Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot for HW2 rolling out to all HW2 cars today!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On my two brief drives this AM, I didn't get the "Driver Assistance System not available" warning. I usually get it every time I get into the car. Sometimes it goes away after a few seconds, and sometimes it doesn't. I will see if the errors come back, but hopefully that bug fix is one of the features of this new release...
I've gotten this error a few times then found Autopilot still worked fine later in the drive.

Reactions: Sather
My MX P100D is on its way. I'm really not sure what to do? I owned a MS P85D and totaled it. I really like the ap1 and it's so hard to not have it anymore. Now with my MX on the way and $160,000 later it will have less thank my MS. I'm thinking about not taking delivery of the car until Tesla is closer on the AP2. Thoughts?

Attachments

• IMG_4341.JPG
    IMG_4341.JPG
    829.9 KB · Views: 102
On my two brief drives this AM, I didn't get the "Driver Assistance System not available" warning. I usually get it every time I get into the car. Sometimes it goes away after a few seconds, and sometimes it doesn't. I will see if the errors come back, but hopefully that bug fix is one of the features of this new release...

As mentioned before, I would get this message not only at the start of my drive, but it would cut out almost every time during my drive. This update seems to have resolved the issue for me (fingers crossed)!

Reactions: NicB72
My MX P100D is on its way. I'm really not sure what to do? I owned a MS P85D and totaled it. I really like the ap1 and it's so hard to not have it anymore. Now with my MX on the way and $160,000 later it will have less thank my MS. I'm thinking about not taking delivery of the car until Tesla is closer on the AP2. Thoughts?

My dad replaced his P85D with a new P100D. He is so mad about the AP2 not functioning at the same level of the AP1. He said he would have kept his P85D until they sorted out the AP2.

BTW - it looks great in white with white seats and carbon fiber.

I had a tough decision between an inventory AP1 car (brand new) with 10% discount vs. AP2. I ended up going up with AP2. Now I think I should have gone with AP1, but I am pretty sure 6 months from now I will be glad I got the AP2. Meanwhile I am having fun driving the car and trying out whatever AP2 features come out.

You are getting P100D - you should just drive that car and have fun till AP2 matures.

As mentioned before, I would get this message not only at the start of my drive, but it would cut out almost every time during my drive. This update seems to have resolved the issue for me (fingers crossed)!

I had the 'unavailable' error this morning, and it persisted the whole way to work. Tried all the resets and power cycles, to no avail. I drive 400 miles under TACC on Saturday (on previous version of FW) and upgraded yesterday.

I have a weird error that happens every single time I leave my office. My building is a large skyscraper, so exiting the building involves driving up and down a massive concrete parking deck for about 5 - 10 minutes depending on where you parked. When I first start the car, it seems that everything is working ok as other cars in the deck in front of me show up on the display, etc. However, by the time I exit the deck and turn onto the surface streets no cars are showing up on the display. If I try and engage TACC I get an error that says "front radar visibility limited" and it won't engage. I end up having to drive about 3 or 4 miles and then eventually cars will start showing up on the display again and only then am I able to engage TACC or Autosteer.

My dad replaced his P85D with a new P100D. He is so mad about the AP2 not functioning at the same level of the AP1. He said he would have kept his P85D until they sorted out the AP2.

BTW - it looks great in white with white seats and carbon fiber.
I can understand how this would be annoying, but I have a hard time feeling sorry for your dad;)

I have a weird error that happens every single time I leave my office. My building is a large skyscraper, so exiting the building involves driving up and down a massive concrete parking deck for about 5 - 10 minutes depending on where you parked. When I first start the car, it seems that everything is working ok as other cars in the deck in front of me show up on the display, etc. However, by the time I exit the deck and turn onto the surface streets no cars are showing up on the display. If I try and engage TACC I get an error that says "front radar visibility limited" and it won't engage. I end up having to drive about 3 or 4 miles and then eventually cars will start showing up on the display again and only then am I able to engage TACC or Autosteer.
I wonder if the steep descent throws of radar and it takes a few miles on flat streets for it to feel good about using again. At any rate, I would contact Tesla and get an explain Atkin from them. FYI, I have never seen that message not I have I seen anyone post on forum.

Reactions: MP3Mike
It sounds like you don't have a Tesla to drive right now. Yes, a new one won't have the capabilities of the old AP1 but from this thread and others, it seems more driven miles are needed to help the AI neural network 1) learn to create more code, 2) update for the benefit of the fleet. No miles driven while the X sits in a lot. And, how will you know when AP2 catches up to AP1 without driving it? And, anyway, you will be driving a Tesla again when you get it. Of course, you'll have to relearn AP2 with it.

I tried something new yesterday when I left the office. As soon as I exited the parking deck I stopped the car and shut it off using the control panel. Then restarted it and TACC / Autosteer worked just fine.

Elon says AP1 parity next month. We'll see...

No he didn't. He said auto dimming headlights, auto park, summon, and autosteer off highways should be out next month. That may not include TACC up to 90 MPH, autosteer to 90 MPH, or autosteer off the highway at any reasonable speed. Other differences between AP1 and HW2 could also exist even if he does deliver in the next 50 days.

Reactions: MP3Mike
I might be the only person who is actually ok with TACC an Autosteer!

Then again,
My last car had dumb cruise only
Over half of my commute on the highway time-wise is at <45 mph. (Heck, less than 10-25 mph)
I like driving the other half when we can go highway speeds.

The new iteration clearly is better.
It doesn't slam on accelerator or brakes as much
It handles merging traffic better
It ping pings less
It handles exits better if someone is in front of you (not great but far better)

I'm hoping it'll learn to use regen braking more, and am expecting it to learn about better stop/go control

But I haven't had a "scary" moment since last update.

I've found my commute to be 100% better using AP2.0

And it'll only get better