Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot trains drivers to forget to steer . . .

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Very true. 10 and 2 is long gone from drivers ed. These days it's taught either 3 and 9 or 4 and 8. Igniting diffusers have also been known to cause severe hand injuries..

I had heard that years ago, but I'm stuck in the habit of 5:30 and 6:30 when mindlessly driving on the straight Arizona highways and then switching to 3/9 for more involved driving, with the occasional 11/1 position for the fun stuff, which usually results in one hand TDC. :D

• Funny
Reactions: Icer
I was about to post the same comment....So, thanks for pointing this out.
I usually keep my mouth shut about it, because people are often fairly set in how they drive, but a topic about finding new habits to prevent control confusion seems as good a place as any. I’ve known a few people who’ve had multiple surgeries to correct injuries from airbags. There’s no question that airbags make vehicles safer, but anything between the airbag and your torso/head becomes a projectile in the event of deployment. Thumbs extended over the airbag instead of curled around the wheel always makes me cringe and an arm over the airbag is even worse.

Don’t even get me started on passengers reclining and putting their feet up.