Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bought new S 75D yesterday after tesla yesterday firesale overnight -$7500

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They removed the feature of the guaranteed residual value for a reason. I guess it was to allow for future sale discounting.
It's still available in some countries, such as China.

Here it is (translated and original) from the current Design Studio in China:
china.png

Tesla averages about $20K a car when sold at full price, so they are still making some profit on the inventory cars. Selling off inventory cars also gets liabilities off the books by the end of the quarter.

The inventory cars are turning over fast. Two days ago I noticed 4 S90Ds and went back last night to look and compare to what I paid for mine and all 4 were gone. They do have more of the small pack cars in inventory. I suspect they have been selling more 60s and 75s than 90s lately from the comments seen on the forum. 6 months ago the 90D was about 2/3 of all Model S sales, but it's probably down to less than half now with a lot more smaller pack cars sold. With the supercharger network filling out, there is probably less range anxiety and more people are opting for higher optioned small pack cars or getting a base model just to get a Tesla.
I have a MS60D on order- The Configuration price is $82,700. I've paid Deposit and Trade-in, but have not yet"bought" the car. Does anyone think there is room to negotiate a better deal - to take advantage of the firesafe of inventory cars depressing the market a bit? I asked if they would include two-years of Service (denied). What would be reasonable to ask for?

I have a MS60D on order- The Configuration price is $82,700. I've paid Deposit and Trade-in, but have not yet"bought" the car. Does anyone think there is room to negotiate a better deal - to take advantage of the firesafe of inventory cars depressing the market a bit? I asked if they would include two-years of Service (denied). What would be reasonable to ask for?

Tell them you want to cancel. They'll ask why, and you tell them its because cars are being sold at incredible discounts right now that were never made available to you. Then you sit back and listen.

Reactions: ApauloThirteen
Can anyone comment on if these discounts stipulated that car must be taken delivery before the end of the month? I'm seriously considering hopping on an inventory car, but there is no way I can take delivery before the month ends.

Also, is the 24 month lease promotion officially over? I still see lease quotes showing up as 24 month terms, but thought that ended mid-September.

The deal is still on but delivery needs to happen by the end of this month according to my OA. Also, it seems Tesla pulled a ton of inventory cars because they didn't expect the volume they received in orders and are now struggling to keep up with the delivery schedule.

The DS doesn't have any latitude with the prices but they can look through inventory and find you a better deal. Just ask nicely. You can also talk to an owner's advisor. Lots of posts about people getting much better cars than they ordered. A couple days ago Tesla dumped a whole lot of cars into inventory, then removed 400 of them, so I'm sure your DS or OA can find a good one.

Tell them you want to cancel. They'll ask why, and you tell them its because cars are being sold at incredible discounts right now that were never made available to you. Then you sit back and listen.

But has anyone successfully done this (Get a discount just because)? Because if so this is yet another arguing point to add to the argument. To so called fair industry disrupting sales model

Can anyone comment on if these discounts stipulated that car must be taken delivery before the end of the month? I'm seriously considering hopping on an inventory car, but there is no way I can take delivery before the month ends.

Also, is the 24 month lease promotion officially over? I still see lease quotes showing up as 24 month terms, but thought that ended mid-September.
I think that the large showroom discount may still apply even if you don't take delivery before the end of the month, but my OA said that he could only waive the Delivery and Doc fees if I was able to accept delivery before the end of the month. I can't imagine that they could asvertise the discounted price for an inventory car, accept your deposit for an inventory car at that price, and then reneg on that deal if you couldn't accept delivery before the end of the month. The waiver of the delivery and Doc fees, by contrast, are not publicly advertised. Of course, I could be wrong and others may have better information as I made it clear that I was willing to accept delivery next week so the question was rendered moot in my case.

