Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California HOV Sticker Photos.....Show your placement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
32976184-9D11-4103-BAA0-2BD35AEE28AD.jpeg
3BE772B1-19B2-4758-A31C-40EEAAEC4A85.jpeg
ACD929B3-130C-4039-89CC-3154A82114F7.jpeg
4A25D339-5B42-4F0D-BECD-7716DE266D54.jpeg
34CF8D67-684D-451C-8047-138239116F59.jpeg
Gave in... my wife wanted them on for when she drives:(

Back in the day I used to love putting stickers on cars cause they made the car faster... now they really make the commute faster but I dreaded putting them on. If I where dropped on eibach springs then I would be funny and replace the front sticker with an eibach sticker.

Love the pics guys! It really helped me decide how to best put them on my white M3
I went with OCDetailing suggestion and also used a level to make sure they are parallel to the ground since the bumper lines aren't (yes I'm an engineer!).
I felt if you follow the bumper lines they look crooked from the sides.
Also installed the stickers on clear bra first so they don't leave any VOID mark on the paint later.

These are the best placement I've seen so far. Any issues?

View attachment 331693 View attachment 331692 View attachment 331688 View attachment 331690 View attachment 331691 Gave in... my wife wanted them on for when she drives:(

Back in the day I used to love putting stickers on cars cause they made the car faster... now they really make the commute faster but I dreaded putting them on. If I where dropped on eibach springs then I would be funny and replace the front sticker with an eibach sticker.

This is the best placement IMO. I know it's counterintuitive but it's less noticeable when you put where they're intended.

It sticks out WAY MORE when you put them on the underside of the bumper. It screams that you're trying to hide it which forces my eyes to it.

Will these stick on the Model 3? I'm not sure if the bumper is metal.
I was considering magnets as well. I was going to place it just above the bumper on the metal body and on the back of the trunk.

As OCD as I am I searched in the detailing forums about people putting magnets on the side of their doors for business/ realestate/ etc.

What I found was that 1) if the surface is not completely clean, it can mar the paint and 2) it can cause permanent staining because the magnets can affect the metallic pigments in the paint.

Should be fine if you where just to put it on for a day, but to keep it on for weeks at a time... dunno YMMV.

I was considering magnets as well. I was going to place it just above the bumper on the metal body and on the back of the trunk.

As OCD as I am I searched in the detailing forums about people putting magnets on the side of their doors for business/ realestate/ etc.

What I found was that 1) if the surface is not completely clean, it can mar the paint and 2) it can cause permanent staining because the magnets can affect the metallic pigments in the paint.

Should be fine if you where just to put it on for a day, but to keep it on for weeks at a time... dunno YMMV.
My plan is to only have it on when I plan on using the HOV lanes and take them off as soon as I park my car.

Reactions: SoCalGuy
View attachment 331693 View attachment 331692 View attachment 331688 View attachment 331690 View attachment 331691 Gave in... my wife wanted them on for when she drives:(

Is that a skin or is your rear bumper off colored and eligible for replacement?

It’s off
It’s a little off... worse at some angles and times of day.... but for the most part I don’t notice it.

All the replacements I’ve seen are still a little off.. I’ve seen some end up lighter than the rest of the car. I’d rather have it a shade darker than a shade lighter.

Also I’m waiting for the service center to be less busy. I’ve got a due bill for some other interior items they have to do, but they haven’t even followed up yet and it’s been several months.

Lastly the bumper is already ceramic coated + ppf by the trunk + and now the hov stickers.

Attachments

• 956DA684-583B-489D-9A89-3096C019B2E2.jpeg
    956DA684-583B-489D-9A89-3096C019B2E2.jpeg
    287 KB · Views: 422
Last edited:
It’s off
It’s a little off... worse at some angles and times of day.... but for the most part I don’t notice it.

All the replacements I’ve seen are still a little off.. I’ve seen some end up lighter than the rest of the car. I’d rather have it a shade darker than a shade lighter.

Also I’m waiting for the service center to be less busy. I’ve got a due bill for some other interior items they have to do, but they haven’t even followed up yet.

Lastly the bumper is already ceramic coated + ppf by the trunk + and now the hov stickers.