Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California HOV Sticker Photos.....Show your placement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here are my placements...

Attachments

• 9F678D7A-6F28-49EA-A25D-5B883334F7E9.jpeg
    9F678D7A-6F28-49EA-A25D-5B883334F7E9.jpeg
    416.7 KB · Views: 1,208
I'm trying to decide which sticker location looks best (least worst). I'd love it if you would share your choice so I can see which locations I'd be willing to put it on mine. Please upload a few different angles of your car if possible.

I'm personally NOT going to follow the DMV suggested locations and I'm also (probably) only going to use a single sticker. I'm not sure if that will be the big or small one yet, it depends on how this thread goes.

Here's Joe's suggestion from OCDetailing. It's not a great photo and doesn't really help "see it" since he's in the way.

sticker.jpg
How did you get stickers without first getting plates?

Wherever you put them, get them put onto clear film so they can be easily and cleanly removed in case of body work or after they expire.

Reactions: beachmiles
Without any action on my part, the CA DMV sent me an updated certificate for my red HOV decals extending the the original end of 2018 expiration date to the end of 2021. So for those of you who were worried that you'd have to apply new stickers in 2019, it doesn't seem to be the case. Make sure to look for it in your mailbox!

Without any action on my part, the CA DMV sent me an updated certificate for my red HOV decals extending the the original end of 2018 expiration date to the end of 2021. So for those of you who were worried that you'd have to apply new stickers in 2019, it doesn't seem to be the case. Make sure to look for it in your mailbox!
Sometimes CA really surprises me. Kudos to them for once.

I just got mine too for both of my vehicles (Model 3 and Pacifica Hybrid). Certificate now expires Jan 2022.

45FAE385-C674-4F4B-9598-2F39A9771245.jpeg
Why can’t someone make a plate attachment for the stickers? Kinda like how some places like Hawaii has a seperate attachment for the registration tags. I’d just stick the rear sticker there and then have the rest of the stickers on magnets incase I run into a cop that wants to abuse his authority.

Front plate would be a challenge cause if it is too wide it might affect sensors, however it can have an attachment below the plate in front of the grill.

That being said, I’ve been starring at my red stickers on the counter thinking if I should just put them on and save 10 minutes on my daily commute. Autopilot already takes all the stress out of driving in traffic.

If I do put them on, for the rear bumper, should I make them even and level with the ground? Or even and parallel with the body lines on the bumper?

If I do put them on, for the rear bumper, should I make them even and level with the ground? Or even and parallel with the body lines on the bumper?

We mounted our sticker on a piece of PPF first. Then I used a small piece of painters tape to play around with the placement before we removed the PPF backing for the final placement.

Also if you really want to be thorough, after you decide on your placement, use some more painters tape to mark off some guidelines to use for when you actually stick it on. The good thing about the PPF is that it allows you to readjust the positioning if you mess up.

Last edited:
View attachment 330488 Why can’t someone make a plate attachment for the stickers? Kinda like how some places like Hawaii has a seperate attachment for the registration tags.
Or CA could simply issue special plates like some other states do. But no, we have to stick not one, not two, but FOUR of those bright red monstrosities on our cars. :mad:

I'm going to wait until January before I apply for my stickers. Not only will I be able to use them about 8 months longer, but I'm also hoping they at least change to a more reasonable color (like blue or black).

Reactions: Brian N