Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The phone number is apparently a Verizon cell phone.

The legitimacy of this is now going into the red.
Unfortunately, Tesla's idiotic policy is to run their mobile service departments off of personal cell phones (I found this out while yelling at them about their awful communications some time last year), so this doesn't prove that it's not legitimate.

(Tesla management leaves a *lot* to be desired)

• Informative
Reactions: S5S5G6
I was scheduled for delivery this Saturday. VIN is there so have been keeping fingers crossed. I figured someone from Tesla might be contracting me so I started answering random calls today. After one pitching solar from Murrietta CA, I got a call from Fremont! It was my DA Kent, verifies all my details, said my car was arriving today and I could pick up early, but I wanted to actually delay until Sunday. He set me up and said ACH available 24 hrs prior. Seemed very on the ball, and was very pleasant. Keeping fingers crossed, I think it may happen. I have to say it’s gone better than expected so far....I think I’m getting mine as I’m only 100 miles from Fremont. Verified our conversation with follow up email within the hour.

I was originally scheduled for 10/5 at Rocklin but on Monday 9/24 I got a text saying I could get it as early as this Friday 9/28. I agreed and so far everything has come through.. VIN, MVPA, payment screen... Now the weird part.. I just got an email at 11pm asking If I would like to do home delivery instead:

Your new Tesla is now ready for delivery! We can drive it to your home, office or any location you would like at any time, day or night. We really do mean any location at any time; for example, an airport, birthday party, sporting event, shopping mall, park or even the beach.​

Please let us know when and where you would like us to deliver your car. If you are unable to take delivery of your car in the next few days, that’s no problem. We would be happy to reallocate this VIN to a different customer and manufacture another car for you at a later date. Unfortunately, due to high production volume and limited parking, we cannot store cars for longer than three days.​

As a reminder, Tesla financing is so simple and fast that it can done during the car delivery process itself. It comes with a best rate guarantee that is valid for seven days after you receive your car. If you obtain a better interest rate from another institution within seven days, Tesla will credit you the difference.​

We are also happy to pick up and take your trade-in vehicle when we deliver your Tesla, or at another time.​

Thank you,​

• Informative
  • Love
Reactions: webdbbt and neroden
Got the same text at 11:44pm et. Replied back but haven’t heard anything yet so not getting my hopes up. Reserved 9/2017 and ordered 6/28/2018.

Haven’t heard anything since ordering but I did reach out to Tesla on Monday for an update and the rep told me something should happen this week. I figured he was just trying to get me off the phone.

Loan application just opened on my account. No emails or text from Tesla. Just logging in 4+ times a day as usual. Still no VIN and have Edit button.

On my 1st Model 3, they called to let me know to login because my loan app was unlocked on my account. Then they would schedule a pickup after loan was approved next day. Now, they are cutting it close. They scheduled a pick up 2 weeks ago and even offered to deliver my car at home without a loan. Hope it all goes well and can pickup my car this weekend.

I was originally scheduled for 10/5 at Rocklin but on Monday 9/24 I got a text saying I could get it as early as this Friday 9/28. I agreed and so far everything has come through.. VIN, MVPA, payment screen... Now the weird part.. I just got an email at 11pm asking If I would like to do home delivery instead:

Your new Tesla is now ready for delivery! We can drive it to your home, office or any location you would like at any time, day or night. We really do mean any location at any time; for example, an airport, birthday party, sporting event, shopping mall, park or even the beach.​

Please let us know when and where you would like us to deliver your car. If you are unable to take delivery of your car in the next few days, that’s no problem. We would be happy to reallocate this VIN to a different customer and manufacture another car for you at a later date. Unfortunately, due to high production volume and limited parking, we cannot store cars for longer than three days.​

As a reminder, Tesla financing is so simple and fast that it can done during the car delivery process itself. It comes with a best rate guarantee that is valid for seven days after you receive your car. If you obtain a better interest rate from another institution within seven days, Tesla will credit you the difference.​

We are also happy to pick up and take your trade-in vehicle when we deliver your Tesla, or at another time.​

Thank you,​

Yep got word for word the exact same email at 11 pm. My delivery is this Thursday at Fremont. I'm debating whether to have them deliver or to keep the appointment. I would like to get the whole experience of being at the center (also pick up some Tesla merchandise).

