TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

California HOV Sticker Photos.....Show your placement

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by insaneoctane, May 23, 2018.

1. IAmNotARoleMdl

I place them above the plastic bumper on the metal body panel. I also Have them on when using HOV and take them off right after. Hope this helps.

• Informative x 1
  2. chronopc

chronopc Active Member

Do they stick on pretty well? Do I need to worry about them falling off at high speeds?

Also, where did you place the one in front?

3. cali_doc

cali_doc Member

I thought because the car is aluminum that magnet stickers won’t stick to the car? If this works I’m all over this!!!

4. chronopc

chronopc Active Member

The model 3 has a lot of steel. Based on the comments on this thread it seems like the magnet option is viable. I'm waiting for my HOV stickers to arrive to try it out.

5. IAmNotARoleMdl

They will not fall off. Been driving with them on everyday during my commute without any issues.

6. davekr

davekr Member

7. eshin922

eshin922 New Member

What kind of spoiler is that? RPM?

8. pandam3

pandam3 Member

It’s from RPM

9. SoundDaTrumpet

I decided to document a how to guide. One can be quite opinionated on this. Please be nice. My approach with new lavender-colored decal with thick white border presents two elements of “color” and “contrast” (photo/graphic design terminology) impacts decal placement... mixed in with use of open space and aligning to physical features. I believe mounting too low draws the eye to the undercarriage of the vehicle. I feel it takes time to process that it’s a decal and not foreign debris. Anyhow, I hope this help the OCD types like me.

82473253-D48A-4ADA-BB5E-0160B938402F.jpeg B9E8FAC0-3FAC-4340-B274-11783B24EE1B.jpeg 5C9F4F5F-E3C5-4012-96FE-269827294ADC.jpeg FD09EB84-5A7E-4034-9511-AB9427A5FC97.jpeg

• Helpful x 1
  10. desuma

desuma Member

THANK YOU!

I’m awaiting my terrible purple decals and seeing the various messy applications on other Model 3s makes my eyes bleed. I’m ok putting them on and I just want it to look right!