Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car likely totaled

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
  • Informative
Reactions: KenC
I use these for road trips .... they work remarkably well. https://www.amazon.com/Doingart-Pack-Cooling-Seat-Cushion/dp/B07Q2MK3Q1

Easy ~$50 fix for when I need it. Not pretty but functional.

That's interesting. I didn't know that even exists. But I also should have mentioned that I was talking about cooled seats rather than ventilated seats. Cooled seats use cold air from the A/C unit. My understanding is that ventilated seats just use a fan to circulate air through the seats. I once accidentally turned on my cooled seats in the winter and it soon felt like I was sitting on a block of ice.

Took me nearly an hour but I got through to sales. Explained that they moved my delivery date back 3+ months since ordering so I had to get a used one from them instead because I couldn’t wait that long. I said it would be a nice gesture if they credited my $250 fee towards my other order since I’m still buying a car from them and they will have no problem selling the one I reserved.

They basically told me that the estimated delivery date can change and they’re sorry but I’ll have to lose the order fee. So much for good will…. I get it, they don’t want to set a bad precedent, but of they’re gonna move around the delivery date at will it would be nice if they’d accommodate people who are still buying cars from them.

Got some pics off the local paper of my accident. You can really see what happened better in this. What a dumbass in the tan cavalier… when he blew through the stop sign and rammed into the Murano there was enough momentum between them to hit my car way back there. I had to have been 30 feet short of the intersection waiting to turn left.
032D41B2-92A0-4E4A-90BD-592AC1436A5A.jpeg

Got some pics off the local paper of my accident. You can really see what happened better in this. What a dumbass in the tan cavalier… when he blew through the stop sign and rammed into the Murano there was enough momentum between them to hit my car way back there. I had to have been 30 feet short of the intersection waiting to turn left.

..plus there was enough energy to flip the 1st car on it's side. Holy crap. Honestly if you're only driving 5,000 miles a year, I'd go with a regular gas car or truck that fits your needs. EV batteries age with time, and they're not cheap to replace, so you really need to put on the miles for it to be worthwhile. A regular car/truck with only 5k a year will last a very long time. If you don't need to worry about finances, then it's a different story.

..plus there was enough energy to flip the 1st car on it's side. Holy crap. Honestly if you're only driving 5,000 miles a year, I'd go with a regular gas car or truck that fits your needs. EV batteries age with time, and they're not cheap to replace, so you really need to put on the miles for it to be worthwhile. A regular car/truck with only 5k a year will last a very long time. If you don't need to worry about finances, then it's a different story.
I would think most people who bought Model 3 Performance were not buying it to save money on gasoline alone. It either mine or my wife's Tesla is totaled, it would be really really hard for us not to buy another Tesla.

It did cross my mind now that I telecommute but I really did love the P3D and my insurance settlement was more than enough to get the 2020 stealth that I bought today.

Reactions: MyMYLRnw
Took me nearly an hour but I got through to sales. Explained that they moved my delivery date back 3+ months since ordering so I had to get a used one from them instead because I couldn’t wait that long. I said it would be a nice gesture if they credited my $250 fee towards my other order since I’m still buying a car from them and they will have no problem selling the one I reserved.

They basically told me that the estimated delivery date can change and they’re sorry but I’ll have to lose the order fee. So much for good will…. I get it, they don’t want to set a bad precedent, but of they’re gonna move around the delivery date at will it would be nice if they’d accommodate people who are still buying cars from them.
That really sucks. For a company that makes some amazing products, they can really suck in the customer service department.

My delivery last year is an excellent example (ordered mid Sept). On Nov 9th I checked my account just before going to bed - estimated delivery was late Dec/early Jan. The next morning (Wednesday) Tesla leaves me a voice mail saying my car is here and I have until Friday to pay....but Thursday is a bank holiday (Veterans day). But wait, it gets even better....

I'm paying cash, but the money is all tied up in securities (which take a few days to settle - who keeps $50k+ sitting in their checking account?). I can't take out a loan because we had literally just signed off on the refinance of our house the day before and was explicitly told by the finance folks not to open any new loans until the re-fi settled (about a week). I manage to get the sales guy on the phone (I minor miracle in itself) and explain I wasn't expecting the car until late December so I need until Monday to get the money. He tells me they cannot hold the car past Friday and after that I will lose my place in line. Wow.

Amazingly I managed to scrape up the funds (barely) and transfer the payment about an hour before the banks closed on Friday. The car was delivered Saturday, but it would have been an easy no stress event if Tesla had either given me an accurate delivery prediction or allowed more than 3 days (one of which was a bank holiday) to pay the surprise bill that showed up over a month early.

In any case, I'm sadly not surprised they gave you the "we aren't allowed to do what any reasonable human would do" excuse. But glad to hear you will be getting a car to your liking.

I manage to get the sales guy on the phone (I minor miracle in itself) and explain I wasn't expecting the car until late December so I need until Monday to get the money. He tells me they cannot hold the car past Friday and after that I will lose my place in line. Wow.
Geez that’s terrible. It’s like having a reservation at 6 for dinner and the restaurant calls you at 4 and says you can come eat at 415 or your reservation is gone.

Geez that’s terrible. It’s like having a reservation at 6 for dinner and the restaurant calls you at 4 and says you can come eat at 415 or your reservation is gone.

Yep - I know this model is easier for Tesla, but it really is not customer friendly. With my first car (RIP) I was a day 1 reservation holder. Over 2 years later when my turn came up I was going to be out of town on vacation and they would not move the date even just a couple days for me to get back in town and said I'd forfeit my place in line. 2 years!

Yep - I know this model is easier for Tesla, but it really is not customer friendly. With my first car (RIP) I was a day 1 reservation holder. Over 2 years later when my turn came up I was going to be out of town on vacation and they would not move the date even just a couple days for me to get back in town and said I'd forfeit my place in line. 2 years!
Hey Aellinsar, would you mind sharing how much your insurance company paid you for your 2018 model 3 with EAP? I have a 2018 model 3 (~28k miles) with EAP and FSD and was recently involved in a hit-and-run incident. The autobody shop quoted me 38K for the repair and they said the car will likely get totaled so I'm trying to get an idea how much should I be negotiating with my insurance company. Thankss!

Hey Aellinsar, would you mind sharing how much your insurance company paid you for your 2018 model 3 with EAP? I have a 2018 model 3 (~28k miles) with EAP and FSD and was recently involved in a hit-and-run incident. The autobody shop quoted me 38K for the repair and they said the car will likely get totaled so I'm trying to get an idea how much should I be negotiating with my insurance company. Thankss!

They gave me a total of $54.4k after including sales tax into the check.