TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

California HOV Sticker Photos.....Show your placement

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by insaneoctane, May 23, 2018.

1. IAmNotARoleMdl

Here are my placements...

Attached Files:

• Funny x 1
    • Love x 1
  2. brucet999

brucet999 Active Member

How did you get stickers without first getting plates?

Wherever you put them, get them put onto clear film so they can be easily and cleanly removed in case of body work or after they expire.

3. BrianBradford

BrianBradford Member

Boo these stickers are gonna look like big giant red pimples on my white car.

• Like x 1
  4. insaneoctane

insaneoctane Active Member

Plates first. Then stickers.

5. jtrinhsta

jtrinhsta Member

I like this placements, are you using magnets?

6. jtrinhsta

jtrinhsta Member

7. ebmcs03

ebmcs03 Active Member

Yea. Can totally tell.

8. ebmcs03

ebmcs03 Active Member

They don’t look that bad.

Attached Files:

9. insaneoctane

insaneoctane Active Member

Kinda think they do. Not your fault though!

• Funny x 2
  10. brianmeow

brianmeow Member

where ddid you get those magnets?

11. ebmcs03

ebmcs03 Active Member

12. David L

David L Member

Without any action on my part, the CA DMV sent me an updated certificate for my red HOV decals extending the the original end of 2018 expiration date to the end of 2021. So for those of you who were worried that you'd have to apply new stickers in 2019, it doesn't seem to be the case. Make sure to look for it in your mailbox!

13. brianmeow

brianmeow Member

14. ebmcs03

ebmcs03 Active Member

I prefer the clear bra method. It sticks on much better and everyone knows about the ugly red stickers. I’m not ashamed of them.

15. SJC3

SJC3 Member

Sometimes CA really surprises me. Kudos to them for once.

16. Shygar

Shygar Member

I just got mine too for both of my vehicles (Model 3 and Pacifica Hybrid). Certificate now expires Jan 2022.

17. IAmNotARoleMdl

18. pandam3

pandam3 Member

45FAE385-C674-4F4B-9598-2F39A9771245.jpeg Why can’t someone make a plate attachment for the stickers? Kinda like how some places like Hawaii has a seperate attachment for the registration tags. I’d just stick the rear sticker there and then have the rest of the stickers on magnets incase I run into a cop that wants to abuse his authority.

Front plate would be a challenge cause if it is too wide it might affect sensors, however it can have an attachment below the plate in front of the grill.

That being said, I’ve been starring at my red stickers on the counter thinking if I should just put them on and save 10 minutes on my daily commute. Autopilot already takes all the stress out of driving in traffic.

If I do put them on, for the rear bumper, should I make them even and level with the ground? Or even and parallel with the body lines on the bumper?

19. SoCalMom

SoCalMom Member

#59 SoCalMom, Aug 30, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2018
    We mounted our sticker on a piece of PPF first. Then I used a small piece of painters tape to play around with the placement before we removed the PPF backing for the final placement.

Also if you really want to be thorough, after you decide on your placement, use some more painters tape to mark off some guidelines to use for when you actually stick it on. The good thing about the PPF is that it allows you to readjust the positioning if you mess up.

20. Eno Deb

Eno Deb Member

Or CA could simply issue special plates like some other states do. But no, we have to stick not one, not two, but FOUR of those bright red monstrosities on our cars. :mad:

I'm going to wait until January before I apply for my stickers. Not only will I be able to use them about 8 months longer, but I'm also hoping they at least change to a more reasonable color (like blue or black).

• Like x 1