Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bonnie's Xcellent Adventure w/X Sig 2 - Config, Delivery, Roadtrip

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
bonnie, if you come up here I'll catch a bunch of crawfish to munch on! Like this haul of mine last week.
crawfish.jpg

I'll be in the SoCal area for a few days with family (Redondo Beach, Fountain Valley, Mission Viejo), so def will have time.

- - - Updated - - -

Yay. And no news yet on the sub zero package. Other than an email indicating it's being investigated.

Maybe it's a deliberate attempt to keep electricity demand low through the winter, by deferring sales to Northern USA, Canada and Norway.

Congratulations, Bonnie. When you get your X, my wife would love to see it to see if her BackMat, originally made for our Sig 461 Model S, could be configured for the Model X as well. She has now made more than 100 of them for happy Model S owners with canine BFFs.

Absolutely can check it out for fit. :)

- - - Updated - - -

bonnie, if you come up here I'll catch a bunch of crawfish to munch on! Like this haul of mine last week.

Rolo! No crawfish is safe around you. And yum.

I like the clean crisp look of flat white. But I see what you mean by the 'rental car look':

Yeah, yeah, yeah...

More like:
cars.jpg

(It's rather funny, I'm normally not a screaming color kind of person, but if I had a Roadster I would look for one in Very Orange or that bright green color...)

Any chance of a video posted online afterwards showing your delivery experience and a visual tour of the vehicle? If only Bjorn was in Fremont next month he could do it. [emoji1]

Potentially. Probably. A nephew of mine has a video company, specializing in automotive video. He's planning on coming down from Seattle and joining me for the delivery, whenever that may be. His video will be MUCH better quality than anything I could do.

I wish! I assume it will be Founders that are delivered on the 29th.

Elon tweeted: First production cars will be handed over on Sept 29 at our Fremont factory.

Maybe "production" could include the early buyers at the X Reveal. However, IMHO, it would make sense that the previously configured Founder's Model X vehicles are in the production system that allows Elon to set a firm date for the handoff.

I read "production" as being non-founder cars. Keeping my fingers crossed for Bonnie.
Even if they are Founder cars, what is a couple more....
Great attitude. Perhaps all the Model S vehicles that are completed by September 29th could be handed off. With the increased production in 2015 the media could get a huge story with a large number of finished EVs ready for delivery. Can you imagine all the Model X Falcon Wings rising at the same time?