Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Back when I ordered a M3 LR White/Black 18" on 29th May 2022 (and still showing 9-12 months EDD from OD) I hadn't worked out the financing. Now I have worked it out I need to change the registration type from personal to business. While I can still edit the design of my car on the Tesla website there doesn't seem to be an option to change the registration details. When I get to the next stage of the process is there an easy option to modify the registration details? I would also like to get the premium slimline number plates.
That's an easy one. You have to sign the physical registration form and this is made available on the portal. Just change it on the form.

Back when I ordered a M3 LR White/Black 18" on 29th May 2022 (and still showing 9-12 months EDD from OD) I hadn't worked out the financing. Now I have worked it out I need to change the registration type from personal to business. While I can still edit the design of my car on the Tesla website there doesn't seem to be an option to change the registration details. When I get to the next stage of the process is there an easy option to modify the registration details? I would also like to get the premium slimline number plates.
Well that's an easy one. You download the registration form to sign it. Just change it and note in the email back to Tesla that you have.

First post here, have a M3LR in Blue on order through work (not a novated lease, a Salary Sacrifice scheme we have at work). Current ETA is showing as 10/4, but I suspect that’s a pretty arbitrary number put into the system at work based on the Feb-May estimate on the Tesla website.
Currently have a BMW M135i XDrive, so will miss the exhaust note of that, but the FBT changes made the M3 more than a bit compelling!

Anyone who has gone the Novated Lease route, what quote did you settle for? Mine is;
  1. $955 per month repayments (deduction from salary)
  2. 5 years lease
  3. $19,307 Residual (incl GST)
Annual expenses -
  1. $14,217 Lease Payments (excl GST)
  2. $300 Maintenance (I find this a bit fishy)
  3. $1,169 Rego
  4. $2,800 Insurance (seems a bit too high)
  5. $0 FBT (exemption)

Reactions: RodDavies
Morning Crystal which was 3 days ahead of Turandot still hasn't docked yet and scheduled for tomorrow. Turandot has been further pushed back on arrival schedule currently not until 2/2.
morning crystal bumped to 2/2 now (and will be further bumped based on history)...at this rate, the ships will start returning back to where they come from or skip Melbourne port rather than spending 3-4 weeks outside AU ports 🤣. some shipping companies have also started charging surcharge for delays.

Reactions: Urbs
Anyone who has gone the Novated Lease route, what quote did you settle for? Mine is;
  2. 5 years lease
Annual expenses -
  3. $1,169 Rego
  5. $0 FBT (exemption)
Im currently in the process for the novated lease setup for the imminent arrival for my Model 3 LR.
My expenses are done in monthly numbers:
Servicing and maintenance: $30.67 ($386.04 annually)
Tyres $28 ($336 annually)
Rego/CTP: $56.67 ($680.04 annually)
Insurance: $133.17 ($1598.04 annually)

I spoke to them about the servicing and tyres cost as I suspect I would need more for tyres but less for servicing. they said anything that does not get used will be either refunded at the end of lease or can be used for any other car costs as if tyres cost more and servicing has not been used, that fund can be used for either.
overall the numbers looked reasonable as with my current Model 3 I had to change tyres after 2.5 years so I will most likely want to change them again on the new car also around the end of 5 year term using up the funds from servicing savings.
your rego and insurance will depend on location and insurer, however the maintenance cost will most likely go under tire replacements.

Reactions: MaskaChaska
Annual expenses -
  3. $1,169 Rego
  5. $0 FBT (exemption)
The money for maintenance, insurance etc is an allocation not a charge. If you overspend it they'll have to get you to up your lease payments to allocate more, and if you underspend it it'll get refunded (minus tax, of course!).

The major recurring expense after insurance and rego is tyres, you'll want to ensure you've got enough put aside for that.

2. 5 years lease
Annual expenses -
  3. $1,169 Rego
  5. $0 FBT (exemption)
Interesting to compare. I'm getting a M3 Long Range.

I originally went down the novated lease route, but then my company let me do it a different way where they take out a loan for the vehicle and give me a debit card to pay for expenses and this comes out of my pay. This has to be done with the same conditions as a lease to make it bona fide. i.e. 28.13% balloon/residual value after 5 years. The advantage of this is my company just gets a loan from the bank, and we avoid dealing with the lease company. This works out:
Deposit $15,000
Loan value $66,675
Residual 28.13% of vehicle value = $22,975
Monthly repayment $980
I've had a few insurance quotes around the $2400 mark, but Budget Direct should give me something closer to $1200 so that will add $100 per month.
Seems like I'm not really saving anything vs a lease though.

