Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I received my VIN this afternoon! (guess my complaining post here brought me some luck)

MYLR, 5 seats, white interior, no FSD. RN1157

Finally, after 6 months waiting.

Hope you guys get yours soon!
You ordered a couple months ahead of me, I am 12/14 OD. So a couple months is about what I’m expecting. Congrats on the VIN! And may the next few days pass in a blink!

Me too. Twice. Got bumped on the 5th and 20th, both 1 day into the EDD window. Current EDD is 4/27-5/25, after the last two were 2-week windows. Getting the feeling that my best chance may be for the next EOQ push.

Thanks for sharing guys... that means the narrowing windows doesn't necessarily mean much. Our CA orders probably won't see deliveries until the EOQ push then... darn.
Yeah, my hope is EOQ push as well, especially since I’m a Fremont pickup. The EDD is literally a joke. It’s always showed within a month for the last 4 months. Been in two week windows for 2 months. Maybe once it drops below 2 week window, that might indicate something.

I’ll be in my current EDD window tomorrow.

I had a MSM MYLR with order date 11/6. It has been slowly slipping farther and farther out. It finally got to Sept - Oct range. I decided to do the MYP secret edit-design mentioned around here and after a week it jumped back to April 30 to May 14. So there is that.

Of course crap the market has been tanking and I need to sell funds to pay for it but at least I am paying last falls price for a MYP and not the current price.

Reactions: Winning Guy
I put a deposit down on a Model Y Long Range earlier this month. Estimated delivery Oct 2022-Jan 2023. Not 100% sure I will go with a Tesla but the $250 is worth it just to get in line in case we end up wanting one. The delayed time frame works fine for me. Car will be mainly for my wife to drive so final decision will depend on what she likes. We will have to do some test drives for sure as she is 4'8" tall so not all cars work. She currently has been driving a Lexus RX450h for years so that new electric Lexus Crossover might be a possibility. The front of that one seems less hideous than the current Lexus models. Also the Ionic 5 might be worth a look. Who know what the car market will be like next fall/winter!

Congratulations !!! hope you will get your car in 3-4 days. After taking your delivery, can you please come back on this group and let us know about the Home charger situation?
I am also looking around and got some quotes for NEMA 14-50 installation for around $750, I don't know if this is overpriced in the bay area. They said I have an old panel and need a new breaker.

Also, do you know if there's any rebate from PGE if I install the tesla wall connector? I know they do in 2021, but not sure about 2022.

Just got pushed out 4 days but to a 2 week window, 5/3 - 5/17. MYLR7 MSM and 20 inch wheels. August 2021 OD
Good luck. The 7-seater waiting room is even more depressing than my two other waiting room threads... I can't believe there are people who ordered a 7-seater back in Jan. 2021 still waiting for their deliveries... Given your OD and your EDD, I guess I do need to revise my expectations to either Q3, or even Q4 of 2022. EDD for 5-seater MYLRs are already sporadic but 7-seaters are downright ridiculous... Sigh...

Reactions: usklx
Has anyone experienced making changes using the "edit order trick" and getting a different EDD? I'm thinking about changing wheels from Gemini to Induction, but at the same time don't want my EDD to be pushed out further than it already is... If it were to change the EDD to sooner that would be awesome.

I am also looking around and got some quotes for NEMA 14-50 installation for around $750, I don't know if this is overpriced in the bay area. They said I have an old panel and need a new breaker.

Also, do you know if there's any rebate from PGE if I install the tesla wall connector? I know they do in 2021, but not sure about 2022.
The price depends on a few factors. A new breaker is almost a given on any installation.

Biggest factors are distance, wire size/length, and accessibility. Will space need to be made in the panel, etc.

Best case scenario you can cut that price in half, if it’s super simple and a short run. It’s at least a couple hours of labor, and probably $100 in materials.

PGE doesn’t seem to have much for rebates. Only one I found is for a couple thousand households and income dependent. PG&E Empower EV program

Reactions: BruceLLLLL
Has anyone experienced making changes using the "edit order trick" and getting a different EDD? I'm thinking about changing wheels from Gemini to Induction, but at the same time don't want my EDD to be pushed out further than it already is... If it were to change the EDD to sooner that would be awesome.
Based on what I've seen so far, other than changes to MYP from MYLR, or adding FSD to order, nothing else has positively impacted the EDD. The only constant with EDD is change, for better or worse. :D

Reactions: t1m1t
The price depends on a few factors. A new breaker is almost a given on any installation.

Biggest factors are distance, wire size/length, and accessibility. Will space need to be made in the panel, etc.

Best case scenario you can cut that price in half, if it’s super simple and a short run. It’s at least a couple hours of labor, and probably $100 in materials.

PGE doesn’t seem to have much for rebates. Only one I found is for a couple thousand households and income dependent. PG&E Empower EV program
You mean like 400? Wow that's much cheaper.

Mine only needs 10-15 feet wire. I guess most of the cost comes from the old panel, but since they won't replace it, that shouldn't add too much either.

Will try to see if I can get a 500-550 quote.

You mean like 400? Wow that's much cheaper.

Mine only needs 10-15 feet wire. I guess most of the cost comes from the old panel, but since they won't replace it, that shouldn't add too much either.

Will try to see if I can get a 500-550 quote.
If you’re bid included getting a permit then 750 is probably right. If it just involved doing the work without a permit, you can probably get a better deal. That being said, I would highly recommend pulling a permit, have it be included in the price, and go from there.

Do you have any recommended electricians? I see you also from bay area.
If you can wait until next month, you can check out Safe Electric in Fremont. The owner/electrician was out recovering from surgery, but on Yelp it says he’s reopening May 17. Honest and fair prices. Doesn’t try to upsell. He did some major repairs on a rental for me, and I was very pleased with results.