TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Brand new 75D, rattling and noises

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by zentage, Oct 5, 2017.

1. zentage

zentage Member

3 weeks old 75D and already getting annoying rattles.
    Perhaps someone could enlighten me as to what the issue could be here.

I have two different problems:

1: Rattle from B-pillar, very consistent, typically occurs when driving through curves, over bumps and hard tarmac. Tried putting some velcro in the belt opening to no avail.

2: this is a bit of a mystery for me, it never occurs on my morning commute (making the B-pillar rattle much more annoying). This only happends in the afternoon so Im guessing the outside temp has something to do with it. Its tiny crackling sounds that occurs from BOTH A pillars and over the entire headliner area (like 6-7 different spots) - quite embarrasing actually.

2. mandersen

mandersen Member

Try this for the B-Pillar B Pillar Rattle Solved 2017 Model S (with PICS)

3. JasJ

JasJ Member

The Service center fixed my B-pillar rattle (likely the AP 2.0 camera wire there). Hint: Get them to fix/check both as initially only the driver side was rattling... the passenger side started a month later.

4. jelloslug

jelloslug Active Member

The one in the headliner is most likely the styrofoam inserts on the back of the headliner rubbing the metal structure. The fix for that is to remove the sunvisors and visor clips, pull the front of the headliner down and then put felt tape over the styrofoam. Or you could just have the service center do it.

5. zentage

zentage Member

Thank you, very logical explanations. not sure if I wanna give it a go myself, but at least it dosent sound too difficult for a techinican to fix

6. jelloslug

jelloslug Active Member

At the very least you can point the tech in the right direction. I fixed it myself on mine mostly because the service center is 100 miles away.

7. agloutney

agloutney Member

I did the B pillar fix as described in that post but it didn't solve the rattle. Mine seems to be coming from the upper B pillar. I did get the Upper trim piece off but didn't see anything obvious that was accessible. It's on the to do list for my next service visit.

8. zentage

zentage Member

Of course, I live about 10miles from SC, so I will head down there on monday to schedule an appointment (calling them is useless).

Btw, my B-pillar rattle seems to be coming from the upper part aswell. Perhaps its the camera bracket or something.