy: $16.00
These total to $210.20

When you renew you won't have to pay the 'establishing new registration fee' so it'll be $108 on top of the CTPI.
wow Thank you so much for that information, had no idea about that at all. Probably that's why tesla doesn't reply about this thinking it's a stupid question. lol

Obligatory 'I just picked up my car and it was worth the wait' post.
Seriously though, WORTH THE WAIT.
I sincerely hope that everyone waiting is soon rewarded for their patience!
Congrats! I thought I was (one of) the longest wait but apparently you are the champion! AFAIK for last quarter's delivery the cut-off order date was 5th Feb... I can certainly feel that! Enjoy your ride!