Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot Press Kit published, then pulled

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't know if the new rendering is just "avoiding double clock" or showing that the bottom row clock is gone generally. I tend to think the latter, because the temperature is missing from the bottom row as well in the new image.
Here's a thought... Maybe when you select the clock widget it removes them from the bottom bar, but when you're not using the clock widget it shows the values in the bottom bar?
That's kind of what I said. ;)

I think when the clock is up it just removes the redundant items from the bottom. Don't worry yet...
But I want all of the clocks. ALL OF THEM!

More seriously, I do not care at all about the clocks. The car could be completely clock-less and I'd not notice. I'm just worried what v7 means for the speedometer/power gauge when not in Autopilot (or on non-Autopilot cars).

EDIT: It wouldn't surprise me if Elon or someone at Tesla has been following the huge uproar over the clock and temp readings that they are intentionally messing with us just for their own amusement... :)
My current theory is that the before screenshot is post 7 (someone messed up) and the after screenshot is from 7. If correct, this implies they've addressed the problem (restored the clock and temp on the "status bar") in 7.1 already.

I'd like the date back as well, but I suspect I won't get it.

I'm a little worried that they chose to put the clock in the lead picture for Autopilot.

That means someone at Tesla fairly high up really likes that god awful, ugly clock. Enough to pull the better look image and highlight it in the press release. :crying:

My current theory is that the before screenshot is post 7 (someone messed up) and the after screenshot is from 7. If correct, this implies they've addressed the problem (restored the clock and temp on the "status bar") in 7.1 already.

I'd like the date back as well, but I suspect I won't get it.

This makes a lot of sense - Elon mentioned 'more' UI changes in 7.1. Hopefully some love for us non-AP vehicles, better Nav etc. as well

It is not clear to me that older cars will even get 7.0 as it doesn't seem to offer anything other than the style changes, and we already know 7.1 will do more of that. So I am not holding my breath tonight

I like your theory better than my depressing thoughts on them liking the clock. ;)

Hopefully v7.01 has the change, because v7.1 include garage self parking, so it may be a while off.

The first picture was changed.

Old
Autopilot and v7 coming this Thursday! (15-10-15) - Page 32
View attachment 97814

New
Model S Autopilot Press Kit | Tesla Motors
View attachment 97815

I don't know if the new rendering is just "avoiding double clock" or showing that the bottom row clock is gone generally. I tend to think the latter, because the temperature is missing from the bottom row as well in the new image.

Random observation: Who sets CC at 54 in a 60 zone? ;)
The temperature is inside the analog clock. I think when you select the analog clock, the duplicate digital info is removed, as shown on the bottom picture.

I think the left and right panels are configurable. Analog clock, power meter, media, trip meter, etc. all in the current 7.0 release.

Last edited: