Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congratulations! I have to ask though, how did you get a car in under a month? Wondering if you have any insight. Was it sheer luck? Maybe the FSD option? Or did you buy your SA a coffee or two? 😄
Not sure either, maybe a combination of someone cancelling + I live next to the factory + FSD + MYP + white interior? I do know they prioritize the higher end models, but the rest is probably just luck. That or someone didn't want this one cuz it does have some rattling issues that need to get looked into lol. But I've already scheduled service for it.

Reactions: Socalfarmhouse
Thanks, and congrats on the VIN! The waiting game is definitely rough.. OD 11/27/21 MYLR White/Black 19” No tow/FSD.
That is true... but when you get VIN, things move at lightening speed. They don't give time to even transfer money from one account to another for Cashiers check etc. When I took my delivery of Model 3, it was like that and I'm sure they will do same trick with Model Y too.

Last edited:
Hi All, I am in a tricky scenario. I have a MY LR red with black interior, Gemini wheels, and no tow no FSD ordered 10/21. This order was placed in NJ and in the 9 months of waiting I had to relocate to CA Bay Area. I had my order updated delivery location to Bay Area as soon as I learnt the about the move (April). After a lot of EDD changes, currently my EDD is Aug-22 to Sept 26th. I just moved to the Bay Area in July and will need to get my current car (Audi) registered here, if I don't trade it in/sell timely. My gut tells me that the EDD will move again. I am wondering should I pay and get the current car registered?even if the EDD is late Sept I won't have my permanent plates. Going through all the DMV process to only trade or sell is not worth it. I am just annoyed and feel like switching to a Performance version (the wheels have kept me away from switching) and get done with this waiting game :\ . Any suggestions appreciated.

for those who received the cars, do you guys had any plastic cover on the touch screen or elsewhere?
I just realized that upon my delivery day I did not have the screen film on my MYLR. I just realized after watch other delivery day videos on YT.
Minor thing but just curious.

MYP - 5 seater - Black exterior - White interior - 21" Überturbine - Tow - FSD

Order Date: 5/13

EDD 1: July 28-Sep 1
EDD 2: (updated on July 17): July 27-Aug 10
EDD 3: (updated on July 24): July 29-Aug 10
EDD 4: (updated on July 30th): August 25 - September 29. This inspired me to change from black interior to white interior and add tow hitch.
EDD 5: (updated on August 4th): August 15 - August 29.

Delivery Location: Los Angeles, CA

Still, no VIN yet.

Woke up today, the 4th to an updated delivery date of August 15 - August 29.

I have a really good feeling about this estimate based on everybody’s data.

And now home delivery scheduled for 8/18. Seems like 2 weeks from vin to home delivery from Fremont to southern california is a long time, but oh well. My last car it took less than a week from vin to delivery.
I'm also in Orange County, home delivery scheduled for Aug 13. Did you have an option to pick up from a delivery center? My car is supposed to arrive at the Irvine DC on Saturday, August 6, but they never gave me an option to pick up before the 13th in person. I'm going to be messaging a lot starting the 6th so I can just go get it lol

I'm also in Orange County, home delivery scheduled for Aug 13. Did you have an option to pick up from a delivery center? My car is supposed to arrive at the Irvine DC on Saturday, August 6, but they never gave me an option to pick up before the 13th in person. I'm going to be messaging a lot starting the 6th so I can just go get it lol
my app only gave me home delivery and only gave me one date and time slot. But i did get a text stating this is an estimate and it could arrive earlier, and if it does, they will contact me to re-schedule. If you call the service center directly, they can switch it to pickup for you. However, from what i have been seeing from others, it seems the options given are to just do pickup at the same date/time as the home delivery. But give them a call. From what i understand from prior deliveries, once a care gets to a center, there is a few days process for them to do intake, inspect, and get the car "ready" for delivery/pickup, but who knows.

Reactions: viper689
MMYLR - 5 delivered today at 11 AM. Minor problems like a small paint dent, minor panel gaps. But we discovered a big hairline crack kind of thing on roof during inspection. As per Delivery boy its paint, but I disagreed with him. Service requests have been filed for all these problems. Hope they fix all of them. Thank you all for sharing information during this whole painful process from order to delivery.

Reactions: EasyPal