TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

California HOV Sticker Photos.....Show your placement

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by insaneoctane, May 23, 2018.

1. pandam3

pandam3 Member

32976184-9D11-4103-BAA0-2BD35AEE28AD.jpeg 3BE772B1-19B2-4758-A31C-40EEAAEC4A85.jpeg ACD929B3-130C-4039-89CC-3154A82114F7.jpeg 4A25D339-5B42-4F0D-BECD-7716DE266D54.jpeg 34CF8D67-684D-451C-8047-138239116F59.jpeg Gave in... my wife wanted them on for when she drives:(

Back in the day I used to love putting stickers on cars cause they made the car faster... now they really make the commute faster but I dreaded putting them on. If I where dropped on eibach springs then I would be funny and replace the front sticker with an eibach sticker.

• Like x 2
  2. P85_DA

P85_DA Supporting Member

:eek::(:(:(:(:(

3. trojaneen

trojaneen Member

We already have an extension through 2022. The new certificate arrived from the DMV last.

• Informative x 1
  4. jgd108

jgd108 Member

Dude you are quoting my post from 4 months ago, LOL.

Putting them as low as possible is still the best bet.

5. ebmcs03

ebmcs03 Active Member

Or what if they do what DMV has been doing?

Keep red until 2022 and then have people who are eligible reapply for new stickers when the red expires? LoL

Illogical. But that’s the govt. illogical.

6. marymcc

marymcc Member

These are the best placement I've seen so far. Any issues?

7. mytez

mytez New Member

I went with the small stickers only on the right rear bumper and right rear panel. No need for front or left since a cop will never be in carpool lane on my left nor will I get pulled over from in front.

8. duy.duck

duy.duck Member

can anyone link to the PPF the used for the HOV stickers?

9. pandam3

pandam3 Member

I got mine from rpm Tesla

10. ebmcs03

ebmcs03 Active Member

11. marymcc

marymcc Member

• Like x 1
  12. psykobunny83

psykobunny83 Member

I can't believe this is actually real! It reminds me of when you get in an accident and the collision centre puts the sticker on your car to show you brought it in. I will never complain about my Ontario green licence plate again lol.

13. robski

robski Member

This is the best placement IMO. I know it's counterintuitive but it's less noticeable when you put where they're intended.

It sticks out WAY MORE when you put them on the underside of the bumper. It screams that you're trying to hide it which forces my eyes to it.

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
  14. trojaneen

trojaneen Member

I didn’t read your post, but we just received our extension last week. Apparently, you received your extension long before we did. Congratulations.

15. chronopc

chronopc Active Member

Will these stick on the Model 3? I'm not sure if the bumper is metal.

16. pandam3

pandam3 Member

I was considering magnets as well. I was going to place it just above the bumper on the metal body and on the back of the trunk.

As OCD as I am I searched in the detailing forums about people putting magnets on the side of their doors for business/ realestate/ etc.

What I found was that 1) if the surface is not completely clean, it can mar the paint and 2) it can cause permanent staining because the magnets can affect the metallic pigments in the paint.

Should be fine if you where just to put it on for a day, but to keep it on for weeks at a time... dunno YMMV.

17. chronopc

chronopc Active Member

My plan is to only have it on when I plan on using the HOV lanes and take them off as soon as I park my car.

18. pancakes213

pancakes213 Member

Is that a skin or is your rear bumper off colored and eligible for replacement?

19. pandam3

pandam3 Member

#79 pandam3, Sep 8, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2018
    It’s off
    It’s a little off... worse at some angles and times of day.... but for the most part I don’t notice it.

All the replacements I’ve seen are still a little off.. I’ve seen some end up lighter than the rest of the car. I’d rather have it a shade darker than a shade lighter.

Also I’m waiting for the service center to be less busy. I’ve got a due bill for some other interior items they have to do, but they haven’t even followed up yet and it’s been several months.

Lastly the bumper is already ceramic coated + ppf by the trunk + and now the hov stickers.

Attached Files:

20. pandam3

pandam3 Member

It’s off
    It’s a little off... worse at some angles and times of day.... but for the most part I don’t notice it.

All the replacements I’ve seen are still a little off.. I’ve seen some end up lighter than the rest of the car. I’d rather have it a shade darker than a shade lighter.

Also I’m waiting for the service center to be less busy. I’ve got a due bill for some other interior items they have to do, but they haven’t even followed up yet.

Lastly the bumper is already ceramic coated + ppf by the trunk + and now the hov stickers.