Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Back when I ordered a M3 LR White/Black 18" on 29th May 2022 (and still showing 9-12 months EDD from OD) I hadn't worked out the financing. Now I have worked it out I need to change the registration type from personal to business. While I can still edit the design of my car on the Tesla website there doesn't seem to be an option to change the registration details. When I get to the next stage of the process is there an easy option to modify the registration details? I would also like to get the premium slimline number plates.

Hi everybody, finally picked up my car today in Melbourne after 11 months of waiting. Process was super quick and easy with my trade in car, there was a little buff mark on the back which they fixed super quickly.

This chat was super helpful over during the long waiting period 🙏 I hope everyones orders get fulfilled soon!

Screenshot_20230128_134213_Gallery.jpg

I notice the EDD in your signature was 9 days ago. was that your last EDD From Tesla? And did Tesla extend your zev validity a second time?
It bounced around a few times. It was sitting at Feb, then March then back to Jan. I got the text unexpectedly with 3 days notice for pick up. I had to get my trade in re-evaluated before too. They didn't end up changing their offer.

OK so I picked up yesterday at 10:30. I’ve done almost 900km in the last 24 hours getting used to everything g and familiarising myself

A few tips for those picking up soon:

- I’d seen remarks of others with boot paint issues. I’ve got a tiny bubble in mine which I’ve logged a service call for. Other than that, everything else is fine. Keep an eye out on the boot
- I’ve got a mark on the drivers seat too, that’s logged
- lots of phantom braking before doing the overnight software updates. Update before you take a long trip to test everything
- I’m still yet to fully be able to trust the auto steer
- mine had a tonne of fresh tyre black on it and after about 50km you could see the spray. I’m getting the mudflaps and would recommend them

I picked up the car this afternoon at Alexandria. License plate EVQ-xxx and most others that I can see have that series too.

No issues that I can pick up immediately, other than leftover glue marks on certain parts of the bumper, which I'm sure will come off with some elbow grease.

Comes with mat, charger, and Michelin Pilot Sport 4 which I am glad for, because I thought Tesla had switched to Hankook (I guess only for the Model Y). New car (mainly from the leather?) smell still prevalent.

I'm signing off this thread for good now. Thank you to everyone for keeping me company, especially those that *wink wink* drip drip hints of information *wink wink* from other sources.

Good luck to those who are still waiting!

Picked up my M3 RWD from Chatswood a couple weeks ago. It was a smooth and quick process. My SA was MIA (as he was for a lot of the process 😅) but the SA who took me through the car was ok. A bit pushy to get me out of the lot but he relaxed after a few questions about the quality of the car.

The car was quality good. Had everything in it that you’d expect included. It has a very slight panel gap on the right rear light. Not sure whether to have this corrected or not, or whether the gap is in an acceptable range. Don’t want to correct this if it’s just going to create an issue elsewhere on the car.

Haven’t done many KMs as had it in the shop for tinting and ceramic coating. But it’s been great to drive in! The still getting used to the single pedal driving though 😅

Anyway, now to switch my energy to stopping these birds from using my car as their luxury toilet when parked outside…

Thanks everybody for everything!

Turandot dock entry pushed to 30/1. That will make it 10 days waiting outside Melbourne waters. Ridiculous.
Hopefully it really will dock tomorrow! Just checked MarineTraffic and I counted 12 (!!) vehicle carriers floating outside the bay waiting to get in, some of them have been waiting for over 2 weeks. And they aren't anchored, they're burning fuel just pointlessly zig-zagging along the great ocean road.

Hopefully it really will dock tomorrow! Just checked MarineTraffic and I counted 12 (!!) vehicle carriers floating outside the bay waiting to get in, some of them have been waiting for over 2 weeks. And they aren't anchored, they're burning fuel just pointlessly zig-zagging along the great ocean road.
Morning Crystal which was 3 days ahead of Turandot still hasn't docked yet and scheduled for tomorrow. Turandot has been further pushed back on arrival schedule currently not until 2/2.

Reactions: Urbs
So, I was down at Bunning Alexandria today, (it's only 15 Mins down the road for me, and it's a huge Bunnings!) and well, I thought I'd might as well have a look at where I have to go to pickup on Tuesday. So what's the bet mine (or yours) is in this pile? or is there a lot more behind the roller doors.

I think mine is behind the roller doors, as I received a text the other day saying it was at 53% charge and would be topped up before pickup, these were still dirty/dusty and as you can see waiting to be plated.

IMG-3986 (1).JPG

Last edited:
So, I was down at Bunning Alexandria today, (it's only 15 Mins down the road for me, and it's a huge Bunnings!) and well, I thought I'd might as well have a look at where I have to go to pickup on Tuesday. So what's the bet mine (or yours) is in this pile? or is there a lot more behind the roller doors.

I think mine is behind the roller doors, as I received a text the other day saying it was at 53% charge and would be topped up before pickup, these were still dirty/dusty and as you can see waiting to be plated.

View attachment 900923

Kinda making me regret going white now lol.

View attachment 900923
They're doing a lot of detailing on them, so be wary of polish residue and dust and general cleanliness. The bottom of my car was quite dirty, like they didnt't clean all the way down.