Reactions: Canikony
Unfortunately, Tesla's idiotic policy is to run their mobile service departments off of personal cell phones (I found this out while yelling at them about their awful communications some time last year), so this doesn't prove that it's not legitimate.

(Tesla management leaves a *lot* to be desired)

That's actually a newer trend for companies. I thought it was odd to when my company did away with landlines but found out we were just following everyone else.

22AF52E6-DD5F-4E14-B27F-943416AAAAAE.png
So out manic curiosity and the fact that waiting for this car has made it so I can only sleep very little, I just logged into my account to find the following request to pay the final amount. Is this normal for Utah deliveries? No currently scheduled delivery since they canceled my Friday delivery. Also no final MVPA on my account.

Hahaha... I just realized I said “normal” related to Tesla deliveries

I kid you not, this was texted to me last night. Prank? Anyone else get texted for delivery vs. emailed?

THEM: Hello from the Tesla Delivery team. Our logistics team has confirmed a Model 3 matching your order is available this week. Are you available to take delivery between 9/26 - 9/30?

ME: Wow. I'm so thrilled as I've been waiting a LONG time. Problem is, I fly to FL Friday through Monday. Not sure there's enough time for trade-in/financing/etc. to take delivery tomorrow. I know it's the end of quarter push, but would I lose the car if I can't take delivery until Oct. 2/3?

FML.

Reactions: webdbbt
I kid you not, this was texted to me last night. Prank? Anyone else get texted for delivery vs. emailed?

THEM: Hello from the Tesla Delivery team. Our logistics team has confirmed a Model 3 matching your order is available this week. Are you available to take delivery between 9/26 - 9/30?

ME: Wow. I'm so thrilled as I've been waiting a LONG time. Problem is, I fly to FL Friday through Monday. Not sure there's enough time for trade-in/financing/etc. to take delivery tomorrow. I know it's the end of quarter push, but would I lose the car if I can't take delivery until Oct. 2/3?

FML.

Better cancel that flight, homie!

FML.
Yeah. I told them I had to take delivery today or Thurs. I'm out of town Fri to Tues. Not expecting much.

These texts sound like my experience the last couple of weeks. First day reservation holder, ordered AWD, non-P, on 09/12 with expected delivery Nov-Jan. Got a text 09/15 asking to move delivery up to end of September! Amazing! Then was texted 2 days later saying mid-October for delivery and VIN will be assigned 7 days prior to delivery. Got scheduled for 10/10 delivery at 10am. Ok, that's fine. 09/21, I got another text asking if I could take delivery of VIN 111xxx on 09/27 at 3pm - woo hoo!. I reached out yesterday because there was no ACH button to pay and was told that delivery is now delayed to 10/17. My advice - don't get excited.

• Informative
Reactions: TechSavvyWife
These texts sound like my experience the last couple of weeks. First day reservation holder, ordered AWD, non-P, on 09/12 with expected delivery Nov-Jan. Got a text 09/15 asking to move delivery up to end of September! Amazing! Then was texted 2 days later saying mid-October for delivery and VIN will be assigned 7 days prior to delivery. Got scheduled for 10/10 delivery at 10am. Ok, that's fine. 09/21, I got another text asking if I could take delivery of VIN 111xxx on 09/27 at 3pm - woo hoo!. I reached out yesterday because there was no ACH button to pay and was told that delivery is now delayed to 10/17. My advice - don't get excited.

This has also been my experience. Delivery dates and VIN's mean nothing until the car has arrived at your local delivery center. I've had 2 delivery dates and a VIN that came and went and still no car.

• Informative
Reactions: TechSavvyWife