Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Awesome iOS App called Stats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am not. I am sure those who find them useful enjoy them. I consider most of the features as “informational” “after the fact” indicators and unfortunately the phantom drain outweighs the benefits today. And most of the phantom drain stats were because of that app lol...

Cool man. Just wanted to let you know some of this, just in case I could change your mind. All the best my friend.

Reactions: youngmcdonald
Does the Apple Watch complication enable you to launch the app or does it just show statistics? Thanks

IMG_0752.jpeg
IMG_0748.jpeg
IMG_0750.jpeg
IMG_0817.jpeg
IMG_0751.jpeg
IMG_0818.jpeg

My new model x has been siting at the detailers waiting for the works since delivery day. One week with just Tesla app and I had basically no drain, installed stats app and over night lost 4 miles. Deleted stats, installed Remote for Tesla (remote s) and it’s back to minimal drain. Remote for Tesla’s watch app is way better than Stats in my opinion which is really what I want most. The best and most useful watch app. Stats app was very informative with all the charts but for the amount of drain it’s not worth it. If it’s sitting a long time the stats app will deplete your battery over stock Tesla app and remote Tesla app. If you charge every day then it’s prb a non issue. But the remote Tesla watch app is just worth it for me.

Is there a skill for Alexa?

Nothing official from Tesla, but there are numerous skills to choose from that will connect Alexa to your Telsa. See one example I listed below:

Description
This skill allows you to get information about your your Tesla car.
You can get charge status, location & climate status. You can also control your car - flash lights, honk, start/stop charging and start/stop climate system.
To get started, enable the skill and go the Alexa app when prompted. Enter the Tesla account email/password to link your account with your car.
Your Tesla account information is only used for generating a token. If you already have a token, you can enter that directly (instead of providing email/password).
For your privacy, these details are not stored anywhere.

Here's a list of commands:
get charge status
get car status
get climate status
get location
set driver temperature to 72
set passenger side to 73
start charging
stop charging
honk the horn
flash lights
turn climate on
warm up my car
cool my car
turn climate off
stop climate
stop heating
stop cooling
how warm is my car
how cold is my car
dude where's my car
where's my car
get ready to take off
go into hyperdrive
how far can I drive
how far can I go
whats your name
switch cars
set charge limit to 85 percent
start charging to 90 percent
close trunk
close front trunk
close frunk
close boot

User discussion forum: EV Car/My Tesla - An Alexa skill for Amazon Echo / Tesla integration

This skill is not developed or endorsed by Tesla Motors.

My new model x has been siting at the detailers waiting for the works since delivery day. One week with just Tesla app and I had basically no drain, installed stats app and over night lost 4 miles. Deleted stats, installed Remote for Tesla (remote s) and it’s back to minimal drain. Remote for Tesla’s watch app is way better than Stats in my opinion which is really what I want most. The best and most useful watch app. Stats app was very informative with all the charts but for the amount of drain it’s not worth it. If it’s sitting a long time the stats app will deplete your battery over stock Tesla app and remote Tesla app. If you charge every day then it’s prb a non issue. But the remote Tesla watch app is just worth it for me.

Hmmm… I lost 21 miles of range in about 8 days with my Model S in the garage during an international trip with the Stats app active. This is very close to the amount of phantom drain I had during my last previous trip which was before I installed the Stats app. Thus, at least for me, there is very little overhead with this app in terms of energy loss.

I've been using Stats for almost a year and no phantom drain issue with the app. Once in a long while, I will experience some worse than normal drains. But I'm pretty sure it's something else and not the app. Otherwise, the bad drains would be ongoing.

I've been using Stats for almost a year and no phantom drain issue with the app. Once in a long while, I will experience some worse than normal drains. But I'm pretty sure it's something else and not the app. Otherwise, the bad drains would be ongoing.
I’m going to give it another shot once I finally get my car back. I think it came with an older firmware, so I’ll update the car and see what happens again. Once I’m using the X day to day I don’t think it will be much of an issue, and if I have to sit it again for a long period of time I can just uninstall again for the time being.

Reactions: gogogoducks
Not just for Stats, looks like with IOS13 and watch OS6, Siri shortcuts are no longer supported. I just get "Siri shortcuts are currently unavailable on Apple Watch". I hope the developer is planing to update soon - or this app is no longer useful to me.

This is not a Stats issue. This is an Apple issue. I can't do ANY Siri shortcuts on my Apple Watch or my HomePod since installing iOS 13. Bloody annoying. Doesn't work with any of my apps with Siri shortcuts. There's nothing the Stats dev can do. However, this will likely be fixed in the coming days. Rumor has it iOS 13.1 is out tomorrow, and watchOS 6.1 was seeded to devs today, so that won't be far behind I expect.

Anyway, patience, and this will sort itself out. Also, I've been testing some betas for Stats that fix the widget always waking up the car. Should be released in the coming days, too. To Stat's dev's credit, he fixes things quickly when brought to his attention.

But again, let me reiterate - the Siri shortcuts issue is not a Stats bug - it's an iOS 13 + watchOS 6 problem.

Wow Stats is 27.99 CDN! (about $21 USD)
for some info that's cool but certainly not essential...
Hmmmm gotta think about that for a bit
The app builder is a really cool guy if that helps.

It is the first and only app I’ve ever paid for. I don’t regret it. Just to look at specs and nerd out on. Also the Apple Watch app is neat.

Reactions: Jaywlker
The app builder is a really cool guy if that helps.

It is the first and only app I’ve ever paid for. I don’t regret it. Just to look at specs and nerd out on. Also the Apple Watch app is neat.

Ya, it’s pretty good and is still really only the cost of 4 or 5 months worth of a lot of the subscription services, so even if you use it just for a year you’ve only spent about a quarter of what some of the others cost!

My only downside is that it doesn’t seem to capture supercharging sessions for charging profiles...

Reactions: Jaywlker
Ya, it’s pretty good and is still really only the cost of 4 or 5 months worth of a lot of the subscription services, so even if you use it just for a year you’ve only spent about a quarter of what some of the others cost!

My only downside is that it doesn’t seem to capture supercharging sessions for charging profiles...
That’s true. He does take feedback and requests rather well from what I’ve seen. I’m not sure if that’s possible though to be honest.