Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After waiting for 180 days, my loan offer expired twice and today it increased from previous 3% to 4.04%. is there anything i can do to get a lower offer? Thanks in advance.
Move to the US and get away from our ridiculous monopolized banking system.
They are seeing 1.25-1.5% car loan rates.
GO CANUKS! Doh 😬

Try asking finance questions to use a diff bank. Usually Scotia, BMO and RBC are used.

Does anyone know when we will find out about the new rebates? Supposed to be today, budget day but not sure when.
I have been looking to see when Freeland will do the press release. But I cant find the schedule anywhere. The current rebate plan is really outdated, almost nothing qualifies, one of the reasons Canada has one of the lowest EV adoption rates for G20 countries.

OD Oct 5
MYLR white/white/ tow/19/no FSD/

Cash/accepted trade in number just renewed.

Delivery to Vancouver BC.

Well, my EDD window has arrived (April 7-21) and not a peep from Tesla. No communication ever from an SA, no VIN, nothing.

I’ve had about 15 EDD changes over the months, some as late as September and some that have come and gone. I’ve already had my date window arrive once in January, only to have the date reset two days later to late summer.

This April date window has been consistent for a few weeks now, tightening a little bit to this specific two week window. Could this actually be it?

It’s been really hard to deal with these wildly variable date ranges— to keep rearranging my plans, resetting my trade-in value etc.

Anyone else have a situation similar to mine, with an April window looming?

OD Oct 5

Well, my EDD window has arrived (April 7-21) and not a peep from Tesla. No communication ever from an SA, no VIN, nothing.

I’ve had about 15 EDD changes over the months, some as late as September and some that have come and gone. I’ve already had my date window arrive once in January, only to have the date reset two days later to late summer.

This April date window has been consistent for a few weeks now, tightening a little bit to this specific two week window. Could this actually be it?

It’s been really hard to deal with these wildly variable date ranges— to keep rearranging my plans, resetting my trade-in value etc.

I would call the Great Northern Way Vancouver pickup location. My friend did that when they hit EDD and got their manufacture date which was a few days later.

OD Oct 5

My OD (Sept 26) and EDD (April 17 - May 15) are more or less aligned with yours and no communication from Tesla just yet.

MYLR MSM/Black/19/no FSD

Re Budget 2022, no details provided - Wait for Transport Canada to update in the coming weeks.

Making the Switch to Zero-Emission Vehicles More
Affordable
To help make ZEVs more affordable for Canadians, the federal government has
offered purchase incentives of up to $5,000 for eligible vehicles since 2019.
This program has helped Canadians purchase or lease over 136,000 new ZEVs,
but more support is needed to help Canadians get behind the wheel of zeroemission
vehicles.
Budget 2022 proposes to provide $1.7 billion over five years, starting in
2022-23, with $0.8 million in remaining amortization, to Transport Canada
to extend the Incentives for Zero-Emission Vehicles (iZEV) program until
March 2025. Eligibility under the program will also be broadened to
support the purchase of more vehicle models, including more vans, trucks,
and SUVs, which will help make ZEVs more affordable.
Further details will
be announced by Transport Canada in the coming weeks.

Re Budget 2022, no details provided - Wait for Transport Canada to update in the coming weeks.

Making the Switch to Zero-Emission Vehicles More
Affordable
To help make ZEVs more affordable for Canadians, the federal government has
offered purchase incentives of up to $5,000 for eligible vehicles since 2019.
This program has helped Canadians purchase or lease over 136,000 new ZEVs,
but more support is needed to help Canadians get behind the wheel of zeroemission
vehicles.
Budget 2022 proposes to provide $1.7 billion over five years, starting in
2022-23, with $0.8 million in remaining amortization, to Transport Canada
to extend the Incentives for Zero-Emission Vehicles (iZEV) program until
March 2025. Eligibility under the program will also be broadened to
support the purchase of more vehicle models, including more vans, trucks,
and SUVs, which will help make ZEVs more affordable.
Further details will
be announced by Transport Canada in the coming weeks.
Hopefully this is done sooner than later, I wouldn't say no to a $5k discount on my MYP due in June given I ordered it right after the $5k price increase from Tesla...but they'll probably raise the cap to like $75-80k :(

OD Oct 5

We ordered mid September. MYLR blue/black/tow/19/no FSD to Toronto
Original date was January, at one point was down to a one-week window in March before being moved 3 days before the window to April 11-May 9. Then, yesterday, was updated to May 3-31. Not really sure what to expect anymore.

I got that yesterday too — changing from Apr 7-21 to Apr 20–May 22.
Hi guys, new to the club.
OD - Oct 3 White/Black/19 no FSD also to Toronto.
Most recent changes to EDD went from April 11-May 9 to May 3-31
We ordered mid September. MYLR blue/black/tow/19/no FSD to Toronto
Original date was January, at one point was down to a one-week window in March before being moved 3 days before the window to April 11-May 9. Then, yesterday, was updated to May 3-31. Not really sure what to expect anymore.
OD - Oct 3 White/Black/19/no FSD in Toronto.

Move to the US and get away from our ridiculous monopolized banking system.
They are seeing 1.25-1.5% car loan rates.
GO CANUKS! Doh 😬

Try asking finance questions to use a diff bank. Usually Scotia, BMO and RBC are used.
OD - Oct 3 White/Black/19 no FSD also to Toronto.

OD - Oct 3 White/Black/19/no FSD in Toronto.
My OD - Oct 15 MSM. black/ 19/ no FSD / Toronto
EDD just changed from May 31 - July 12 to May 25-June 29