Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car & Driver: The Mach E is simply better than the Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yikes! No wonder Sandy fainted. It's almost as if the cooling system was an afterthought and they had to cobble their way around the other parts. No attempt at neatness either; "Just throw it all in there...they'll sort themselves out!"
I'm telling you guys downhill regen issue (and charging speed above 80% SOC) of the Mach-E is not just a software bug problem.
Anyone who has paid close attention to the F-150 and Mustang forums would not find this surprising. Ford cheaps out in some of the most critical parts of their vehicles.
It looks that the statement at the end that Ford is better than everyone else but Tesla was a result of a little chat between Ford reps and Sandy/his happy director, as it was mentioned a few episodes earlier. I wonder why Munro didn't explicitly named vehicles (EVs) that have inferior thermal management system to the Mach-E.
Agreed. Seeing that rat's nest and then hearing him make that statement was just odd.

Reactions: alexgr
By the way, what I see on the MachEForum regarding happy owners waiting for their mu$tangs to be fixed in the expansive Ford dealership network is that in order to get anything going Ford has to send an engineer to the dealership and/or they have to report their issues to the media that is apparently closely monitored by Ford.

From the guy waiting for 26 days now for the battery repair/replacement:
"Honestly, direct messaging was what did the trick for me. The social media team monitors the account, and they were awesome... very responsive and friendly."

Also, from the same guy:
"Also seems that they do in fact have a FSA on the case now. As for parts, they are waiting for a battery. Apparently the MME batteries are currently on backorder (seems like a lot of demand,), but mine has been placed under emergency order. He believes that they come off of backorder on the 16th.

According to him, the prior MME that was in the shop before me had 2 battery packs/cells that ruptured and needed to be replaced. The good thing is, they're now familiar with the battery replacement process thanks to the other MME that was in the shop before me. He also mentioned that another MME with the same symptoms just came into the dealership today!

The scary part of all this is that it's sounding more like this issue may be somewhat common rather than a one off.
3 cars with battery issues at the same dealership... Really curious to hear if it's a Texas thing or wider spread."

Oh boy, it's a Ford thing!
Holy cow. 🐮

what they really want is gas scented perfume.
GrouchyFoolhardyFly-size_restricted.gif

Sorry, I don’t have the energy to answer these insanely long posts. You and Motor Trend are obviously right. C&D and my own eyes are obviously wrong. The MY is clearly the superior vehicle. Glad we’ve settled this.
And yet you take the time, as a Ford driver, to continually post on a Tesla forum. What's your motivation exactly? I used to belong to BMW forums but haven't been back since selling my last one, yet for some reason you've spent a lot of time here defending your Ford purchase - either you have a vested interest in doing so, way too much time on your hands, or the Ford forums aren't stimulating enough apparently....

The article referenced in the OP simply cracks me up. The real award the Mach-e got was "The EV whose maker paid us the most in advertising fees." Magazine awards are all based on this. They really had to stretch it with this one though. They actually pointed out the Mach-E's dumb ass shifting knob as a point of superiority. ROFL. As for the rest, let's see; as compared to the Y the Mach-e costs more, can't tow, can't mount a roof rack, has less range, has less ground clearance, overheats, has significantly less cargo space, has a much shorter warranty, has a hopelessly complex and unreliable thermal system, has no "off road" mode, has skinny tires, is no quieter, is less efficient, is ridiculously buggy, is slower, has a grandma's car steering ratio, has a glass roof that the designers forgot to account for sealant so it sits .25" too high, and weighs more. Did I forget anything? Probably. BTW, none of that is opinion; those are all objective facts. But yes, it's the EV of the year! LOL. Perhaps the overriding qualification for the award was the EV that provides the most job security for auto mechanics?

The article referenced in the OP simply cracks me up. The real award the Mach-e got was "The EV whose maker paid us the most in advertising fees." Magazine awards are all based on this. They really had to stretch it with this one though. They actually pointed out the Mach-E's dumb ass shifting knob as a point of superiority. ROFL. As for the rest, let's see; as compared to the Y the Mach-e costs more, can't tow, can't mount a roof rack, has less range, has less ground clearance, overheats, has significantly less cargo space, has a much shorter warranty, has a hopelessly complex and unreliable thermal system, has no "off road" mode, has skinny tires, is no quieter, is less efficient, is ridiculously buggy, is slower, has a grandma's car steering ratio, has a glass roof that the designers forgot to account for sealant so it sits .25" too high, and weighs more. Did I forget anything? Probably. BTW, none of that is opinion; those are all objective facts. But yes, it's the EV of the year! LOL. Perhaps the overriding qualification for the award was the EV that provides the most job security for auto mechanics?
Regarding facts, do you have a reference to noise level measurements in MY and MME? I wouldn't be surprised the MME is more quiet, especially on the Fords-go-to-sleep-now-...-🤮 suspension and on those tires.

Edit: FordMME didn't hack my account, I am asking just out of curiosity.

Just went on Fakebook and saw this ad. Do I need to start a new thread for car of the Year?
54CBED40-008E-44B8-BCD1-75A70B95EA15.jpeg

Jens Meiners C&D

• Disagree
Reactions: Doc Brown
Regarding facts, do you have a reference to noise level measurements in MY and MME? I wouldn't be surprised the MME is more quiet, especially on the Fords-go-to-sleep-now-...-🤮 suspension and on those tires.

Edit: FordMME didn't hack my account, I am asking just out of curiosity.
When comparing the model Y, it’s best to use 19” wheels instead of 20”. Makes a difference.

Maybe its a new update that hasn't really come out. I've driven older Y's with 19"s. The one we just took delivery of is far smoother than any other Y I've driven in the past. I'd argue it still feels really active and engaged, but cuts out a good amount of bump and doesn't seem too rigid.

Yeah, it's a mess. And like I predicted from early on, Ford doesn't seem to be fixing the issues, just putting on band-aids. The famous PAAK update that was supposed to cure everything aren't doing much for some people, and I'm not convinced those who claimed it fixed their issues are telling the whole truth.

Ford should have sourced a proper system from a third party that knew what they were doing and retired that Sync 4 garbage. Now, they seem to be having back-end issues affecting their Ford Pass app. It never ends. I grab some popcorn everyday reading that forum.

Reactions: geekfam