Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can confirm MY wasn't on approved vehicles list first thing this morning.

Can also confirm it's now officially on the list

View attachment 930528
Nice surprise for me this morning, with my MYLR7 benefitting now from the $5K izev credit - and my SA confirmed the vehicle is in the lot. Picking up tomorrow at 1030am!

Hard personal debate. Do I wait for my red 5 seat black interior order? Or jump ship to a 7 seat order that is in stock within driving distance. Basically getting 7 seater for free. But we already own a van so it's kinda pointless. Unless the van goes down at some point. Damnnnnnnnn the impatience is growing.

My EDD is still sitting on the super generic Apr-Jun. Not knowing if it's 2 weeks or 2 months (or more) is eating me up inside.
Well it’s not really *free* lol you’d still pay $5k more than you would for the 5 seater. Sounds like you should just wait instead of paying $5k more for something you don’t need to save 1-2 months of waiting

Well it’s not really *free* lol you’d still pay $5k more than you would for the 5 seater. Sounds like you should just wait instead of paying $5k more for something you don’t need to save 1-2 months of waiting
I fully understand that. I meant it's free vs what it would've cost me yesterday to not have to wait so long. I'm not rushing, sleeping on it. Probably a few times. If we decide it's a good thing for us to have handy I'll try to swap my order. If not, I'm still in line.

Reactions: MrTzla
Hard personal debate. Do I wait for my red 5 seat black interior order? Or jump ship to a 7 seat order that is in stock within driving distance. Basically getting 7 seater for free. But we already own a van so it's kinda pointless. Unless the van goes down at some point. Damnnnnnnnn the impatience is growing.

My EDD is still sitting on the super generic Apr-Jun. Not knowing if it's 2 weeks or 2 months (or more) is eating me up inside.
My exact vehicle is available (Silver, MYLR, tow hitch) except with white interior which my wife does not want. Dog will make it gross 😂 so we wait...

I had texted my SA a couple of times yesterday about alternate in stock options if I wanted to switch. Text messages were pretty radio silent from Tesla. I assumed they had a pretty busy day with the rebate announcement and I was busy anyways so was actually planning on dropping into my local store today to go over my options.

Much to my surprise my SA called me back late ish last evening and apologized for the lack of response. We had a chat and went over some of the available options as I was not keen on waiting until July / Aug.

We found a build identical to mine except 7 seat instead of 5 incoming to a store an hr ish away from me and I took it.

The surprise rebate on our existing order was definitely nice but we sort of wanted the 7 seater when ordering anyways, just didn't want to pay any more for it. We are a household of 6 and the added flexibility in the second vehicle is welcome. In addition my trade in needed updated and much to my surprise it's value WENT UP a bit which sort of helped justify the move.

TLDR: Our down payment and monthly payments will remain the same compared to our initial order, we got our desired config but up-sized to 7 seats. Vehicle scheduled to arrive May 4th and pickup tentatively scheduled May 6th. After letting it digest we didn't wake up thinking we've made a mistake and are very much looking forward to delivery.

Looking at the existing inventory, does anyone else also feel that Tesla seems to be artificially creating delays on the regular configurations so that we give up waiting and upgrade to a higher config present in the inventory. For example, I see lots of 7 seater configs available now in the inventory, so they want us to spend that extra 5k (on an upgrade that we probably dont need) that we are getting as iZEV rebate now :)
Its their way of upselling I guess?

Around here, there was zero inventory available, then suddenly last week, there's a whole pile of vehicles available. Of course none are the colours that I want, so I sit and wait... 😆

Would appear that if I wanted anything with 7 seats and a white interior, I'd have my pick. But I have no use for 7 seats, and CANNOT do white with the dog... haha

Last edited:
Reactions: ms_evpurchase