Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got a call Tuesday we could get delivery next week, but we are on a road trip in the X until the week after. They wouldn't hold it for us, so someone else get it. He said it might take three weeks for the next chance at delivery. If this is your config in Phoenix area, you can thank us later.

The call was a bit confusing. The total price was way low, and the car was described as black interior. He seemed to correct that at the end, so maybe he skipped a page somehow. Still not sure we wouldn't have seen a black interior at delivery.

Reserved 3-31-16 (just after reveal)
Ordered 7-23-18 (first day white interior was offered on AWD non-P) (Sep - Nov delivery time frame)
Red
White Interior
AWD (non-P)
18 Aero
EAP
Phoenix

I'm speaking more per-state. Like, for DC to go from 100% fulfilled to 50% fulfilled, that's 1 car :). I don't think it's reasonable to compare states to each other with the numbers so low. Eventually, though...

It's still useful either way!

Oh I agree. I highlighted States with 10+ orders in the post. The more minute the breakdown, the less predictable the result. Agree.

No it says "dual motor". People are just mixing their terminology up. The non-P versions are missing the red underline. Personally I think the badge is a gimmicky way of saying "I spent more money to get a faster car"... I was kind of happy with Tesla's initial decision to ditch the badging on the 3 completely.

Tesla-Dual-Motor-badge1.jpg

Don't disagree. But I find it interesting the badge is "DUAL MOTOR", not ALL WHEEL DRIVE. So that's already a conversation starter. I mean, what ICE has two motors? NONE! (No, I don't think hybrids count as having a 2nd propulsion motor.) Friend / family / bystander:"Oh, it's electric, eh?" Less about the brand, and more about the paradigm shift.
:)

Reactions: EnrgyNDpndnce
Got a call Tuesday we could get delivery next week, but we are on a road trip in the X until the week after. They wouldn't hold it for us, so someone else get it. He said it might take three weeks for the next chance at delivery. If this is your config in Phoenix area, you can thank us later.

The call was a bit confusing. The total price was way low, and the car was described as black interior. He seemed to correct that at the end, so maybe he skipped a page somehow. Still not sure we wouldn't have seen a black interior at delivery.

Reserved 3-31-16 (just after reveal)
Ordered 7-23-18 (first day white interior was offered on AWD non-P) (Sep - Nov delivery time frame)
Red
White Interior
AWD (non-P)
18 Aero
EAP
Phoenix
They are so opaque and haven't updated my web page with the white change order. I'm being hyper-vigilant with them to make sure I don' drive up to Fremont for a car with black interior.

Don't disagree. But I find it interesting the badge is "DUAL MOTOR", not ALL WHEEL DRIVE. So that's already a conversation starter. I mean, what ICE has two motors? NONE! (No, I don't think hybrids count as having a 2nd propulsion motor.) Friend / family / bystander:"Oh, it's electric, eh?" Less about the brand, and more about the paradigm shift.
:)

Dual motor is a super-set that includes AWD. AWD is a subset of dual motor. Arguably dual motor is superior although some argue that two motors is an extra point of failure.

Definitely for responsiveness, dual motor electric should be superior to everything other than perhaps a high end limited slip differential system in an AWD system like Audi's Quattro.

Reactions: jkirkwood001
I just did this. They send a link to your phone; you take pictures from front quarter, rear quarter, full side, and full width dash interior. Also picture of registration. Takes a day and ISA got back to me with quote, which was fair. However I found a buyer so will not need to trade in.
Well, depending on state tax law, the trade-in is subtracted from list price before tax is assessed. So a trade-in of $n results in savings greater than $n.

I just did this. They send a link to your phone; you take pictures from front quarter, rear quarter, full side, and full width dash interior. Also picture of registration. Takes a day and ISA got back to me with quote, which was fair. However I found a buyer so will not need to trade in.
Does that preclude taking pictures in advance? In other words, does the app immediately place said pictures up on a Tesla provided page or do you submit them there? I ask because I just had my trade in washed and waxed and, as would be expected it rained, so I'd hate to have to wash the car again in a week. I expect that would be the next step in my transitioning. OK, so that's a question, where in the process do they ask for pics?

Just as another data point. Excited to say I have a delivery scheduled for tomorrow. Crossing my fingers that there are no issues/delays:

Reserved 4-3-16
Ordered 6-27-18
Edit button disappeared 8-4-18 (I think)
Multi-Coat Red
Black Interior
LR AWD (non-P)
19” Sport Wheels
EAP
Pickup Location: Cherry Hill

My AWD delivery was rescheduled today. Got a call about 2 hours before my delivery appointment informing me that the car hadn’t arrived yet. Reason given was “unexpected shipping delays”. I’m rescheduled for next Thursday.

I understand that ‘stuff happens’ but it’s a little dissapponting to get such short notice. They were very apologitic (as they should be), but its still sucks after scrambling to arrange finances, paperwork, work time off, and prepping my trade-in only to find out the car isn’t even there yet. If it takes a day or two to prep and inspect, they knew about this at a day or two ago... Grrr

Configured 8/10 -> Emailed 8/21 -> Scheduled Delivery 8/27

AWD, MSM, Black, Aero, EAP

Reservation 4/1/2016
MSM/Black/Aero/DM/EAP
Configured 6/26/2018
Changed build 07/11/18 to change vehicle color to MBM.

Finally broke down and called Tesla for the first time ever today.

"I'm sorry it's taking so long.... looking at your reservation I can see you've done everything you need to do and now you are just queued up in line and will stay queued up until they produce enough of your configuration that you are assigned a VIN.... that could be anywhere from a few weeks to a few months from now".