Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California VINs: are you still waiting?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Man I just can't bring myself to say that waiting for a VIN sucks, after waiting two years for an invite. I'll certainly raise an eyebrow after six weeks with no VIN but yeah, patience has been beat into me.

Yah you have a point, after waiting 2 years for a invite, 6 weeks VIN shouldn't be a issue, its more of a " so close I can taste it " type of thing. I should stop reading up on the car and wait for delivery of the car to enjoy it.

Man I just can't bring myself to say that waiting for a VIN sucks, after waiting two years for an invite. I'll certainly raise an eyebrow after six weeks with no VIN but yeah, patience has been beat into me.

Excellent point - good to retain perspective. For me, I've got a week or two until my charger install is done (home was built in 1939, so a bit more than plug and play involved), so there's no real urgency here. Nonetheless, it would be nice to be able to push that peddle down soon. **sigh**

I called Tesla for the 2nd time this morning and got a call back from my ISA within the hour (first time talking to ISA). Later in the afternoon, my ISA informed me that the car had just arrived at the delivery center. I'm scheduled to pick it up this coming Monday. It seems like Tesla doesn't provide much notice before delivery, so make sure to get everything in order once you're assigned a VIN.

Last edited:
I called Tesla for the 2nd time this morning and got a call back from my ISA within the hour (first time talking to ISA). Later in the afternoon, my ISA informed me that the car had just arrived at the delivery center. I'm scheduled to pick it up this coming Monday. It seems like Tesla doesn't provide much notice before delivery, so make sure to get everything in order once you're assigned a VIN.
I saw your car sitting at the 5600 kearny mesa location. It came on the same truck as mine, I was supposed to pick up monday too.

They called me today. Original delivery schedule was for Thursday due to trade-in. They moved it up to Tuesday when I said no trade-in. I got my MVPA within one hour. So yes there are not providing much notice for those of us on the West Coast.

I saw your car sitting at the 5600 kearny mesa location. It came on the same truck as mine, I was supposed to pick up monday too.

I've been following your thread and nervously checking my account to make sure Tesla didn't "lose" my VIN. Hopefully, it's just a system glitch and you'll be able to pick up on Monday, too. And if it turns out to be a known build issue, then I suppose it's better to be assigned another car than to take delivery and then have to drop it off for repairs soon afterward.

They called me today. Original delivery schedule was for Thursday due to trade-in. They moved it up to Tuesday when I said no trade-in. I got my MVPA within one hour. So yes there are not providing much notice for those of us on the West Coast.

I also had an optional trade-in, but my ISA stated it wouldn't cause any delay. I was impressed with how quickly they handled the appraisal. I took some pictures and got a value so quickly (~10 minutes) that it seemed like an automated system had generated the value. I then e-mailed my ISA a higher CarMax offer, called him to set up a delivery time, and got everything confirmed two hours later.