Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It makes sense to us, obviously not to Tesla. I personally won't use it but it's still shitty to see other markets get it and we don't.

Purely speculating but it might be down to our child seat laws
AU model 3s have upper tether points that aren't present afaik in US and Euro cars.

So possibly if you have a shelf you might need tethers which probably isn't practical for a non-permanent design.

• Helpful
Reactions: Blaq
AU model 3s have upper tether points that aren't present afaik in US and Euro cars.

So possibly if you have a shelf you might need tethers which probably isn't practical for a non-permanent design.
I am pretty sure it's something to do with laws here to retain safety rating, i don't think it saves any money since they need to configure car different

Vehicles like that with removable parcel shelves that I've seen have tended to have the tether anchors in the floor of the boot, and you're supposed to remove the parcel shelf to use them.

Reactions: Roat
yeh but no luck :/ . really hoping its just not a glitch at their end , These are automated workflows usually so one triggers the other . Want to rejoice but can't ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I have an EDD of Aug 18-Sep 1 and didn't get a VIN until I clicked through and confirmed what payment option I'd be doing. I had left that step incomplete while I was sorting out what I was going to do re finance etc.

People finally getting cars, Victorians/South Australians currently in the dark :(

I reckon these cars are in Melbourne, doesn't make sense that QLD/NSW/ACT get trucks but VIC didnt

WA doesn't have any either. Think of it this way, more states have no cars than states that do. NSW was always going to be first as closest, QLD I think is taking delivery bookings but no one has their car yet, I don't think general population in ACT has cars yet but have made booking. Your turn will come.

Vehicles like that with removable parcel shelves that I've seen have tended to have the tether anchors in the floor of the boot, and you're supposed to remove the parcel shelf to use them.
Our Lexus RX has the tether points on the back of the seats. There’s no parcel shelf but it’s a retractable blind for the boot in the same place. The blind stops about 5-10 com away from the back seat so there’s enough gap to get the top tether straps down to the anchor points.

I suspect it’s something to do with the parcel shelf not being fixed in place for the ADRs. It’ll fly up and forwards in a sudden stop. Whereas a retractable blind will stay in place. Pure speculation since I’ve never seen a parcel shelf in this or any other car.

Reactions: Blaq
Our Lexus RX has the tether points on the back of the seats. There’s no parcel shelf but it’s a retractable blind for the boot in the same place. The blind stops about 5-10 com away from the back seat so there’s enough gap to get the top tether straps down to the anchor points.

I suspect it’s something to do with the parcel shelf not being fixed in place for the ADRs. It’ll fly up and forwards in a sudden stop. Whereas a retractable blind will stay in place. Pure speculation since I’ve never seen a parcel shelf in this or any other car.
You raise a good point. All the other parcel shelves I've seen are fixed in place and the Model Y one just sits there flopping about. 🤔

Wuwa latest video shows glovis have docked.

Euro market?