Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MYSR
Pearl White Paint
OD: June 22
EDD1: June - July
EDD2: July 15-21
VIN ASSIGNED on July 5
Early Delivery Scheduled: July 12

I'm choose a lease option in the beginning, but I am contact my SA with email later for changing the options to cash... so many horrible stories of leasing a tesla when you search in Google. surprisingly they make my delivery date earlier after they reply and switch my order to cash. can't wait!

MYP
Black
5 Seat Black Interior
OD: May 5
ODD: May - July
EDD1: June 15- June 22
EDD2: July 22-September 2
EDD3: July 4-July 18 (updated June 4)
EDD4: July 9-July 23
EDD5:July 12-July 21
VIN: received June 4

Another update - looks like I'm closing in on a pick-up date!

Last edited:
I'm choose a lease option in the beginning, but I am contact my SA with email later for changing the options to cash... so many horrible stories of leasing a tesla when you search in Google. surprisingly they make my delivery date earlier after they reply and switch my order to cash. can't wait!

I am planning to lease the car. In past, we have always financed the cars but I started a small business so my financial advisor suggested to lease the car to write off some portion. Can you please elaborate a littel about leasing horrible stories?

I am planning to lease the car. In past, we have always financed the cars but I started a small business so my financial advisor suggested to lease the car to write off some portion. Can you please elaborate a littel about leasing horrible stories?

I can share mine 😁 Leased Model Y LR in 2020 with 25,000KM/year and used 40,000KM in year one and had to do lease transfer.. lost winter tires, $10K deposit and acceleration boost. Also, tesla only allow one lease transfer.

It was mainly my fault. Since you can’t buyout Tesla lease… I would suggest financing if benefits difference is just $1-3K

Now getting 2023 Model Y LR Red on financing 🙂

Talk to your accountant - there is a special CRA thing for purchasing an EV for business use where you can deduct 55K in one year. We were planning on leasing for the same reasons you noted, but ultimately decided to purchase to avoid the Tesla-specific lease pitfalls and use this deduction...

Zero-Emission Vehicles - Canada.ca

Zero-Emission Vehicles​

Two new CCA classes have been created for zero-emission vehicles acquired after March 18, 2019, and become available for use before 2028.
Class 54 motor vehicles and passenger vehicles excluding taxicabs and automobiles used for lease and rent
The CCA rate for this class is 30% but a higher deduction (up to a maximum of 100%) may apply for certain eligible vehicles acquired after March 18, 2019 and before January 1, 2028 (phase out starting in 2024).
The capital costs will be deductible up to a limit of $55,000 plus sales tax for 2019 for zero-emission passenger vehicles. The limit will be reviewed annually and special rules will apply in the year of disposition for such vehicles where the capital costs exceed that limit.

Reactions: CaptStealthy
MYP
Black
5 Seat Black Interior
OD: May 5
ODD: May - July
EDD1: June 15- June 22
EDD2: July 22-September 2
EDD3: July 4-July 18 (updated June 4)
EDD4: July 9-July 23
EDD5:July 12-July 21
VIN: received June 4

Another update - looks like I'm closing in on a pick-up date!
Pick up date booked (finally!). Husband is out of town this weekend so had to pick Monday but after waiting this long, I *should* be able to handle a few extra days...

Between this thread and the Shipping Routes thread, many of you have supplied me with quality entertainment and info. =) Worthy of popcorn for sure. =) Thank you!
This crap is seriously getting out of hand...

Never mind the selfishness on our part waiting for our Teslas. This strike is having a serious impact on our economy, and this government simply doesn't give a "french fry". It's not happening in a liberal province, so it has no impact on Trudeau's voter base.

Reactions: random27
Hi everyone,

I’m in Ottawa waiting for a M3 LR MSM
DD1: July 5-18
DD2: July 11-20
I’ve had a VIN in the Purchase Agreement since I ordered on June 13.
Tomorrow starts my estimated delivery time window. Do I have a chance of getting it soon or is my M3 stuck in Vancouver?
No way to know for sure (unless your EDD changes drastically in the next few days lol), but my personal guess is that your car is stuck on the VIKING SEA.

That ship is currently anchored off the coast of Nanaimo, waiting for a resolution to the strike. Whether or not she stays anchored there is anyone's guess. With American dock workers saying they won't unload Canadian cargo, its not as easy as sailing south, but then what do you do with a boat full of cars? 😕

No way to know for sure (unless your EDD changes drastically in the next few days lol), but my personal guess is that your car is stuck on the VIKING SEA.

That ship is currently anchored off the coast of Nanaimo, waiting for a resolution to the strike. Whether or not she stays anchored there is anyone's guess. With American dock workers saying they won't unload Canadian cargo, its not as easy as sailing south, but then what do you do with a boat full of cars? 😕
Thanks Bob123 and CapHealthy.
Not exactly what I was hoping for ;-)