TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Bonnie's Xcellent Adventure w/X Sig 2 - Config, Delivery, Roadtrip

Discussion in 'Model X' started by ZachShahan, Sep 2, 2015.

1. pvogel

pvogel Member

Awesome! Describes *exactly* how I feel about having to dig a key out of my pocket when I rent a car after more than a decade driving a Prius with smart key.

Of course, my wife has 25+ years of 'self' opening and closing car doors (well, any door actually) 'cause that's how I was brought up. A guy opens the door for a lady :) and her vision doesn't allow her to drive, so I'm the chauffeur!

Peter+

2. Rob Fairman

Rob Fairman Member

You truly are at the cutting edge of first world problems.:biggrin:

3. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

I haven't mounted it. I'm only keeping this X for a short time, since I'll ultimately have a Founders (by referral) in my garage. I'll leave it up to the new owner to decide if they wish to put a front plate on.

The front frame is still wrapped in foam, sitting in the frunk. If today's rain clears up, I'll take a closer look.

Pretty sure it was a sales demo. But you missed the important point .. the doors didn't shut automatically! I had to manually close my door. Where is the sympathy for my plight????

- - - Updated - - -

A pioneer, really.

4. Nevek

Nevek Overt Member

The horror, the horror!

5. Cyclone

Cyclone Cyclonic Member ((.oO))

They just wanted an excuse for your X to stick around so the techs could gawk over it! ;)

6. bobbykansara

bobbykansara Member

I didn't miss that. :) IIRC when you first got your X that you noted that the self-presenting door didn't work, but was to be fixed with an OTA software update. I assumed that this would update in the loaner car/sales demo as you drove it around, and you would not need the sympathy for much longer. Be that as it may, I offer sympathy, gratitude, and anything else you wish for being so gracious with your time and guidance and very gracious help to all who need it. Thanks again! :)

7. beths11

beths11 THE LONG RANGER

Bonnie's loaner was a model S

8. chickensevil

chickensevil Active Member

About the "Rear Fog" button, I noticed this a few weeks ago on a European photo of a Model S, and had asked about it and got no response. The Photo was also in another language setting but you could clearly tell it was where the fog light button was normally and above it was a representation of what would be "rear fog". This from a guy who took delivery of his car not long after my new S, so it might be something they have already started putting in both cars without mentioning it yet.

So I would really love someone to clarify on this, and it may be better suited as a different thread/discussion, but it would appear that this is something new that they haven't overtly mentioned and is being pushed to both cars.

9. bobbykansara

bobbykansara Member

D'oh! Not enough coffee yet.... I try to read very carefully, but my eye caught P90D (and missed the "Model S" part). Since the Model S isn't available in 90.... Anyhow, off to Starbucks!

BTW, someone else mentioned on this thread about 3rd party customizations for front license plate solutions. Can someone post links for some of those? Just want to see what's out there for the S and track those sites for when they offer solutions for the X. Thanks in advance!

10. dirkhh

dirkhh Middle-aged Member

Bonnie, would you mind entering your firmware information in the tracker? I'd love to be able to track the build numbers in the new Model X and how they relate to what's in the S.
    I promise I will not abuse the reputation system and give you reputation points for it [emoji3]

11. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

When you decide it's time to let the Roadster go, my offer still stands. ;)

12. Andyw2100

Andyw2100 Supporting Member

#932 Andyw2100, Dec 24, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2015
    That was me.

I'm posting from my phone now, so I'll come back later and update this post with links. Two, off the top of my head, are Magneplate and The Law.

Edit:

Magneplate- No Drill Tesla Model S Front License Plate

The Law (Torklift Central) - Torklift Central | The Law - Tesla Model S Front License Plate Bracket-Aluminum (Auto Pilot Compatible) X7283

13. bayareaever

bayareaever Member

Bonnie, thanks for providing all this information about your new car.

Can you please clarify whether the 2nd row seats are indeed individually reclining and if so how (especially the middle one)? They don't look like they recline from the pictures. Also, I assume the third row seats don't recline?

thanks again!

14. RichardL

RichardL Member

While we were checking out Bonnie's car, one person was sitting in the middle row and was able to separately recline the middle seat. It didn't go all the way back (maybe they simply stopped doing it, I don't know) - but it did recline and the reclining was each seat separately

15. siucity

siucity Button Pusher

The Model S is available with the 90kWh battery option. 90D, P90D, and P90D​.

16. ohmman

ohmman Maximum Plaid Member

By recline, you mean tilt backwards, right? The seat backs don't move independently of the bottom, as far as I remember. My understanding was that they only tilted and moved independently, so the bottom would be sloped backwards if it "reclined".

17. tomas

tomas Only partially psycho

there's entire thread called front license plate solutions here

i have skene, which can be done in many configs. There are many, including some good home brews. Suggest using that thread vs reinventing, though placement options on x likely different.

18. bayareaever

bayareaever Member

"By recline, you mean tilt backwards, right? The seat backs don't move independently of the bottom, as far as I remember. My understanding was that they only tilted and moved independently, so the bottom would be sloped backwards if it "reclined"."

My wife is 5'1". It sounds like her feet would be dangling in the air if she reclined the seat? Does it also moved vertically to be closer to the floor? Especially without armrests, this doesn't sound too comfortable, especially for someone on the shorter side.

19. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

To be clear, I'm not going to find someone 5'1 to sit in the seat. (Not that you were asking that.) Seats are normal height. Does your wife have problems with other seats? And do you usually make her sit in the back seat? :)

I'll check the other sometime in the next few days. Christmas prep today. But since there are so many new Sig owners, perhaps one of them will respond...

20. highedu

highedu Member

+1 My sentiments exactly