Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone in South Australia got their delivery date yet? Mine is January 28th- February 18th. Got my finance approved and Tesla sent me 2 texts saying that my car is nearly here but it’s not ready yet. Ordered May 2022 rwd white interior. Build date 20th Decemeber 2022
Car will still be in transit. They won't book a delivery date until it has at least landed at your port. Plug your VIN into RoRo and you may be able to track it's journey.

Anyone in South Australia got their delivery date yet? Mine is January 28th- February 18th. Got my finance approved and Tesla sent me 2 texts saying that my car is nearly here but it’s not ready yet. Ordered May 2022 rwd white interior. Build date 20th Decemeber 2022
Same EDD as you. I ordered existing inventory in December. Built one day after yours. 1 text. Through @Vedaprime, I am pretty sure about where it is at - very worthwhile.

Finally got my M3 RWD Brisbane order 9 Feb on 18th.
Delivery experience was very hands off, just walk in, tell them who you are, they point you to the car and a guy wanders over to check if you've got any questions, pairs your phone and you're good to go with about 45% charge. Really appreciate the laid back, no BS experience.
Car is well engineered. The screen is filled with options that take a while to comprehend. The online tutorials help with navigating the options. Only observation I had with the car is the average quality paint finish, not super smooth and the cheap seat material - disappointing at this price point. A minor issue that could be paint corrected if you're really ADD.
The long delivery wait appears to be over (thank God), so the ordering/delivery experience will become consistent with a mid priced car purchase.
The acceleration and general road stability are up there with BMWs, Lexus and Porsches that I've owned. As I said a really well engineered vehicle.
The wait was intolerable, the outcome exceeds expectation. You all enjoy your cars too I hope, bye.
You only got the M3 RWD, the speed compared to LR and P - your missing out!

6.6s RWD vs 4.4s LR (3.9s with performance add on) vs 3.3s P

You only got the M3 RWD, the speed compared to LR and P - your missing out!

6.6s RWD vs 4.4s LR (3.9s with performance add on) vs 3.3s P
I feel like I don’t need the acceleration or speed, the standard one is fast enough! Plus less motors means less chance of things going wrong, I plan on having my Tesla for 20+ years

Picked up our Vanilla W/B RWD Model 3 on Thursday 19th Jan after one week shy of an 11 month wait. Very very easy pick up, car had 50% charge and was sitting waiting for us nice and cool (Brisbane so was warm ish). Man sat in a paired our phones and off we went. So easy, no BS or anything. Snappy photo taken of wife and I and we drove home. Just so beautiful. Didnt notice the sun being hot thru the roof which is what i was expecting. Air con on face of driver a bit poor TBH but will fuss around with it to improve. Calibrated by the time we got home to the Sunshine Coast and Ive tried the auto steer thingy and it works fine, just not for me as i think it is a Beta version and the display on the screen loses alot of detail. Ive turned it off so will see if the detail you see of cars, pedestrians, cones etc etc comes back when i go for a drive today. Had to drive son's old Tuscon into work, omg..........
Have showed off car to a few mates who cant believe it......just so nice and yes i will say it, worth the wait. Bye all, it is worth it just too long........