Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Borrow a Telsa Model S 2-4 May in Sydney

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm in need for some help from helpful Tesla owners. We've actually started the first car rental company to provide Teslas in Sydney and Canberra. Full website is just a couple of days away.

What happened is... Ironically enough, our very first client damaged the car and although it's insured, the repairs are taking too long to complete. We have a booth locked up for next Mon-Tue at CeBIT expo:

CeBIT Australia 2016 - Shaping the business technology landscape

The car is supposed to be there on the floor visible to the public. Unfortunately, it will be at the repair shop. I am asking for a Tesla Model S owner to borrow the car for 2-3 days so that the public can see the car, no driving or sitting inside the car involved. I am sure we can discuss what you can expect in return. Please contact me on 0405 022 807 if you would be happy to help! Thanks!

Moderators Note
Removed company name and eMail address as it promotes the posters business.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, when dealing with "commercial folk" I like to see their contact details. Not available on the web site yet, I note, but you can trust me :) What's your number? Ahem, preferably the land line to your business address, which is located at what street number(?) in what street(?) in what city(?) Sorry if I sound a bit suspicious...it comes naturally. :rolleyes: Must be an address, else how would I know where to go to pick up or drop a car?

Whilst I sympathise to the OP's situation as described, this runs very close to promotion of his new service by stealth.
Promotion of a business that you have an interest in is against forum rules.
Given that they joined today specifically to start this thread, I would recommend caution.
I will be following this thread closely and reserve the right to delete it without notice should I feel it breaches forum rules.

Moderators note
This thread started as a request to borrow a Model S and has quickly changed to a discussion about the OP's business.
This is against the terms of TMC as it constitutes advertising and I can't allow it as Slava is not a Sponsor.
Please keep the discussion on this thread confined to the request to borrow a Model S.
Slava replied to a number of questions and I have unapproved his post as this perpetuates the situation.
As I said further up the thread I reserve the right to delete this thread in its entirety and if it continues in this fashion it looks like I will be forced to do so.
Thank you for your understanding.

Tough crowd in Oz! The OP seems to be in a bit of a jam and was just asking for help. The mod appropriately removed much of his biz info from the first post, to prevent potentially promoting a business. The OP was gladly sharing his contact and did put his phone in the first post.

Anyone loaning out their car to another individual or business should always do due diligence - but this guy seems on the up and up. I'd give the benefit of the doubt and, if it were convenient for me to loan, would ask to see the registration for the event and would probably bring it there myself and park it.

Reactions: alexeiw123
Tough crowd in Oz! The OP seems to be in a bit of a jam and was just asking for help. The mod appropriately removed much of his biz info from the first post, to prevent potentially promoting a business. The OP was gladly sharing his contact and did put his phone in the first post.

To the contrary, we are not a tough crowd. Meloccom was more than well within the rights of a moderator. This guy not only plugged his business but perpetuated it in his deleted post (which comes through as an email on your server if you follow the thread). It was unquestionably a touting of business and if we all did it the forum would just be a platform for free advertising.

If Slava was truly in need of a loaner, all he had to do was state his predicament (no promotions) and ask for help though either a phone number or PM's - end of story, not a diatribe of self promotion!

To the contrary, we are not a tough crowd. Meloccom was more than well within the rights of a moderator. This guy not only plugged his business but perpetuated it in his deleted post (which comes through as an email on your server if you follow the thread). It was unquestionably a touting of business and if we all did it the forum would just be a platform for free advertising.

If Slava was truly in need of a loaner, all he had to do was state his predicament (no promotions) and ask for help though either a phone number or PM's - end of story, not a diatribe of self promotion!

I believe I stated that the mod 'appropriately' removed content. Not sure why you're making it sound like I said something different. Perhaps quite a bit of content was deleted before I saw it, because I didn't see a diatribe of self-promotion. (And I'm well aware of the policies re advertising, having been a mod for several years before resigning :).)

Hopefully he found a loaner.

Unfortunately my lengthy response had to be deleted, which I completely understand. It is hard to not mention the business when the questions are directly about it. I wish other posts were more about the content of my enquiry.

Anyway, we did eventually find a loaner and the expo went well.

Thanks Bonnie, I honestly did not expect such a critical response. Received better response by posting on Twitter.

I too am interested in renting a model S or Model X for a week,
to have a really good test drive etc before I buy.

If you are interested in renting, consider looking around.

For the same cost as renting here in Australia for one week
with all the extras, fees and insurance cover; I have hired a
model S for one week in England (London) with unlimited
kilometers, paid for return flights (economy class), paid for one week motel
accommodation, paid for ALL meals and ALL insurances
including collision waiver !!!

I know where I am going for my loooong test drive.

Also, I understand that England has a lot more readily
available charging facilities (based on the SuperCharger
network, and as seen on "FullyCharged" YouTube videos).

I too am interested in renting a model S or Model X for a week,
to have a really good test drive etc before I buy.

If you are interested in renting, consider looking around.

For the same cost as renting here in Australia for one week
with all the extras, fees and insurance cover; I have hired a
model S for one week in England (London) with unlimited
kilometers, paid for return flights (economy class), paid for one week motel
accommodation, paid for ALL meals and ALL insurances
including collision waiver !!!

I know where I am going for my loooong test drive.

Also, I understand that England has a lot more readily
available charging facilities (based on the SuperCharger
network, and as seen on "FullyCharged" YouTube videos).

There are a few reasons why Australian rental prices are higher than in Europe (although not significantly) and especially in the USA:
  1. We pay luxury car tax on all Teslas (which is an ongoing debate and should at least be cancelled for EVs)
  2. We don't receive any tax incentives
  3. We receive laughable registration incentives (except stamp duty waiver in ACT)
  4. Insurance in Australia is notoriously slow to adapt to market changes and therefore simply increases the premiums on commercial vehicles
Unfortunately, all of the above is consequently reflected in higher rental prices.

In terms of charging network - hard to disagree, we need more options here. However, more and more destination chargers are starting to appear and finally some CHAdeMO projects are being deployed too. Three phase points are also an option and a great growing community of people sharing their own charges on PlugShare for instance.