Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best Apple watch app in May 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I use STATS on my Apple Watch Ultra. It updates frequently. The iPhone shows every kind of battery information there is. I like the ability to use Bluetooth to connect directly to the car on the watch in addition to the LTE/WiFi. It’s expensive, but I’ve been very happy with the reliability and all the numerous different things you can do like Siri shortcuts to open trunk/Frunk etc. I even made a dedicated Apple Watch Face for it🤣🤣

incoming-91954C5C-757F-45B4-8CD2-23746E705F09.jpeg

I'm a big fan of the Watch for Tesla app. It works extremely well, looks really nice, and has a developer that constantly improves the app. There is Stats as well - and that developer also does the same, but the pricing - for me - is somewhat outrageous.
+1 for this app. I’ve had it through several Teslas and love it. It’s also very affordable, can now be used as a proximity key to unlock the door if you don’t have your phone nor the key card and as stated, the developer is very responsive and active in constantly updating the app.

+1 for this app. I’ve had it through several Teslas and love it. It’s also very affordable, can now be used as a proximity key to unlock the door if you don’t have your phone nor the key card and as stated, the developer is very responsive and active in constantly updating the app.
As per original OP #1 they asked, is "Watch app for Tesla" by Kim Hansen the one to get or not. Both of you have quoted "Watch for Tesla", and this seems to be referring to the same app but I can't be 100% sure. Can you please confirm?Sorry to be pedantic. But it's $20.

I'm 8 weeks in on my Tesla journey (MYLR) and very much enjoying it. I've logged 10k miles in the last 8 weeks.

I have the key card Tesla gives you, the Tesla app for iPhone, then three apps I am running on my Apple Watch: Stats, Watchla, and Watch for Tesla.

Key Card - It is what it is. It locks and unlocks the car and starts it. Works well. I like it. I seldom use it, but like it when I need it.

iPhone App - I really like the Tesla iPhone app. It does everything I need it to and more. It's fairly user friendly. I'm a fan. This is what I use most of the time.

As an Apple Watch user I really like the idea of using my watch as a key (even though I never leave without my phone) so I've been playing with three apps. I don't have a final decision but here are my current thoughts.

Stats - I'm a data nerd so upon purchase of my Tesla I also purchased (at the high price over over $100) the stats app. (I also use Testify which I find way more useful. I don't have buyers remorse for purchasing "Stats" but close). The Apple Watch version of Stats seems to work well. It is the "least pretty" of the three. But it is functional. It is usually quick. And it works OTA and via Bluetooth in necessary. I found it to be fairly speedy and have been impressed. It has been my "go to" watch app for the Tesla UNTIL a few days ago. Now it crashes almost every time I open it.

Watchla - I had purchased watchla at the same time as stats but found the Stats watch interface to be more to my liking. Basically I thought Watchla was prettier, but stats was much faster. Watchla still seems to have a hard time connecting to my car.

Watch for Tesla - I just purchased this a few days ago when my Stats app started to crash. I think this one is my favorite. It looks nice. It does things the other two don't. Not a lot of things, but some that are valuable to me. I just connected it via Bluetooth and it seems to be working well.

Bottom Line I'm probably not much help as I'm still deciding. At this moment I would rank them as follows:

1. Watch for Tesla
2. Stats (When its not crashing)
3. Watchla

If I were going to delete two of them off my watch I would delete Stats and Watchla. I don't expect to run all three of them on my watch forever, but I haven't made my final decisions.

I'll keep the key card in my wallet for obvious reasons. The iPhone app for Tesla is my main workhorse. I like the stats app for iPhone for two things, checking battery degredation and verifying that my charing is set up correctly. It will tell me what time my car will begin charging if I've set a specific departure time. I just discovered the "Watch for Tesla" Apple Watch app does that too.

I'll end my ramblings with my prediction of my final apps for my Tesla.

Teslifi
Teslas iOS app
Watch for Tesla

Probably those three are all I will end up using.

That's my $0.02.

This is going to sound odd. Tesla just released a new version of the Tesla app for iOS, 4.24.0-1911. The text in the App Store says, "Access your vehicle controls and climate from the Apple Shortcuts app."

So, I really haven't used the Apple Shortcuts at all since getting this iPhone 12. But if one looks under All Shortcuts, there's fifteen-odd Tesla-related shortcuts in there, all with the Tesla logo. The first two are, "Lock Tesla" and "Unlock Tesla". The last two are, "Open Tesla Trunk" and "Close Tesla Trunk".

Um. So, I also have an Apple Watch SE, the old one. (If one signed up for this study, they'd give you one, and it would be Yours if you stayed with the study long enough. This watch is now mine.)

A little reading reveals that, supposedly, if one creates a short cut on the iPhone, then said short cut will show up on the Watch, as well.

All right. I hardly need this feature, since I keep the phone with me all the time anyway, and all I have to do is grab the door handle to get in. And of the fifteen or so controls, they're all on the iPhone app anyway. But this is, by gum, a way to control the car from the watch. I think.

Has anybody given it a go as of yet?

Hi everyone,

I am the developer of My Tesla Remote, I just opened a dedicated thread about the app.
Don't hesitate to take a look if you want!

You can also find the app on the AppStore here

This is going to sound odd. Tesla just released a new version of the Tesla app for iOS, 4.24.0-1911. The text in the App Store says, "Access your vehicle controls and climate from the Apple Shortcuts app."

So, I really haven't used the Apple Shortcuts at all since getting this iPhone 12. But if one looks under All Shortcuts, there's fifteen-odd Tesla-related shortcuts in there, all with the Tesla logo. The first two are, "Lock Tesla" and "Unlock Tesla". The last two are, "Open Tesla Trunk" and "Close Tesla Trunk".

Um. So, I also have an Apple Watch SE, the old one. (If one signed up for this study, they'd give you one, and it would be Yours if you stayed with the study long enough. This watch is now mine.)

A little reading reveals that, supposedly, if one creates a short cut on the iPhone, then said short cut will show up on the Watch, as well.

All right. I hardly need this feature, since I keep the phone with me all the time anyway, and all I have to do is grab the door handle to get in. And of the fifteen or so controls, they're all on the iPhone app anyway. But this is, by gum, a way to control the car from the watch. I think.

Has anybody given it a go as of yet?
I can’t get the shortcuts to work with Siri on the watch and it is frustrating. Keeps replying with “download an app for your or add car key to wallet”. I can run the shortcut manually from the watch though.