Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CCS Adapter - ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
ouch 250 bucks...guess if ya travel alot it can pay off...wonder how many ppl going to try to steal these
I ordered one, I hope I never use it. I also have jumper cables in my wife's ride. I also hope I never need those. Generator in the garage, only been started twice in 2 years. I'll keep the CCS adapter (and my J1772 adapter) in my car, because it's a lot cheaper than a tow and a hotel room.

I ordered one, I hope I never use it. I also have jumper cables in my wife's ride. I also hope I never need those. Generator in the garage, only been started twice in 2 years. I'll keep the CCS adapter (and my J1772 adapter) in my car, because it's a lot cheaper than a tow and a hotel room.
I had the chademo adapter for that reason too. I never actually _needed_ it, but it still came in handy on certain trips. And, tbh, I did have one trip where the supercharger was showing as offline when we were leaving. Fortunately it actually worked, but if it didn't work then the chademo might have kept us from getting stranded.

Its good to have backup plans.

jumper cables are cheap. Generator isnt but worth it if area has power issues i guess.....I have free towing but yeah hotel rooms expensive, however if on a trip and something like that happened, I would have to cancel trip or rent a car......Planning will help avoid all these, same in an Ice car :)
However if I traveled ALOT, i might consider for sure :)

If anyone has an eligible car but does NOT want to buy the CCS adaptor, could you cc me and maybe let me Pay you for one on your account? I can’t get the Tesla site to allow me to purchase - says car not eligible, but I plan to update my car myself pretty soon and would rather have the adaptor in hand. LMK..
Saw this posted on Slickdeals:

“If you're still waiting on your car and want to purchase this now, you can right click on the disabled button -> go to inspect element -> remove disabled property on the button -> go through check out process”

Saw this posted on Slickdeals:

“If you're still waiting on your car and want to purchase this now, you can right click on the disabled button -> go to inspect element -> remove disabled property on the button -> go through check out process”
Thanks.. coudlnt find the actual SD post, but tried “remove disable property on this element” and now I think I’ve broken Chrome.. oh well.

WOW, Tesla bumped the price for CCS adapter from $250 to $325!
I am glad that was able to buy before the price hike.
It is still $250 for me:

1664393367717.png

Are you sure you didn't switch to the Canadian store?

• Helpful
Reactions: israndy
WOW, Tesla bumped the price for CCS adapter from $250 to $325!
I am glad that was able to buy before the price hike.

I’m still seeing $250 on 2 separate devices. Although there‘s a message the top of the page saying “Tesla Shop is currently unavailable for checkout. Browse products in the meantime.” so maybe they’re doing updates.

That being said, I put the adapter in my cart and sat there for minutes before actually buying last night. :) I don’t travel much so I don’t need it but felt it would be good to have and probably can sell it down the line without losing much.

Reactions: Art84
I have a question on its use. I've only used mine once back in June and don't remember what I did. but the manual (below) says to unlock and to not press the button. 99% of my charging is at home using the UMC. I press it's button to unlock and then remove the handle. I think I do the same at an SC station. So how do you unlock the charge port with the CCS1? I'm guessing I pressed the button on the EA handle but don't remember. Or is the unlock just the fact that the car has to be unlocked / your phone with you>?

When charging is complete:
1. Stop the charging session using the
vehicle's touchscreen, the mobile app or
the charging station's screen.

2. Unlock the vehicle's charge port.

3. Hold the charging handle with one hand
and the CCS Combo 1 adapter with the
other hand and pull both toward you
simultaneously.
NOTE: When holding the charging handle,
do not press its button.

4. Remove the CCS Combo 1 adapter from
the charging handle by pressing the
button on the handle and pulling the CCS
1 Combo adapter away from the handle

I have a question on its use. I've only used mine once back in June and don't remember what I did. but the manual (below) says to unlock and to not press the button. 99% of my charging is at home using the UMC. I press it's button to unlock and then remove the handle. I think I do the same at an SC station. So how do you unlock the charge port with the CCS1? I'm guessing I pressed the button on the EA handle but don't remember. Or is the unlock just the fact that the car has to be unlocked / your phone with you>?

When charging is complete:
1. Stop the charging session using the
vehicle's touchscreen, the mobile app or
the charging station's screen.

2. Unlock the vehicle's charge port.

3. Hold the charging handle with one hand
and the CCS Combo 1 adapter with the
other hand and pull both toward you
simultaneously.
NOTE: When holding the charging handle,
do not press its button.

4. Remove the CCS Combo 1 adapter from
the charging handle by pressing the
button on the handle and pulling the CCS
1 Combo adapter away from the handle
These instructions are actually the same as using just a J1772 adapter. If you don't follow this, the J1772 adapter will get stuck in the port and is difficult to remove when it locks.

Tried my new Tesla CCS1 adapter at a Electrify America station near my house. Took about 1 minute to communicate with the car before starting charging at 73 KW. Arrived at 44% and stopped automatically at 85% (the set charge limit). It was free. I did not precondition the battery as the EA station is about 1 mile from home. There are 8 stalls and I was the only car there. The CCS1 cables are liquid cooled and big. According the EA stall screen, I can charge up to 150 KW but it is $0.16 per minutes. I went for the free charge.