Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car likely totaled

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, that’s insane. How it works in Florida is, even if your property value increase 15% or 20% in one year (as has happened a few times in my area, the tax increase is limited to 3%. But these aren’t common situations, so the 10% tax cap (mind you, it’s UP TO 10, so most years it wouldn’t even be even close to that) isn’t really helping at all for the long haul. I’ve been in my home and enjoyed the 3% cap over 2 decades, so my taxes would certainly have been 2-3 TIMES what they are now, had it not been for this provision.
Thanks to all of the growth we've had, we have had the 10% cap hit every year for the last 7-8 years, so it really adds up. :(

Thanks to all of the growth we've had, we have had the 10% cap hit every year for the last 7-8 years, so it really adds up. :(
Ah, but it's a double edged sword. We have a similar thing here in CA - your property tax can only go up so much each year, regardless how much your home value goes up. I'm now in the position where I literally can't afford to move - even to a house of equal or lesser value, because my property tax would increase 10x!

My 2019 M3 P- (33,000 miles) was hit, front end was toasted and damages on the driver and rear driver side door also, so far without taking it apart. They estimated $15k, which to me it is low but insurance always do that, start at low end and go from there. I have PPF, tint and ceramic coating for the whole car that probably needs to be redone.

Not sure I am leaning repairing or get a check, looking around for something comparable is not easy and they don't make P- anymore.

My 2019 M3 P- (33,000 miles) was hit, front end was toasted and damages on the driver and rear driver side door also, so far without taking it apart. They estimated $15k, which to me it is low but insurance always do that, start at low end and go from there. I have PPF, tint and ceramic coating for the whole car that probably needs to be redone.

Not sure I am leaning repairing or get a check, looking around for something comparable is not easy and they don't make P- anymore.
So sorry to hear about your car! :(. What's the difference with the P- vs the normal Performance model?

Sorry to hear about the accident. That sounds worse than my car's damage. My estimate started at $6500 from the insurance company, then to $24000, then to $43000, at which point they decided to total. I hope perhaps yours is fixable, but I wouldn't bet on it.

It’s nearly impossible to get a good deal on a used one right now. I couldn’t find a comp for my car under $58k and it was 4 years old. I guess ultimately insurance will decide if it’s repairable or not once a shop actually takes a look at it. Sorry about the accident I know how much it sucks when you have your car just the way you want it and it gets wrecked.

It’s nearly impossible to get a good deal on a used one right now. I couldn’t find a comp for my car under $58k and it was 4 years old. I guess ultimately insurance will decide if it’s repairable or not once a shop actually takes a look at it. Sorry about the accident I know how much it sucks when you have your car just the way you want it and it gets wrecked.
Better start putting a reservation ASAP.

Sorry to hear about the accident. That sounds worse than my car's damage. My estimate started at $6500 from the insurance company, then to $24000, then to $43000, at which point they decided to total. I hope perhaps yours is fixable, but I wouldn't bet on it.
Attached couple pictures, is mine really worse than yours?

Attachments

• 20220708_173201.jpg
    20220708_173201.jpg
    631.7 KB · Views: 91
  • 20220708_173207.jpg
    20220708_173207.jpg
    598.6 KB · Views: 67
Not knowing what's damage underneath, but just base on this one picture, it's hard to believe that cost over $43,000.

o_O

That was my thought as well! But I guess there are a lot of misaligned panels that aren't evident form the picture as well as electronics that have to be replaced. Cost breakdown was ~10,000 for parts (steering linkage, wheel were biggest line items at about a quarter of that). The rest of the estimate was a tremendous amount of labor (>270 hours).

Ah, but it's a double edged sword. We have a similar thing here in CA - your property tax can only go up so much each year, regardless how much your home value goes up. I'm now in the position where I literally can't afford to move - even to a house of equal or lesser value, because my property tax would increase 10x!
At least if you're 55 or older, CA will let you transfer your property tax assessment to an equal or lesser priced home so that seniors don't get trapped in too big a home, unable to downsize.

Reactions: jboy210
Went and drove a regular RWD model 3 today (Do they call it standard range still?) so that I could see the new features on the 2022 and see how they worked in person. Felt very similar to my 2018 P except noticeably slower off the line. I have to admit though, above 30mph or so that thing is still pretty quick. I did not drive conservatively at all on the testdrive and only used 230W/mi which I thought was pretty solid since I averaged around 290 on my 2018 P. Blacked out trim looks good, power trunk is nice (though it isn't a big deal to open by hand), heated steering wheel is a nice touch and I liked the wireless charging pad. Saw a performance Y and performance 3 on the lot and I still hate the looks of the Uberturbines in person.

As much as I hate to admit it, the test drive actually made me consider a lower end model. $16000 cheaper, still quick, and apparently much more efficient. Plus I like the stock 18" wheels with those aero covers off, I could just put the covers on for road trips. I don't think I could do it and get the slower one, but I am pretty sure it would be more than sufficient for my needs.

Went and drove a regular RWD model 3 today (Do they call it standard range still?) so that I could see the new features on the 2022 and see how they worked in person. Felt very similar to my 2018 P except noticeably slower off the line. I have to admit though, above 30mph or so that thing is still pretty quick. I did not drive conservatively at all on the testdrive and only used 230W/mi which I thought was pretty solid since I averaged around 290 on my 2018 P. Blacked out trim looks good, power trunk is nice (though it isn't a big deal to open by hand), heated steering wheel is a nice touch and I liked the wireless charging pad. Saw a performance Y and performance 3 on the lot and I still hate the looks of the Uberturbines in person.

As much as I hate to admit it, the test drive actually made me consider a lower end model. $16000 cheaper, still quick, and apparently much more efficient. Plus I like the stock 18" wheels with those aero covers off, I could just put the covers on for road trips. I don't think I could do it and get the slower one, but I am pretty sure it would be more than sufficient for my needs.
We have a ‘21 SR+ and just got a ‘22LR last week for a second vehicle. I still really like the SR+ and the LR is my wife’s and will share road trip duties with our hybrid SUV. If the RWD suits the majority of your needs I would highly recommend it.