Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh Awesome! I have NF373XXX picking up in two weeks, Tesla chat confirmed AMD/Battery/Heated Wipers, but my SA is ghosting me. Which number did you reach Tesla at? I need another confirmation lol
I just called the Tesla general line.....he also told me there is no way for anyone to tell that the car will have heated wipers while your chat confirmed heated wipers...personally my confidence level is low when I talk to anyone in Tesla since everyone here is getting varied responses and just hope the car shows up with these 3 upgrades

Just called the Canada sales line. He was able to confirm AMD chip and the battery. My Vin is 373*** ordered Sept. EDD Feb19-23 ( Lawrence East )

Awesome! Same boat here, 373XXX MYLR, Lawrence pick-up. Reach out to your SA to lock in a pickup date and time. Mine is on the 23rd. Tesla chat confirmed to me its AMD/LI battery. Whoever picks up first should just ping the other with the AMD confirmation

I chatted with another Tesla Support Chat today here is the answer I got this time.

"I can tell you it has the newest system available to North America customers. They do not provide us with specific details about the components of the infotainment system so I wouldn't be able to tell you exactly what CPU it has. " , "
It does not tell us if it system is intel based or AMD. It will tell us if the system is an original infotainment, however will not provide details to the system itself as this is generally not needed by Tesla Support. Service is able to access these details. "

When asked about heated wiper -
"That one can be a bit more difficult to identify. Please allow me a moment to do so." Then he confirms that it comes with a heated wipers.

Last edited:
I chatted with another Tesla Support Chat today here is the answer I got this time.

"I can tell you it has the newest system available to North America customers. They do not provide us with specific details about the components of the infotainment system so I wouldn't be able to tell you exactly what CPU it has. "
Sounds like a gag order has been placed. Pull up that software menu on inspection and reject if it’s an Atom.

Sounds like a gag order has been placed. Pull up that software menu on inspection and reject if it’s an Atom.

Question about that actually -- can you inspect the interior/system before fully accepting the car? I heard that once you unlock the vehicle you accept delivery (though that could only be for in-home delivery, not sure). Anyone has experience with the delivery procedure at the dealership?

I just chatted with another person on Tesla chat for fun and this time they told me they can't verify anything until the car is delivered. 🤣
My SA just said the same thing -- I think Tesla must be getting so many people rejecting their 376+ VINs (seems mostly MYP) that they stopped sharing the build details.

In preparing for my pick-up on Feb 16, i'm still comparing insurance rates. I have a good history with my current insurer, but I am contemplating moving to Tesla Insurance through Aviva.

Can anyone impart some wisdom with their Telsa insurance experience or research?
Perfect record here, 16 years of driving here. Looking for comprehensive coverage. I kept getting ~$180/m (downtown Toronto). I got $150 from Tesla's Aviva thing. I got $118 from RBC but only coz I am part of a group plan, with some added coverage (new vehicle protection, etc) it came to $131. With insurance though there is no golden standard, everyone's so different due to so many factors including postal code.

Just called the Canada sales line. He was able to confirm AMD chip and the battery. My Vin is 373*** ordered Sept. EDD Feb19-23 ( Lawrence East )

Awesome! Same boat here, 373XXX MYLR, Lawrence pick-up. Reach out to your SA to lock in a pickup date and time. Mine is on the 23rd. Tesla chat confirmed to me its AMD/LI battery. Whoever picks up first should just ping the other with the AMD confirmation

"I can tell you it has the newest system available to North America customers. They do not provide us with specific details about the components of the infotainment system so I wouldn't be able to tell you exactly what CPU it has. " , "
It does not tell us if it system is intel based or AMD. It will tell us if the system is an original infotainment, however will not provide details to the system itself as this is generally not needed by Tesla Support. Service is able to access these details. "

When asked about heated wiper -
"That one can be a bit more difficult to identify. Please allow me a moment to do so." Then he confirms that it comes with a heated wipers.
I just got off a 2 hour hold with the Tesla Canada sales line as well....

My order pick up has been confirmed for Feb 24th at the Lawrence location 🚀. VIN NF376xxx. The SA said after I had asked about the AMD chip:

"...I can see your vehicle was built in February, so that means your car should have the latest equipment..."
"...I've been asked this question frequently..."

I didn't want to bother drilling him for the specifics. I figure at this point, I get it or I don't get it (AMD/Li-Ion battery/heated wipers), it's fine because I'm not going to delay.

Last edited:
Reactions: geekfam and rezla