Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I calculated my delivery appointment is only 5 days beyond the 9 month maximum delivery limit given by Tesla when we ordered. Not bad considering the hiccups caused by Covid lockdowns and Port delays
This 9 month maximum delivery limit given by Tesla… a “contractual” limit, that means the order could be canceled and the $350 order fee has to be refunded, or a “we hope to deliver your car within 9 months” which actually means “Well we’re taking a bit longer but if you cancel we still keep your $350”??

Reactions: Ray16022022
This 9 month maximum delivery limit given by Tesla… a “contractual” limit, that means the order could be canceled and the $350 order fee has to be refunded, or a “we hope to deliver your car within 9 months” which actually means “Well we’re taking a bit longer but if you cancel we still keep your $350”??
I always accepted the 9 month maximum delivery limit as their best estimate at the time. My point was, that given the difficulties faced by all car manufacturers, I thought they did pretty well.

Reactions: MozMan
I always accepted the 9 month maximum delivery limit as their best estimate at the time. My point was, that given the difficulties faced by all car manufacturers, I thought they did pretty well.
Yes you are lucky, but for many people including me ordered in Feb it was 20 weeks or 5-7 months estimate. Now it has well passed and heading to a shocking 12 months.

There is nothing contractual about it, just an estimate. There is zero recourse for being outside the time frame, and your $350 is always at risk. Just never think of your $350 again

My EDD stood at 15 - 29 Dec. Then it went into TBD after I requested for a change in the billing details on the voice. Today, I woke up to find that the EDD has been updated to Jan 21 - Feb 11. My VIN also changed on the updated VIC rego form. At this point, I have decided to either cancel the order or take the delivery and sell it immediately. Two questions:

• What is the possibility of making some profit from selling it immediately after delivery? Considering that I would have incurred some insurance costs. I ordered in March after the 3k increment. My final invoice says $65,625 (including GST). I have the cash ready in hand to take delivery.
  • Would I be able to get the 3k VIC rebate again if I put in a new order next year? I have decided to wait for the rumored project "Highlander" - I have no real urge to change my car for now.
Unfortunately, you will not make any money selling it on carsales. Just look at the lowest one listed and realise that it is still not selling at that price. Factor in all your costs and money tied up, which should be invested elsewhere and you will regret trying to make a dollar. The market is flooded with second hand teslas, all new with delivery kilometres. Tesla can’t even sell all of their stock before it arrives, which should give you a good hint as to the amount of cancellations and higher interest rates.
In summary, this is not a good idea, unless you want to waste your money and time. Easier to cancel. Ask me how I know?🙄🙄🙄

Yes you are lucky, but for many people including me ordered in Feb it was 20 weeks or 5-7 months estimate. Now it has well passed and heading to a shocking 12 months.
Totally feel you, especially the lack of comms and sliding EDDs.

I'm sure when I get the car I'll love it, but this will be the first and last tesla I buy, completely turned off the company as a whole.

Reactions: Ray16022022
Viking Passama is leaving Brisbane harbour right now!

Destination is “unknown port” !
QLD Ports still has it in port. Leaving on the 19th how I read this is it will shift around and most likely unload the 18th at fisherman island No3.
1671107794126.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Missimpatient