Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bump to 325 mi range and 5% power

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hmmm. What is the firmware that will increase power/performance? And what happens to all the people with "Enhanced Auto Pilot"? FSD price increased. Also, no longer able to add on FSD via website... This will be interesting.

Yes, interesting - is it new hardware or a software tweak? Or both? If it's software, will it be included in a future download for the rest of us?

Off topic, but I think I might prefer the look of the cloth seats to the leatherette (or whatever they call the faux stuff) in our 3s?

Hmmm. What is the firmware that will increase power/performance? And what happens to all the people with "Enhanced Auto Pilot"? FSD price increased. Also, no longer able to add on FSD via website... This will be interesting.

More #fakerange! woohoo. Serious though. Now I can go 325miles at 40mph

What fake range? You don't need to go 40mph on an LR RWD to get 325 miles... Can't go 80mph uphill in the cold, but in the summer, I was getting better than that doing 70 on the freeways in central CA. That was with AC going (221watts per mile average for my commute which was a 20%/80% mix of Streets/Freeway).

What fake range? You don't need to go 40mph on an LR RWD to get 325 miles... Can't go 80mph uphill in the cold, but in the summer, I was getting better than that doing 70 on the freeways in central CA. That was with AC going (221watts per mile average for my commute which was a 20%/80% mix of Streets/Freeway).

Yes, I know you can easily get more than 310 miles in an LR RWD. I'm happy my car can do this.
However Tesla is not going to make the car get more range than it already has, just make it seem like it car go farther with a firmware update... but I'll eat my hat if the extra range is actually a real efficiency boost in the AC motor.

Yes, I know you can easily get more than 310 miles in an LR RWD. I'm happy my car can do this.
However Tesla is not going to make the car get more range than it already has, just make it seem like it car go farther with a firmware update... but I'll eat my hat if the extra range is actually a real efficiency boost in the AC motor.

I will preface this with I did not see the announcement, but I don't believe they are giving us extra range, they are simply going with the EPA range and not their own dumbed down range to make all 3 original model 3s look like they got identical range. For the LR RWD only, of course.