Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car won't wake from app

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Certainly enough to give app access.

I agree. I have tried this, by accident actually and the car will wake on any entry point attempt. If you pull a door handle the screen will light also telling you too use key card. Though like others have said, always carry it.

I have been reading this thread with much interest, first time using the car in 5 days and it woke no problem, first time with BT off, also only lost 1% :eek:

I have mobile coming out tomorrow so I will ask for us all, see if I can find anything out

I spotted something on one of the Facebook Tesla forums:

upload_2020-9-21_19-43-19.png

I reckon that's not a good explanation, but perhaps worth a try.

I must admit to not having been through the whole of this thread but recent posts still seem to suggest it may be a LTE cum SIM card problem. For what it is worth our LRAWD sits in the garage happily connected at full signal to the house WiFi, and can't we woken with TeslaFi from my desktop, so absolutely no LTE involved. Also, it won't wake from either an iOS or Android phone (via WiFi or 4G) and the problem started before latest software upgrade to car.

could it be a batch of 4G sims/profiles are a bit dodgy.

Well that’s come back to haunt me.

Can no longer wake the car remotely, the only possible factor must be vehicle SIM connection to mobile network as no other conditions have changed.

It is possible the network operator for whatever SIMs we have - has pushed out SIM profile or other SIM settings in batches, triggering this seemingly random flaw - but there will be a data and/or programmatic software root cause.

How annoying !

And another...

View attachment 590606

Seems to be pointing to SIM/provider issues.
I do believe it is more likely sim provider issues which is why it only seems to be affecting some cars and only the U.K. and some other EU countries. But I think this might be the wrong way round, mine and I’m pretty sure most other M3 have a Dutch network whereas S and X tend to have a Spanish network

I may have jumped too early. Since logging out of app, then back in again - service has re-appeared and left the car to go to sleep for an hour, then have gone back into app , saw “waking up” message and 7-8 seconds later it woke up fine this time.

Will check again first thing tomorrow.