But has anyone successfully done this (Get a discount just because)? Because if so this is yet another arguing point to add to the argument. To so called fair industry disrupting sales model
I did something similar. I was to take delivery of a model S 60 yesterday. Well the morning of this appointment I found out about the Firesale and found 3 cars identical to mine with 75 Kwh battery upgrade. for Basically $2,000.00 more. So I asked my DS to sell me my car with the 75 Kwh upgrade on it. He referred me back to the sales office cuase according to him he had no authority. The request went to the regional sales manager and they denied my request. They said I could buy the model S 75 but I would loose my deposit. Well that didn't set well with me. So I complained. Then two hours later they offered me to waive the destinatioon fees on the new 75, but again would keep my deposit. After a long and heated discussion, I finally told them to keep my deposit that if Tesla really thinks treating a customer like this is a good business move, I would rather drive a different car. I also told them I would not be silent about this treatment. Well about 15 minutes later I get a phone call and guess what no issues. Sure we can transfer your deposit towards the new 75 sorry it was a misunderstanding ( I think NOT) it was a greedy move by a regional manager.

• Informative
Reactions: number12
I think it would be reasonable for you to ask them to give you a 75Kwh upgrade for $2,000.00. After all its just a software upgrade. No hardware is involved other than a new badge. Good Luck.

Please don't say greedy. You are buying these cars for less than it costs the company to make them. They are in a very serious situation to get future investment, and they are doing things they know will hurt them in the long run because they must show they can deliver near their claim. No one is greedy here...they are trying to survive.
Ok I agree with your opinion. But the bottom line is I gave them a deposit. On a car purchase and I upgraded that car to a 75. I was not walking away from buying a car I was just upgrading and taking advantage of the firesale. So in my opinion this was a win win for all, By the way the car I was to take possession was not even the car I had ordered. My original car was never built, Fremont asked my if I would take a standing inventory vehicle and I agreed. No pentalties when they want to give you an inventory car. But when I decided to change to another MS75 all of a sudden they want to punish me for it. by keeping my deposit. Then have the guts to ask me to buy the 75 after taking my deposit. JUST VENTING

Reactions: u00mem9
I did something similar. I was to take delivery of a model S 60 yesterday. Well the morning of this appointment I found out about the Firesale and found 3 cars identical to mine with 75 Kwh battery upgrade. for Basically $2,000.00 more. So I asked my DS to sell me my car with the 75 Kwh upgrade on it. He referred me back to the sales office cuase according to him he had no authority. The request went to the regional sales manager and they denied my request. They said I could buy the model S 75 but I would loose my deposit. Well that didn't set well with me. So I complained. Then two hours later they offered me to waive the destinatioon fees on the new 75, but again would keep my deposit. After a long and heated discussion, I finally told them to keep my deposit that if Tesla really thinks treating a customer like this is a good business move, I would rather drive a different car. I also told them I would not be silent about this treatment. Well about 15 minutes later I get a phone call and guess what no issues. Sure we can transfer your deposit towards the new 75 sorry it was a misunderstanding ( I think NOT) it was a greedy move by a regional manager.
so u are now buying a new 75 at the stated MSRP (no discount), but NOT the inventory 75 that is in discount, correct?

I agree they needed to accommodate your situation, and I'm sorry it took so much haggling. But we are all on this forum because we love the cars, and I have fear for their future when people shopping in October don't buy since they are not able to get the screaming deal they could have gotten this month.

This is the BS the big 3 have done for years, and it's big trouble when your customers are so used to huge discounts that they think they are getting screwed any time they are asked to pay full price. For all Tesla's condescending talk, look at them stacking them deep and selling them cheap!

on tesla.com, it looks like there are only 4 Model S available...? I know this isn't right, but it's confusing.

I took a look into this. It looks like they are doing some things on their site. My Tesla page is VERY slow to load and the rest of their site is slow.

We saw them remove 400 cars yesterday. So my guess is that they are updating files.are still showing 473 cars in their file, however the individual car detail pages are all redirecting to order a new one.

Thanks Erik

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Informative
Reactions: ggnykk