Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Received my vision disclaimer this afternoon. Yay! Pick up window is in Jul 2-16.

I am qualified for the provincial EV credit (BC) but after I accepted the vision disclaimer jt is telling me to proceed with payment, without the additional $4k removed. Anyone in the same boat? Also, I thought I could bring a draft of delivery day but my account says to pay balance before delivery and the only option is wire transfer.
You can still bring a draft but you should contact your DC to get the actual final number after the EV credit. Tesla always emails saying final payment ready but it is not required until you want to sign for the car after inspection on delivery day.

Reactions: mspx
Specs: Model Y LR (497kms) Deep Blue, Two Hitch, Black 5 seater, 19" wheels
OD: May 27th, 2023
EDD: May - June
EDD1: June 29th - June 30th
EDD2: July 14th - August 17th

Prompted to accept Vision Assistance
EDD3: July 2nd - July 26th
Hidden VIN now available.
Congrats in advance! I ordered the same color - post pictures when you get it!! 😁

Reactions: yvr_my
Specs: Model Y LR (497kms) Deep Blue, Two Hitch, Black 5 seater, 19" wheels
OD: May 27th, 2023
EDD: May - June
EDD1: June 29th - June 30th
EDD2: July 14th - August 17th

EDD3: July 2nd - July 26th
Hidden VIN now available.
Thanks for sharing your journey. Would be very interested (as I'm sure others are) to learn if you are offered an HW4 off the hop. Let us know?
I read somewhere that there have been some revisions to the Shanghai production lines in early June so my fingers are crossed. Thanks muchly.

Thanks for sharing your journey. Would be very interested (as I'm sure others are) to learn if you are offered an HW4 off the hop. Let us know?
I read somewhere that there have been some revisions to the Shanghai production lines in early June so my fingers are crossed. Thanks muchly.
I would be very surprised if Shanghai was shipping HW4 cars this quickly...I would love to be pleasantly surprised though! 😁

another question, how to choose your custom license plate? Do I pick up the car from Tesla, then go and order the custom plate on my own?

It is kind of waste of money as I need to pay for the default license plate came with the tesla already, isn't it?

Just got a text to schedule delivery and got VIN at the same time haha.

Ordered 4/29
EDD 4/29: May-July
EDD1 6/22: 6/22-6/30
EDD2 6/22: 6/25
EDD3 6/23: 6/26

Yeah for sure, since I lost the white interior, I kinda wanted all black out instead. I did not call or talk to a sales rep in person, I simply texted this number 1-819-801-0465 and ask them to swap my order with the existing inventory. I got the number from the online chat support agent. They responded back within an hour.

Got a call from Richmond Tesla today that car will arrive on 6/25 but late afternoon so have to delay delivery by 1 day to 6/26 2PM. Hopefully no more hiccups.

another question, how to choose your custom license plate? Do I pick up the car from Tesla, then go and order the custom plate on my own?

It is kind of waste of money as I need to pay for the default license plate came with the tesla already, isn't it?
Youll probably have to run the standard plate from the registry until your new one comes in.

You can order a plate before you get your car, it will take 3-6 weeks for the plate to arrive. Once it arrives, youll have to go back to the registry and register the plate to your tesla. Then you you can put the custom plates on your car.

Youll probably have to run the standard plate from the registry until your new one comes in.

You can order a plate before you get your car, it will take 3-6 weeks for the plate to arrive. Once it arrives, youll have to go back to the registry and register the plate to your tesla. Then you you can put the custom plates on your car.
I already have a custom plate with me.
Just wanted to know more about the process of how it works?
Someone at tesla did tell me that I’ll have to drive off the lot with the ev plate and then go to register my custom plate again.

But I don’t understand why do i have to pay twice for the registration. First, to pay to the ev plate and then again for my custom one.

Is there any way i can get my custom plate register at the get go instead of the ev plate?

Specs: Model Y (397kms) White, Tow Hitch, Black 5 seater, 19" wheels
OD: June 11th 2023
EDD: June - July
EDD1: July 4th - July 18th

VIN available on agreement June 23th 2023 (Does it mean car is already built?)

What's next? I'll received a text from Tesla to schedule delivery as I approach EDD window?

Specs: Model Y (397kms) White, Tow Hitch, Black 5 seater, 19" wheels
OD: June 11th 2023
EDD: June - July
EDD1: July 4th - July 18th

VIN available on agreement June 23th 2023 (Does it mean car is already built?)

What's next? I'll received a text from Tesla to schedule delivery as I approach EDD window?
Yup - pretty much!