Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So far a pretty bad experience and haven’t even picked it up yet. Out of nowhere Friday I got an appt selection and picked wed may 10. Quickly added trade info because I know it take a couple days. May 10 updated in my account fairly quickly but no trade info. Finally Sunday I got trade estimate but that’s it. No text to upload pics, no accept button. Edmonton store is closed Sunday and Monday, so no communication. This morning I reach out to see what I’m supposed to do as I need to have trade reflected in balance owing. Tesla associate text says they are working on it and it should be in there. I check account and nothing new. Next they tell me to enter trade info again. So I do and this time a canned text message from same number that is a real human comes and says estimate can take up to 48 hours. I respond that I’m picking up tomorrow and need an accurate balance with trade value in it to get a bank draft. Tesla text tells me to just accept it and it will be in my account. I have nothing to accept so I ask for clarification…. Nothing. I call the store and select call back with a 9 minute wait time. That was 11am. Still nothing.

When I got my model 3 last may , I got a phone call and an email at least a week out. Asked about a trade etc. This feels super rushed and unorganized with no one personally giving me info. Is the process now?
Now we are just gonna drive the trade there tomorrow and figure it out I guess.
🤷

Ordered a black/black MYLR with 20" wheels on April 30.

Estimated delivery date has been stuck on May-June since placing the order.

I am so excited and impatient. I've refreshed the app about 10-15 times per day with no update yet. Does it update every day at a particular time?

No vin either.

Calgary, AB.

For me, it took about 5 weeks to get my initial EDD update, and it seemed to be at a completely random point in the day. Now that I’m within the window provided, the date has been updating daily around 8 am for me, but I don’t know that there’s any set time for updates to happen.

MYLR white ext black int 19 inch tow hitch
OD Feb 3
EDD 1: march- April
EDD2: April- may
EDD 3: June- July
EDD 4: July-august
EDD 5: may 6 - may 30

Schedule delivery. : may 24

I’m excited but also wondering if people are concern about price drop. I’m hoping it will drop before my delivery appointment but worry that it’ll drop after my delivery date. Anyone thinking the same thing? My mind is playing with me.
Why do you think the price will drop?

Okay so my 9 days of waiting is just me being impatient haha
And you are talking about 9 days ! Imagine me, after 7 😄
I am doing a trade-in (my Bolt EV 2019), I sent them everything three days ago, but still on the "review". Man, this is long. :rolleyes:
After almost 5 years of Bolt EV and 4 years before that of Volt, I decided to go the Tesla route because of the Super Chargers infrastructure. The CCS DCFC infrastructure is not yet at the level it should be (availability and reliability).

MYLR5 | Blue/Black | 19" | No tow
OD: 04/20
EDD 1: April - June 2023
EDD 2: May 5 - May 19, 2023
EDD 3: May - June (updated may 2)
EDD 4: May 9 - May 23 (updated may 2)
EDD 5: May 10 - May 23
i think it's just shifting day by day...
Yup, mine too. The beginning date of the window keeps updating, but the end date stays the same. I’ve been holding on a (insert todays date) to May 21 since the weekend now

Anyone with a RWD order been able to get an estimate for insurance? I'm with TD and they don't have the RWD version as an option yet on their website so when I called they had to send it to their underwriter. I get it because not a single one has been delivered in Canada yet but still my window starts in a week so tryna get some sort of an estimate

Ordered a black/black MYLR with 20" wheels on April 30.

Estimated delivery date has been stuck on May-June since placing the order.

I am so excited and impatient. I've refreshed the app about 10-15 times per day with no update yet. Does it update every day at a particular time?

No vin either.

Calgary, AB.
Update: EDD 2 updated to May 14-28th this afternoon.

Ordered in February, got a "schedule delivery" message a few days ago for this weekend. But timing is no good for me. Nobody to talk to over email or text, so I called the store, eventually spoke to someone who said they won't hold the car till next weekend, so they un-matched me from the car. 2 days later... I get another "schedule your delivery" message... my options have changed from Thursday-Saturday to Friday-Sunday. Are you kidding me??? When I got my Model 3 a few years back, we had much more flexibility around scheduling a pick up. White exterior/Black Interior LR. Now I have to call back again and do the whole dance a second time... ugh. Tesla, please get your *sugar* together!

MYLR | Red Ext | White Int | 20" Induction | 5 Seat | Tow
OD: 21/04/2023
EDD1: Apr - Jun 2023
EDD2(April 25): May 8 - May 17 (VIN Assigned)
EDD3(April 26): May 12
EDD4(May 4): May 11
EDD5(May 5): May 15 (transport delay)
EDD6(May 10): May 18 (another transport delay)

The wait continues! I hope this one sticks, getting tired of putting fuel in my car 😄.

Anyone with a RWD order been able to get an estimate for insurance? I'm with TD and they don't have the RWD version as an option yet on their website so when I called they had to send it to their underwriter. I get it because not a single one has been delivered in Canada yet but still my window starts in a week so tryna get some sort of an estimate
Same thing happened to me. Insurance company doesn't seem to have the MYRWD in their system either. Ended up getting a quote for a MYLR to use as an estimate.

I'm assuming that insurance for the MYRWD should be about the same or less than the MYLR.

Ordered in February, got a "schedule delivery" message a few days ago for this weekend. But timing is no good for me. Nobody to talk to over email or text, so I called the store, eventually spoke to someone who said they won't hold the car till next weekend, so they un-matched me from the car. 2 days later... I get another "schedule your delivery" message... my options have changed from Thursday-Saturday to Friday-Sunday. Are you kidding me??? When I got my Model 3 a few years back, we had much more flexibility around scheduling a pick up. White exterior/Black Interior LR. Now I have to call back again and do the whole dance a second time... ugh. Tesla, please get your *sugar* together!
Sorry to hear that, I have found the advisor quite responsive by text. It does seem to be different people at different times, but they are all helpful.

Bit more of a slight shift in my EDD this morning. Really struggling with the patience level at this point haha

MYLR5 | Blue/Black | 19" | No tow
OD: 03/24
EDD 1: April - June 2023
EDD 2: May 6 - May 20, 2023
EDD 3 (a/b/c): May 7 (8/9/10) - May 21, 2023
EDD 4: May 14 - May 28, 2023

Located in Edmonton, AB

MYLR5/Blue/Black/19" Gemini
AB, Canada
OD: 05 Feb 23
EDD1: Mar - Apr
EDD2: Apr - Jun
EDD3: 14 May- 18 Jun
EDD4: 10 Jul - 21 Aug
EDD5 (01 May): 01-14 May
EDD6 (03 May): 06-20 May
EDD7 (07 May): 07-19 May ... (08 May): 08-19 May ... (09 May): 09-19 May ... (10 May): 10-19 May
EDD8 (11 May): 12-26 May

I notice that there are two of this exact build in inventory in Ottawa and Oakville