Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just took delivery of our blue model Y LR today from Lawrence location and the experience is great! The car is flawless inside out and the process is really simple and efficient. A few notes:

1, No refreshed headlights;
1, No passenger lumbar support for our 183XXX VIN;
2, Front mudflaps and back PPF are installed.

The driving is so much better than the MB CLC we replaced. For the people still waiting, hope you will get yours soon and it really worth the wait!

Attachments

• mmexport1622914814136.jpg
    mmexport1622914814136.jpg
    589 KB · Views: 69
  • mmexport1622914819029.jpg
    mmexport1622914819029.jpg
    599.6 KB · Views: 59
  • mmexport1622914821975.jpg
    mmexport1622914821975.jpg
    431.7 KB · Views: 58
  • mmexport1622914825943.jpg
    mmexport1622914825943.jpg
    583 KB · Views: 49
Just took delivery of our blue model Y LR today from Lawrence location and the experience is great! The car is flawless inside out and the process is really simple and efficient. A few notes:

1, No refreshed headlights;
1, No passenger lumbar support for our 183XXX VIN;
2, Front mudflaps and back PPF are installed.

The driving is so much better than the MB CLC we replaced. For the people still waiting, hope you will get yours soon and it really worth the wait!

Forgot to update… Ordered MYP on April 15 got a text on May 31st that my car was on it’s way. Scheduled pickup for June 10 and got my VIN on June 3rd. Almost done with this nightmare😂
Thanks for sharing

Reactions: Danzel
Today I got a text message from Tesla for delivery schedule while my VIN was still hidden from order page. The text message didn't offer choices but directly dictated a date and time as my delivery schedule, and asked me to confirm it. After my confirmation, the VIN showed up in my order page for the first time, together with the delivery schedule.

Today I got a text message from Tesla for delivery schedule while my VIN was still hidden from order page. The text message didn't offer choices but directly dictated a date and time as my delivery schedule, and asked me to confirm it. After my confirmation, the VIN showed up in my order page for the first time, together with the delivery schedule.
When did you order ?

Just took delivery this afternoon in Richmond, BC of our Blue, 7 seater with tow. In BC, it seems only rear ppf (no mudflaps). The ppf was a bit bubbly - will probably have 3rd party reapply. We had two minor alignment gap issues that didn’t affect functionality or fit (as expected, “within spec”). We also had noticeable dents in our 3rd row - we were told to keep an eye on it - if time (Eg a month) didn’t cause it to pop up again, they would replace the part for us.
8E55D8C3-D0BF-46A1-8345-12218311F903.jpeg

All minor issues and nothing that prevented us from taking delivery. We also noticed that the 1-year premium connectivity trial hasn’t quite kicked in yet. Will see if it becomes effective tomorrow.

It’s really fun to drive and we’re excited we have finally joined the Tesla club!

Reactions: yangray and jjgg
Just took delivery this afternoon in Richmond, BC of our Blue, 7 seater with tow. In BC, it seems only rear ppf (no mudflaps). The ppf was a bit bubbly - will probably have 3rd party reapply. We had two minor alignment gap issues that didn’t affect functionality or fit (as expected, “within spec”). We also had noticeable dents in our 3rd row - we were told to keep an eye on it - if time (Eg a month) didn’t cause it to pop up again, they would replace the part for us.View attachment 670449
All minor issues and nothing that prevented us from taking delivery. We also noticed that the 1-year premium connectivity trial hasn’t quite kicked in yet. Will see if it becomes effective tomorrow.

It’s really fun to drive and we’re excited we have finally joined the Tesla club!
Have you asked Tesla if the mudflaps are just missing and they should install them for you? Someone from the east (can't remember if it was Ontario or Quebec) mentioned in other threads that the delivery centre booked a service request to install missing mudflaps. I would probably also try to see if a service request can be created for bubbles in the ppf.

Have you asked Tesla if the mudflaps are just missing and they should install them for you? Someone from the east (can't remember if it was Ontario or Quebec) mentioned in other threads that the delivery centre booked a service request to install missing mudflaps. I would probably also try to see if a service request can be created for bubbles in the ppf.

I helped my bro inlaw pick up his car Saturday. I know the staff very well there, and they said that the PPF is just installed locally at the store before delivery (not at the factory) and the mud flaps are not being provided in BC (now at least I don't need to refund mine).

The car that we picked up was in excellent condition. The only major thing was that there were paint issues on his driver side mirror housing, and they replaced it on the spot.

I helped my bro inlaw pick up his car Saturday. I know the staff very well there, and they said that the PPF is just installed locally at the store before delivery (not at the factory) and the mud flaps are not being provided in BC (now at least I don't need to refund mine).

The car that we picked up was in excellent condition. The only major thing was that there were paint issues on his driver side mirror housing, and they replaced it on the spot.
Yes I figured the mud flaps were only for certain areas in Canada - with the difference in weather between Ontario / Quebec and here, I wasn’t surprised that we didn’t get slated for mud flaps (like you we also had already pre-ordered in preparation for delivery).

thanks for the suggestion! We figured based on North American reports that Tesla is very selective what they include in these test markets and that mud flaps would be higher priority in Ontario / Quebec than here. We already have ppf appt with a local vendor for other parts of the car so perhaps they’ll smooth out the rear for us 🤞

EDD august 9-29 now from June. Tesla Calgary told me if I don’t get a VIN this week to follow up next week. In their system it’s planned for end of June
Csookhoo, I’m in the same boat. Web site updates EDD to Aug 10-30 😱. Two advisors out of Calgary commented to ignore the site as their records indicate VIN assignments for this week as well. And I quote: “unless something extraordinary occurs, you should have your car by the end of June”.

At least our stories are consistent.

Csookhoo, I’m in the same boat. Web site updates EDD to Aug 10-30 😱. Two advisors out of Calgary commented to ignore the site as their records indicate VIN assignments for this week as well. And I quote: “unless something extraordinary occurs, you should have your car by the end of June”.

At least our stories are consistent.
“Unless something extraordinary occurs” haha they just told me the system says but not guaranteed haha. Now my question is are they telling the truth or just telling us this to get us to stop calling

Reactions: David1oh