Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@MasterC17 @Clivew @Electric Dream @MountainPass

Well. Like a fat kid that doesn't need another ice cream. I don't need another single-use specialty tool. Harbor Freight comes to the rescue with a multi-tool, not a single purpose tool. The fat kid said to himself, that's healthy stuff, looking at a sherbet made of real fruit. I will be using the HF tool on the remaining wheel studs that I have yet to replace. Ball Joint Service Kit for 2WD and 4WD Vehicles

BTW. Amazon offers these from Orion Motor Tech, but will not ship for a month due to COVID19 non-essential designation. If you aren't in a hurry, this could be an option as well.[/USER]

Last edited:
How would that help though, the hub and bearing are one-piece so you wouldn't you still be "shocking" the balls in the bearing?

I've not removed them on this car, I am assuming it is like a conventional setup where you can remove the hub from the spindle wiht a single nut. If I'm wrong and there is something odd there, then nevermind. Otherwise, the bearings aren't receiving the load if it is removed from the spindle.

@beastmode13 now that you have had a chance to drive a bit more with the MPP front lower control arm bushings, what is your thoughts? Or maybe you have not gone out much due to the circumstances...

Definitely not accumulating miles like before COVID-19. For the limited amount of driving since the initial impression post #111, I can say the NVH is no different than stock. That was the biggest concern I had going in.

Are you installing this weekend? Would be fun to give you a hand if we were under different circumstances. :(

Definitely not accumulating miles like before COVID-19. For the limited amount of driving since the initial impression post #111, I can say the NVH is no different than stock. That was the biggest concern I had going in.

Are you installing this weekend? Would be fun to give you a hand if we were under different circumstances. :(
For sure, appreciate the gesture. I think my press tools should be arriving on Monday. I am going to also try and send out my rotors to get turned while doing the front control arms. Had some pad transfer issues since I first installed and I believe the best way to remedy will be to get them turned. Hopefully girodisc is still open, need to check on Monday as I forgot today...
I am glad to hear that nvh is the same. I should also be getting my e90 schroth quick belt thingy soon.

For sure, appreciate the gesture. I think my press tools should be arriving on Monday. I am going to also try and send out my rotors to get turned while doing the front control arms. Had some pad transfer issues since I first installed and I believe the best way to remedy will be to get them turned. Hopefully girodisc is still open, need to check on Monday as I forgot today...
I am glad to hear that nvh is the same. I should also be getting my e90 schroth quick belt thingy soon.

That reminds me. I have the Schroth sitting in my garage since December.

• Funny
Reactions: Mash and Lucky13
Interesting colors.
2F4346E7-6251-4353-BD5E-7F62DEE605C2.jpeg