Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CCS Retrofit Availability (2023)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
what was the cost of the retrofit?
Screenshot_20230302-151118~2.png

Just completed a side by side at a Chargepoint station. My Chademo adapter pulled 48 kw and the CCS adapter pulled 55 kw. The station is rated for 62.5 kw.

It is wonderful to have options. Yay Tesla!

My charging system ECU failed last week. Ranger replaced it with a new CCS capable one. But the Tesla online store will not let me order the CCS adaptor because it doesn't now my car is CCS capable yet. Anyone recommend an after market CCS adaptor I could buy?

My charging system ECU failed last week. Ranger replaced it with a new CCS capable one. But the Tesla online store will not let me order the CCS adaptor because it doesn't now my car is CCS capable yet. Anyone recommend an after market CCS adaptor I could buy?

You should be able to just trigger a software reload from the Service menu. The process of refreshing the software triggers the Tesla Mothership to know your car is CCS Enabled. (At least it did when I upgraded mine...)

• Helpful
Reactions: GSP
The Ranger had to reload the software after the ECU install. But I guess I could try to do it again. The car knows it is CCS enabled.

It should have Just Worked. Maybe try ordering the adapter again in a day or two? Or perhaps your local service center has one? I got my adapter back when folks were getting them forwarded from Korea. When they were finally available in N America, the Mothership already knew I'd upgraded my car. So I'm not sure what the actual time delay is between doing the upgrade, and being able to order the adapter.

I've got the adapter but maybe don't want to wait until H2 for Tesla to make the retrofit available for Model Ys.

I came across this DIY. Anyone know for sure if installing myself will *not* violate the warranty?

Reactions: tander