Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Awesome iOS App called Stats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I loved the Stats app but my model 3 wasn’t always going to sleep. I deleted the app and all was good again , so I decided to install Stats again and had the same sleep issue . I have had the app deleted for 2 weeks and not once has the car not gone to sleep. I park my car at the airport a lot and can’t risk the huge battery drain if the car doesn’t go to sleep. Has anyone else had this issue ?

I loved the Stats app but my model 3 wasn’t always going to sleep. I deleted the app and all was good again , so I decided to install Stats again and had the same sleep issue . I have had the app deleted for 2 weeks and not once has the car not gone to sleep. I park my car at the airport a lot and can’t risk the huge battery drain if the car doesn’t go to sleep. Has anyone else had this issue ?
My story exactly. I loved the information available, but when I had it my 3 absolutely would not sleep. After I deleted it the car sleeps very reliably.
That said tonight will be the first night on new firmware. Fingers crossed it sleeps tonight. I thought about giving my 3 Ambien but I was concerned that the car would drive while asleep.:rolleyes:

Is Stats the only app you have?

I am guessing you have never done Android development. Yes there are porting tools. But the fractured nature of the Android system turns a lot of developers off. All the time and effort to build it and then work on so many different phone types, is NOT worth it in many cases.
I definitely haven't. The only thing I know is there are more Android users now than iPhone users. Might be the other way around when it comes to Tesla owners but that's still a crazy amount of money he's missing out on. I would port it over and offer the beta apk for free to users on here for example to give feedback on any problems.

My story exactly. I loved the information available, but when I had it my 3 absolutely would not sleep. After I deleted it the car sleeps very reliably.
That said tonight will be the first night on new firmware.

How does one definitively determine whether the car is sleeping or has slept? I am using Stats (only) and haven’t noticed any problems but how would I know?

After you leave the car Or poll the car through the app, the car should sleep 11 minutes later . So go back to your app after 11 minutes and see if the app shows its waking up the car . You’ll also know by the drain . If it’s more than 3-6 miles per 24 hours I’d say your car is not sleeping correctly .

• Informative
Reactions: hcdavis3
How does one definitively determine whether the car is sleeping or has slept? I am using Stats (only) and haven’t noticed any problems but how would I know?
Teslafi. You can set up sleep settings in the website. Here’s mine from this morning. There’s a free trial to see if it works for you. Stats, when I had it polled the car all the time and it never went to sleep. The owner of the app May have updated to allow Teslafi to allow the car to sleep.

Attachments

• 37B2E513-4B17-4FCE-8FD6-B17A52AB8750.png
    37B2E513-4B17-4FCE-8FD6-B17A52AB8750.png
    764.9 KB · Views: 100
Teslafi. You can set up sleep settings in the website. Here’s mine from this morning. There’s a free trial to see if it works for you. Stats, when I had it polled the car all the time and it never went to sleep. The owner of the app May have updated to allow Teslafi to allow the car to sleep.

Thanks. I’m not likely to set up another third party app that can potentially cause a sleep issue itself, given that I don’t seem to have any issue currently with Stats.

What if the Tesla app says “waking up” for say 20 seconds when I open it. Would that be proof it was asleep or not really?

I run both TeslaFi and Stats. I turned off Stats on both my iPhone and iPad today. Interesting though, I left it running on my watch and it still is able to connect to the car. Anyways, I'm watching to see if the battery drain goes down with Stats not running. So far I'd say it seems better but I should have a better feel in another couple of days.

Thanks. I’m not likely to set up another third party app that can potentially cause a sleep issue itself, given that I don’t seem to have any issue currently with Stats.

What if the Tesla app says “waking up” for say 20 seconds when I open it. Would that be proof it was asleep or not really?
I’m not sure about that. Teslafi is the only way for me to know for sure my car is asleep. When I open the Tesla app when my car is asleep it definitely says “waking up “. So maybe your car is asleep. Try reaching out to the developer of Stats. I’m sure he could give you a definitive answer.

Reactions: Scott7
Good app but pretty useless overall. I mean, there’s no disadvantage not having the app. I uninstalled the $15 investment and my phantom drain almost disappeared. That app is never going back on my phone again.

have you tried contacting the developer? He is very responsive. As I said before, he works pretty hard to make sure the app doesnt drain your battery.

Good app but pretty useless overall. I mean, there’s no disadvantage not having the app. I uninstalled the $15 investment and my phantom drain almost disappeared. That app is never going back on my phone again.
Same for me. I’ll get my 15 bucks back in phantom drain pretty quickly.

have you tried contacting the developer? He is very responsive. As I said before, he works pretty hard to make sure the app doesnt drain your battery.

Well, it’ll never be zero. It can’t be. The app will always draw some battery to work. And that’s exactly my point. For the phantom drain it causes, I am not getting anything in return other than some statistics that are fun for the first few days but then pretty useless for a normal commuter as you’re not going to have a life changing experience looking at your driving trends. A waste of $15 for me at least.

Reactions: hcdavis3
In addition to the charts, which are helpful. I keep track of what firmware im on compared to others. How much my charging is costing at my house. Phantom drain stats. Plus all the useful settings, like battery warmup on schedule, auto turn on sentry mode, notifications if i forget to plug in my car...etc..

So maybe you arent taking advantage of all what the app offers?

Reactions: ironwaffle
In addition to the charts, which are helpful. I keep track of what firmware im on compared to others. How much my charging is costing at my house. Phantom drain stats. Plus all the useful settings, like battery warmup on schedule, auto turn on sentry mode, notifications if i forget to plug in my car...etc..

I am not. I am sure those who find them useful enjoy them. I consider most of the features as “informational” “after the fact” indicators and unfortunately the phantom drain outweighs the benefits today. And most of the phantom drain stats were because of that app lol...

I second that. Also, stats app auto turns on sentry for me. I think this feature is coming soon in Tesla app though.