Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally happening. Edit button disappeared yesterday AM. Email from ISA this AM, delivery scheduled and VIN received this afternoon via phone call.

Line waiter - 3/31/16 reservation
Owner
6/28 order
AWD(non-p)/MSM/19"/Black/FSD - delivery to Tempe, AZ. VIN *690xx

Good to hear some news out of AZ. I stood in line at fashion square too on 3/16 (about 100 people in) and ordered on 6/27. No word yet except for a call for a test drive...

Edit button has been gone for weeks.

Totally agree that being nice to service people is the way to go.

My only issue with my Inside Delivery Assistant is that they haven't contacted me yet. :)
And they are aware that's an issue. More people are getting cars delivered than they have staffed for by way of inside delivery agents. Consequently, they are incredibly swamped, to the point of quiting. The same can be said of help line agents. They haven't staffed for so many people calling for "Where's my fricken car". A couple of weeks ago I spoke to an extremely pleasant person, I was as well, who's day job is tech support. When your car breaks down or something stopped working you talk to them...they had a 30 min wait. Imagine if you're on the side of the road broken down and you have to wait behind a line of people screaming "where's my car". They realize this is a bubble they are dealing with. So, people, have some empathy. Imagine your job was taking these phone calls.

Reactions: EnrgyNDpndnce
Good to hear some news out of AZ. I stood in line at fashion square too on 3/16 (about 100 people in) and ordered on 6/27. No word yet except for a call for a test drive...

Edit button has been gone for weeks.

Totally agree that being nice to service people is the way to go.
For sure. You are right on the cusp of contact and delivery day scheduling. Only thing you are waiting for now is them to make batch of your type of car.

And they are aware that's an issue. More people are getting cars delivered than they have staffed for by way of inside delivery agents. Consequently, they are incredibly swamped, to the point of quiting. The same can be said of help line agents. They haven't staffed for so many people calling for "Where's my fricken car". A couple of weeks ago I spoke to an extremely pleasant person, I was as well, who's day job is tech support. When your car breaks down or something stopped working you talk to them...they had a 30 min wait. Imagine if you're on the side of the road broken down and you have to wait behind a line of people screaming "where's my car". They realize this is a bubble they are dealing with. So, people, have some empathy. Imagine your job was taking these phone calls.

I agree 100%. They have a tough job and my goal in my interactions is to make their job as easy as possible while getting whatever I need done. I'm a strong believer in the approach you and azax456 highlight. It is a good approach in general, but even more so given how slammed everyone at Tesla (and how little they are letting that impact the way they engage with us in every interaction).

Reactions: wcorey
Yeah, it should be common sense to be nice to the obviously overwhelmed and overworked Tesla people. But it can't hurt to keep folks aware of it, as the rollout has been difficult to watch..
I don't even want to know what it's like to be working on those assembly lines!

Got the dreaded call last night at 7pm that my 10am delivery was being postponed a week. My car wasn't at my delivery center yet even though my delivery date had been set for two weeks. They knew this on Friday but no one updated me until Monday evening. Obviously frustrating and a little upsetting.

Reservation: 4/3/2016
Configured: 7/7/2018
Non-owner
White AWD, Non-P, black premium interior, aeros, EAP, FSD
Maryland
Edit button removed: 8/11/2018
Changed to cash payment and all green: 8/12/2018
VIN:
Delivery:

I'm thinking I might call today to see if they can give me any update on a VIN.

I got pre-approved on 8/12/2018 for 1.49% for 60 months through FedChoice FCU (federal employees and contractors in the Washington, DC area) but plan to do LightStream to save another .1%.

*Update*

I called because I originally said no trade but now I'm considering trading in my BMW (lease return scheduled for December, but the numbers look like I would save a whole bunch of sales tax and qualify for an extra $3,000 rebate from MD if I trade - depends on the trade-in offer of course). I wanted to make sure I was still able to add a trade with with where I am in the process.

The rep on the phone was extremely nice and informed me I have a VIN assigned and the vehicle is "ready for transport to the compound" which means through production and on to quality checks...

He also said I have an IDA assigned and gave me his name and should expect a call in "days".

I made sure to thank him profusely. :)

Finally happening. Edit button disappeared yesterday AM. Email from ISA this AM, delivery scheduled and VIN received this afternoon via phone call.
For those who had an edit button, where exactly was it? I don't believe I have had an edit button at all, after ordering on August 5th. I only see "view build details"...but no place to edit. Note, I am not trying to edit my build, but am trying to understand the relationship between the edit button removal and a delivery date, if any. Thanks.

Got the dreaded call last night at 7pm that my 10am delivery was being postponed a week. My car wasn't at my delivery center yet even though my delivery date had been set for two weeks. They knew this on Friday but no one updated me until Monday evening. Obviously frustrating and a little upsetting.
Yet that will all evaporate once you sit in your new drivers seat!

• Love
Reactions: Ron Kerensky
They moved my delivery date up to tomorrow, you guys got me afraid to call to see if the car is okay this evening before doing a 2.5 hour trip (one way) with the kids and wife...

*Update*

I called because I originally said no trade but now I'm considering trading in my BMW (lease return scheduled for December, but the numbers look like I would save a whole bunch of sales tax and qualify for an extra $3,000 rebate from MD if I trade - depends on the trade-in offer of course). I wanted to make sure I was still able to add a trade with with where I am in the process.

The rep on the phone was extremely nice and informed me I have a VIN assigned and the vehicle is "ready for transport to the compound" which means through production and on to quality checks...

He also said I have an IDA assigned and gave me his name and should expect a call in "days".

I made sure to thank him profusely. :)
I wouldn't touch your order, not sure you can. A lease? Don't you have to return the car to the leasor? I mean it's not your car, right?

For those who had an edit button, where exactly was it? I don't believe I have had an edit button at all, after ordering on August 5th. I only see "view build details"...but no place to edit. Note, I am not trying to edit my build, but am trying to understand the relationship between the edit button removal and a delivery date, if any. Thanks.

upload_2018-8-14_7-34-48.png

My M3DLR:

VIN: 5YJ3E1EB6JF063xxx
Dual Motor, LR, Premium Interior Black, Deep Blue Metallic, Sport Wheels,
Delivery to Littleton Colorado
  • Scheduled for delivery on: 8/21/18
  • "Ready for Delivery" email: 8/14/18
  • Configured/ordered: 6/29/18
  • Reservation: 4/1/16
  • Non-previous owner

Thanks for the valuable intel. Here are the only differences between your configuration and mine:
  • I ordered the standard wheels.

And the differences in ordering:
  • I stood in line and reserved before reveal
  • I configured/ordered three days earlier, on June 26
  • My delivery is at the Fremont factory

And of course I've heard nothing about my car since I ordered and confirmed a month and a half ago. So today it appears I can blame the Aero wheels? I have to admit that there was a day when I thought it would count for something to stand in line to reserve, order immediately when AWD was available, and take delivery from the factory. I was clearly mistaken.