Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today was my delivery day in Oakville. In all honesty it was a little underwhelming. This was my second vehicle(MYLR), also bought a model 3 in 2019. To the staff that were there, they were doing their best. They had 5 people to deliver 50 cars today I was told. But after checking in and waiting 30 minutes, I finally went to someone to ask if I could at least inspect the vehicle since I was waiting and he agreed. I was there for about an hour and a half in general and felt like I was always chasing someone down to tell them them I was done with my paperwork, etc.

I did not expect perfection for delivery but it was such a rush job, lots of tape on corners of the car, adhesive on the doors. It’s not like I was going to refuse delivery but I had to get back to work so I didn’t have time to wait around to get them to fix it up. I am glad to have the vehicle, but the delivery experience for a 90k left something to be desired.

Pretty sure it was full replacement (the PPF shop did the work). I didn’t replace the steering wheel one—maybe that one goes on top if you want that one. Maybe pictures for clarity?
Here’s a pic of the back of the hood “T”. As you can see it’s indented. The rear and steering wheel one are the same. I’m taking my car to Guelph detailing this week so if they look the same then I will have them do what they did on yours.

Let me know if this looks familiar.

Attachments

• 1332FC7E-5408-4241-8CBF-61CBFF2CDCB6.jpeg
    1332FC7E-5408-4241-8CBF-61CBFF2CDCB6.jpeg
    345.8 KB · Views: 78
Here’s a pic of the back of the hood “T”. As you can see it’s indented. The rear and steering wheel one are the same. I’m taking my car to Guelph detailing this week so if they look the same then I will have them do what they did on yours.

Let me know if this looks familiar.
Wow no not really. The one I had one a solid piece. I’ve ordered another set from evaca coming Monday as I’m having the rear PPF redone and it’s better to have new ones. My fault I opened the trunk with the garage door closed and it put a tiny hole in the PPF. I’ll see what my new set looks like soon

Yeah I legit don't get it. It went may to June then April to May now June to July. O
I ordered back in October too. MYLR white, 19inch no FSD.
Might be your color. Lol. I ordered MYLR 19in, no FSD in MSM/black in November. I ordered right before they changed MSM from paid to a free colour

My dates have been:
June 2022
November 2022
April 21 - May 19, 2022
May 15 - June 12, 2022
May 5 - June 2, 2022

Reactions: curleymapper
Today was my delivery day in Oakville. In all honesty it was a little underwhelming. This was my second vehicle(MYLR), also bought a model 3 in 2019. To the staff that were there, they were doing their best. They had 5 people to deliver 50 cars today I was told. But after checking in and waiting 30 minutes, I finally went to someone to ask if I could at least inspect the vehicle since I was waiting and he agreed. I was there for about an hour and a half in general and felt like I was always chasing someone down to tell them them I was done with my paperwork, etc.

I did not expect perfection for delivery but it was such a rush job, lots of tape on corners of the car, adhesive on the doors. It’s not like I was going to refuse delivery but I had to get back to work so I didn’t have time to wait around to get them to fix it up. I am glad to have the vehicle, but the delivery experience for a 90k left something to be desired.
Yep my feeling exactly on my second Tesla MY delivery Aug 2021. Long lines, 100's of cars being delivered. Felt like I was in line at Ikea to be served. In first delivery M3 May of 2019 I was invited into the Tesla reps office had chat a few laughs and a Perrier to drink. He then accompanied and stayed with me the whole time I inspected the car and answered my questions, then we went back to his office to finalize paperwork, came back out to M3 to give me a course on operation, then rode with me to interior exit to show how to charge and took photos of me and new M3 with my cell phone. It was a great experience. It looked like there was deliveries of about 15 cars that time. I am glad I had a chance to experience the better delivery experience once.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rennei
Yep my feeling exactly on my second Tesla MY delivery Aug 2021. Long lines, 100's of cars being delivered. Felt like I was in line at Ikea to be served. In first delivery M3 May of 2019 I was invited into the Tesla reps office had chat a few laughs and a Perrier to drink. He then accompanied and stayed with me the whole time I inspected the car and answered my questions, then we went back to his office to finalize paperwork, came back out to M3 to give me a course on operation, then rode with me to interior exit to show how to charge and took photos of me and new M3 with my cell phone. It was a great experience. It looked like they was delivery of about 15 cars that time. I am glad I had a chance to experience the better delivery experience once.
If they go the way of cell phones, the ups guy will toss your MY onto your driveway as they slowly roll by. I don’t need the fanfare not the fussy attention but if they are taking such a hands off handover, the product better be QA’d to a higher degree…

If they go the way of cell phones, the ups guy will toss your MY onto your driveway as they slowly roll by. I don’t need the fanfare not the fussy attention but if they are taking such a hands off handover, the product better be QA’d to a higher degree…
No "if" about it. My MY delivery to Nova Scotia late last October was a shipping company dropping off the car near my driveway. At least you Ontario folks have nearby stores.

Can you share a picture of your matte black when it arrives. Thats the colour i was gonna go with
Here’s a few pics. I think it looks good but not thrilled it’s a wrap over the existing factory emblem.

Attachments

• 5EC3F380-FEE9-4CC0-9FCE-D2FFCB8FDFDD.jpeg
    5EC3F380-FEE9-4CC0-9FCE-D2FFCB8FDFDD.jpeg
    228.2 KB · Views: 47
  • B846C93C-076D-4C11-AF33-EA9AB6F93BC8.jpeg
    B846C93C-076D-4C11-AF33-EA9AB6F93BC8.jpeg
    195 KB · Views: 49
  • A9862496-D0E7-41EB-A1A2-13832F1F47EF.jpeg
    A9862496-D0E7-41EB-A1A2-13832F1F47EF.jpeg
    344.2 KB · Views: 37