Picked up today in Chatswood. Couldn’t be happier.

In reflection, the only complaint I do have would be the wild inaccuracies of the app. It’s a double-edged sword.

Sure, “no other car company updates you like Tesla does”, but the level of detail the customer gets is way too much.
It leads to over-sharing, over-promising & under-delivering.

My original eta was 9 to 12 months.
But then I was told to “Prepare for delivery” & “now is the time to ensure financing & insurance is in order” via email & sms, in early December. Which I promptly did, because I was told to expect a car.

At this point, the ship that my car was on wasn’t even in Australian waters yet.

Had I heard nothing at all until last week, then I would have been more than happy with the entire process. Especially receiving the car a month sooner than originally estimated.

In my opinion, the app should not provide a date range until the car is physically on the ground in the country.
Obsessing over dates, pushbacks & delays really does your head in, & at the end of the day it doesn’t help Tesla or the customer.

The car is amazing, the customer service (in person & on phone calls) was great, the process (ordering at the start & picking up at the end) was smooth & simple.

Lose the app dates to do away with all the unnecessary customer frustration, & you’d be onto a winner.

Thanks everyone, I’m out.
I hope your wait is short & your cars as incredible as mine.
I’ll update the spreadsheet this week.

Hi,
It's my first post here so please be gentle :D

I ordered a M3 LR on 10 Jan so I'm trying to be patient. I've seen some seriously long wait times for this model and I'm really hopeful everyone will get their cars soon!
My EDD is still Feb to May 23 but I'm thinking that may slide to the right a little with the shipping delays mentioned above. No VIN for me at this stage either. I did manage to grab a UMC in the brief window they were available again so in the event I don't get a Q1 delivery, I'll at least be able to charge at home.

I look forward to keeping an eye on the forums and doing some learning before the car arrives.

Kind regards,
Ballhair

Picked up my RWD from Osborne Park today. Quite a few people there at the same time, plus I turned up a little late. Waited about 10 minutes to be served. The guy at the desk instructed me to accept car for delivery in my account (mobile coverage was poor so was slow going). Once done they showed me to my car which was charging. Sort of did a checklist check from memory (walk around, looked for panel gaps, paint, window damage, etc). Checked all electrics, seat belts, windows, doors, lights, boot, frunk, etc. All good. Only issue I had was setting up my phone with Bluetooth. Car would not show up on my phone. We rebooted the car and then it worked. Drove out happy. UMC, matrix lights, sensors, floormats and all the other stuff some were worried about was included.

Happy days. Now I no longer need BP......except for my lawn mower.

Good luck to all those waiting. Ordered 30 Octr 22, EDD Feb to May 23, delivered 31 Jan 23

Picked up my RWD from Osborne Park today. Quite a few people there at the same time, plus I turned up a little late. Waited about 10 minutes to be served. The guy at the desk instructed me to accept car for delivery in my account (mobile coverage was poor so was slow going). Once done they showed me to my car which was charging. Sort of did a checklist check from memory (walk around, looked for panel gaps, paint, window damage, etc). Checked all electrics, seat belts, windows, doors, lights, boot, frunk, etc. All good. Only issue I had was setting up my phone with Bluetooth. Car would not show up on my phone. We rebooted the car and then it worked. Drove out happy. UMC, matrix lights, sensors, floormats and all the other stuff some were worried about was included.

Happy days. Now I no longer need BP......except for my lawn mower.

Good luck to all those waiting. Ordered 30 Octr 22, EDD Feb to May 23, delivered 31 Jan 23
Good post - something about it makes me get excited!

How many would you estimate they were getting out the door? 10 cars an hour?

Also do you happen to know when your car arrived at Fremantle Port? Mine's supposed to be unloaded tomorrow at Fremantle.

Reactions: Erasmuz
Good post - something about it makes me get excited!

How many would you estimate they were getting out the door? 10 cars an hour?

Also do you happen to know when your car arrived at Fremantle Port? Mine's supposed to be unloaded tomorrow at Fremantle.
Day after by the look of it

1675147048744.png

Reactions: Erasmuz