Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered my Model Y LR on May 8th and took delivery yesterday, June 8th. I picked it up at the Calgary centre and couldn't have been happier with the service and quality. I had no issues with it on delivery. The vehicles are being shipped there in a covered carrier and little risk of any rock chips showing up from the transportation up here. It came with the PPF on the rear panels but no mud flaps. Taking it in today for a full 3M PPF.

Attachments

• tempImageOkZCI1.png
    tempImageOkZCI1.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 202
I helped my bro inlaw pick up his car Saturday. I know the staff very well there, and they said that the PPF is just installed locally at the store before delivery (not at the factory) and the mud flaps are not being provided in BC (now at least I don't need to refund mine).

The car that we picked up was in excellent condition. The only major thing was that there were paint issues on his driver side mirror housing, and they replaced it on the spot.

Yes I figured the mud flaps were only for certain areas in Canada - with the difference in weather between Ontario / Quebec and here, I wasn’t surprised that we didn’t get slated for mud flaps (like you we also had already pre-ordered in preparation for delivery).
I got on a phone call today with my delivery centre to clarify the upcoming delivery on Friday, and indeed got the advisor confirmed that Tesla didn't give mudflaps to BC DCs. They could be running low on PPF either but they will honour the installation of it if it is missing at delivery.

Noticed a new MY LR 7-seat under Existing Inventory Webpage in Toronto and placed order on June 3. SA informed expected to arrive around June 7th but when I recd email to schedule delivery on June 4 the earliest slot it showed was June 11.

“Unless something extraordinary occurs” haha they just told me the system says but not guaranteed haha. Now my question is are they telling the truth or just telling us this to get us to stop calling
haha, hopefully @David1oh gets some good news soon! I drove by the dealer today and the backlot is packed and they keep getting more.
Lol! My fingers are crossed and there’s no ill will here. Happy to see others are getting their cars and even happier to hear there are cars at the dealership! 🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼

I took delivery yesterday in Calgary - ordered April 14. They have lots of new cars, the delivery lot is full.
Indoors delivery. Bring a flashlight it helps a lot. No cosmetics issues. Slight misalignment on the backlight that's hardly noticeable.
VIN 183### - No mudflaps, no lumbar support, no radar, no NEMA 14-50 adapter. PPF installed.
I drove around Calgary for a couple of hours in a light rain testing autopilot - had no issues, no phantom breaking - streets/highways.
Overall I am very happy, after reading horror stories of 2020 deliveries I was expecting few inches gaps, missing interior parts, etc.

I took delivery yesterday in Calgary - ordered April 14. They have lots of new cars, the delivery lot is full.
Indoors delivery. Bring a flashlight it helps a lot. No cosmetics issues. Slight misalignment on the backlight that's hardly noticeable.
VIN 183### - No mudflaps, no lumbar support, no radar, no NEMA 14-50 adapter. PPF installed.
I drove around Calgary for a couple of hours in a light rain testing autopilot - had no issues, no phantom breaking - streets/highways.
Overall I am very happy, after reading horror stories of 2020 deliveries I was expecting few inches gaps, missing interior parts, etc.
How accurate was your EDD, or was it crazy like everyone else’s ?

I've picked up my 7 seater Y today from Surrey DC. So I guess this is my "graduation post". The entire process was relatively smooth. No big issues with the car either. The only small problems are with the rear seats. A third row seat back does not have the leather tucked properly, which they fixed right on the spot. And the second row seat has one cable that is supposed to be retractable with the seat back folding and up but is stuck. I only discovered this when I'm home so I've made a service appointment for it. Otherwise, there is no panel gap issues. Alignment is mostly good. Maybe the liftgate is slightly off, but very small. Car has PPF installed but no mudflaps. They also charge up the car to 90% while you are waiting there.